Hybrid View

I have been associated with TROID since 1997 in the way of providing graphic support for the logo identity, book covers, flyers, websites, book covers etc. Although I don't live in Toronto, and cannot speak for day to day activities or inner organization details, I have had close contact with those involved with the current situation on both sides (some more than others) since 1997. What I found strange in the response from Harun Cole is that he constantly made reference to Umar Hashimee's residence in London, ON. The reason I found this strange is because Jamaica is quite a lot further away, and in the late 1990's Harun Cole left Canada for several years to peruse a business venture that included myself. Harun Cole was active in da'wah activities in Jamaica, but had no responsibility or connection to TROID as far as I'm aware. I remember the state of TROID when he left, it was reduced to a closet space type of area with no facilities and mounting dept. The hizbees in Toronto actually had a nick name for TROID back then, they called it Dis-TROID. As for other individuals utilized in this take over, Khalil Brown, has been MIA for several years before Harun even went to Jamaica so why is he currently significant? Likewise, Said Ali and anyone who has spent time in Toronto knew that Said did go through a trial with his emaan and was not involved with TROID for several years as well. So to attack Umar on this is quite hypocritical and brings the claimants integrity under question.

Another amazing claim is the misappropriation of funds, perhaps more clarity will be shed on the part of the current administration but one thing I can say is that usually the result of abuse of funds is a decrease in the facilities and financial up keep of the building and organization as a whole. This is because greed usually spirals out of control. I think anyone here in N. America who is truthful would agree, TROID is the most organized, financially stable, clean and proficient (in terms of quality of printed materials) Salafi markaz in N. America. TROID in it's most recent state (before disruption) had an excellent infrastructure, modern and effective. Quite amazing if you had seen the fall of TROID under the old leadership to its successfulness in the current years and all success is from Allah alone. In the USA we have been accustom to expensive gatherings of knowledge, with long drawn out sessions of fundraising, not so has been the case with TROID's beneficial programs. Furthermore, the exaggerated attack on an "outrageously expensive laptop" shows the sort of short sightedness the accusers have in terms of running an effective organization. The MacBook Pro that Umar has is the same as mine, a highly professional machine which is used for cutting edge production of graphics, video and audio. Recently someone was complaining about the poor audio of the Shaykh Ramzan visit to Toronto, why is that? Because the MacBook was stolen from Umar just before the program took place. Audio quality has never been an issue with TROID under the effort of Umar who is technically savvy and has insight on the importance quality. If our Salafi organizations and masaajid do not invest in such advance technology, our dawah will be behind as it is in many areas in the US. Lack of insight to this is an indication of incompetence on the part of these individuals, and Allah knows best. There is a lot more that could be said, but I think further clarifications from the members of TROID will do better then what I have to say, but I would say from my experience and business partnership with Harun Cole, if I were one of the complainants, I definitely would not support this individual to be in charge of TROID as I'm sorry to say but the truth needs to be said, he is incompetent for any leadership role and I fear that the term Dis-TROID would come to surface again under the Harun Cole administration. We seek the truth, so may Allah aid those upon it and expose and destroy those upon other than it.
    Abu Faruq AbdisSalaam al-Canadi