Hybrid View

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Dying Upon The Sunnah

Student Abu Hasan Maalik relayed the following:

Hammaad Ibn Zayd (d.181H, rahimahullaah) mentioned that Ayoob as-Sakhtiyaanee (d.131H, rahimahullaah) said: "When I am informed of the death of a man from the people of the Sunnah, it is as if I have lost one of my limbs." Refer to Sharh Usoolul-I'tiqaad of al-Laalikaa`ee (1/66).
    Student Aboo Soohailah 'Umar Quinn relayed the following:

'Abdullaah ibn al-Mubarak Maroodi (rahimahullaah) said: "
    Know, ya akhee (my brother) that death is a gift from Allaah for whoever meets Allaah Subhanahu wa Ta'aala upon the Sunnah of Muhammad (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam). And we complain to Allaah Subhanahu wa Ta'aala concerning the death of our brothers, and the fewness of those who support the religion, and the appearance of many innovations in the religion."

Student Aboo 'Abdilaah Hasan as-Somali relayed the following from Sharh Usool I'tiqaad Ahl Us Sunnah Wal Jamaa'h:

Mu'tamir Ibn Sulaymaan (rahimahullaah) said: "I entered upon my father and I was sad. So he said to me, 'What is wrong with you?' I responded, 'A friend of mine passed away.' He said, 'Did he die upon the Sunnah?' I said 'Yes.' He said, 'Don't feel sorry for him.'"

Mu'aafah Ibn 'Imraan (rahimahullaah) said: "Do not praise a man until death, as he will either die upon the Sunnah or die upon innovation."

Al-Fudayl Ibn Iyaad (rahimahullaah) said: "Tooba is for the one who dies upon Islaam and the Sunnah. If it is like this (i.e. a person dies upon Islaam and the Sunnah), then frequently say, 'Maa Shaa` Allaah.'"

'Awn (rahimahullaah) said: "Whoever dies upon Islaam and the Sunnah, then for him are glad tidings of all that is good."
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.