Threaded View

Abu Talhah

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala Rasoolullah.
    "Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon."
    "Indeed to Allaah we belong and to Him we shall return."

May Allah the most merciful the bestower of mercy grant our dear brother Abu Talhah and his wife jannatul firdous, and protect his children from any harm.*

My first encounter with Abu Talhah was around 20 years ago at a mini conference in East London, I was there with some brothers from Reading, we had just started
    practicing and *we asked Abu Talhah *(rahimahullaah) about reciting Al-Fatiha behind the imaam in Salah.
    He explained the different opinions and I remember asking him what opinion he follows
    and he did not say out of his humility and fear that we *may follow him blindly. That incident has stuck with me ever since. Abu Talha introduced us to the manhaj of The Shaikh, the Muhadith, the reviver of the sunnah Muhammad Nasirudeen Al-Albaanee*(rahimahullaah).

*One of the last times I saw the brother was when he came for umrah *last year and I took him to some bookshops, *as we stopped at the masjid qiblatain traffic lights, he started telling me about the area, that it is where the tribe of Bani Salama lived and they asked Allah's Messenger if they could move closer to the masjid and that's when the messenger of Allah *told them about the reward of every step one takes going to the masjid (Sahih Muslim, *side point Shaikh Abd Al-Muhsin Al-Abaad says and for every step one takes coming back from the masjid).
    **And also pointed out the mountain on which the sahabee stood to call out to Ka'ab bin Malik to inform him regarding the ayah bearing witness to his truthfulness( Tawbah:17-18) It was beautiful to have knowledge based background to the area.

I found the brother to be consistent from *my first to the last meeting with him.
    There was something special about him,**he was a man of honour, people loved him and respected him immensely. He was humble and you could see that he was a man of sunnah who implemented knowledge through his actions.*
    It is reported that the Imaam of jarh wa ta'adeel As Shaikh Rabaee bin Hadee said about Abu Talha that he is more beloved to him than his own son.

The *janaza was prayed at the Ka'bah after Fajr *prayer and they were buried in the cemetery *closest to the Haram called Malla.

Oh Allah grant our brother and his wife the highest jannah.

Hudhaifah (Naveed) Madinah KSA.