Hybrid View

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Ibn Ibraheem Aali Shaykh: The Greatest Ignorance is being Ignorant of Allaah Ta'aala, His Names and Attributes

Muhammad Ibn Ibraaheem Aali Shaykh (d. 1389H, rahimahullaah Ta'aala) said: "And ignorance is of various types, the greatest of them being ignorance of Allaah, The Most High, and of His Names and of His Attributes. And this is in fact greater than being ignorant of His Religion and His Legislation!..." [SharH Kashf ush-Shubuhaat Min Taqreeraat ash-Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Ibraaheem]
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.

Exclamation Concerning the hadeeth that includes Allaah's Beautiful Name "Al-Mannan (The Bestower)," the following is the wording in Nisaa`ee, which also includes Allaah's Beautiful Name Al-Ha

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Concerning the hadeeth that includes Allaah's Beautiful Name "Al-Mannan (The Bestower)," the following is the wording in Nisaa`ee, which also includes Allaah's Beautiful Name Al-Hayy al-Qayyum:

Anas bin Malik (radiAllaahu Ta'aala 'anhu) narrated: I was sitting with the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa salam) and a man was standing and praying. When he bowed, prostrated and recited the tashahhud, he supplicated, and in his supplication he said: "Allaahumma inni as`aluka bi-anna lakal-hamd, laa illaaha illa Anta, al-Mannanu, Badi'us-Samawati wal-Ard, ya Dhal-Jalali wal-Ikram! Ya Hayyu ya Qayyum! Inni as`aluka. (Oh Allaah, indeed I ask You since all praise is due to You, there is none worthy of worship except You, The Bestower, the Originator of the heavens and earth, Oh Possessor of Majesty and Honor, Oh Ever-living, Oh Sustainer and Protector (of all creation), I ask of You.)"

The Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa salam) said: "Do you know what he has supplicated with?" They said: "Allaah and His Messenger know best." He said: "By the One in Whose Hand is my soul, he called upon Allaah by His greatest Name, which - if He is called by it - He responds, and if He is asked by it, He gives." [Ahmad, Abu Daawood, at-Tirmidhee, An-Nisaa`ee, Ibn Majah, and others; this wording is the wording in Nisaa`ee]

Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.