Hybrid View

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

More Tremendous Advices of Ibn Mas'ood

52- 'Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) said: The people will continue to be upon goodness so long as they take knowledge from the companions of the Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), and from their elders. But if they take knowledge from the young ones, they will be destroyed. [Saheeh, reported by 'Abdullaah ibn Mubarak in Az-Zuhd, and Ibn 'Abdul-Barr in Jami' Bayanul-'Ilm: 1/616-617]
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

53- [When word reached Ibn Mas'ood that someone said the Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) did not leave a bequest], Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) said:

Whoever wishes to look at the wasiyyah of Muhammad (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) which is (as if it) has his seal upon it, then let him read His Statement, the Most High: Say (O Muhammad, salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam): "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him... [until] And verily, this (i.e. Allaah's Commandments mentioned in the above two Verses) is my Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)." (Al-An'aam, ayat 151-153)

That is what he has commanded you with." [At-Tirmidhee 'hasan gharib' (3080); At-Tabaraani (1208)] ----->

Shaikh Fawzaan (hafidhahullaah) pointed out - while teaching Kitab at-Tawheed - that each of these three above verses (Al-An'aam, ayat 151-153) that Ibn Mas'ood recited include the following perfect words:

ذَلِكُمْ وَصَّاكُمْ بِه

Dhaalikum wassaakum bihi – 'that is what He [Allaah, the Most High] has commanded you with.'

Then Shaikh Fawzaan (hafidhahullaah Ta'aala) said: "This shows that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaiyhi wa sallam) did not command with anything other than what Allaah commanded with. ...That the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaiyhi wa sallam) commanded with that which Allaah commanded with, so every command from Allaah is also a command of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaiyhi wa sallam)."

54- Abu Khaithama (Imam An-Nasaa`ee) narrated to us, saying: Jareer reported to us from Mansoor from Abu-Duhaa that Masrooq said: We were once sitting with 'Abdullaah (Ibn Mas'ood), while he was reclining on a couch, when a man came to him saying: 'O Abu 'Abdur-Rahmaan! There is a story teller by the gates of Kandah who is claiming that the sign of the Smoke will come and grasp the breaths of the disbelievers (i.e. kill them), while it will give the believers something like a cold.'

So 'Abdullaah (radiallaahu 'anhu) said while sitting up and in a state of anger:

O people! Fear Allaah! Whoever amongst you knows something, then let him speak concerning what he has knowledge of. And whoever does not know, then let him say "Allaah knows best," for indeed it is the best form of knowledge for one to say concerning things he has no knowledge of: "Allaah knows best." Allaah has indeed told His Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam): Say: I do not ask you for any reward for this (Qur`an), nor am I from the pretenders. (Sad, ayah 86) [The Book of Knowledge, by Imam An-Nasaa`ee]

__________________________________________________ ___________________

55-'Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) said: Verily, you are in a time in which the scholars are many and the speakers are few. And verily there will come a time after you in which the speakers will be many and the scholars will be few. [The Book of Knowledge, by Imam An-Nasaa`ee]
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

56-'Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) said: Aspire to be a scholar or a student of knowledge or a listener (of hadeeth). And do not be of the fourth category, lest you be destroyed. [The Book of Knowledge, by Imam An-Nasaa`ee]

57- 'Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) said: If you are able to be the one receiving the hadeeth (as opposed to narrating it), then do so. [The Book of Knowledge, by Imam An-Nasaa`ee]

__________________________________________________ ______________________

58- 'Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) said: Indeed, no one is born a scholar. Rather, knowledge is only (obtained) through learning. [The Book of Knowledge, by Imam An-Nasaa`ee]

59- 'Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) said: Do not bore and fatigue the people (i.e. with too much knowledge). [The Book of Knowledge, by Imam An-Nasaa`ee]

60- 'Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) said: Truth is heavy and wholesome, and falsehood is light and contaminated; and it may be that (some) desire will inherit a prolonged grief. [Al-Fawaa`id: pg. 219, via SalafiCentre]

61- 'Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) said: The slave will not reach the reality of Eemaan until he settles on its highest point, and he cannot settle on its highest point until poverty is more beloved to him than richness, and until humbleness is more beloved to him than elevation in status, and until praise and dispraise of him is the same to him. [Al-Fawaa`id: pg. 218, via SalafiCentre]

Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.