Threaded View

Arrow Yahyah al-Hajooree: his Excesses and Ghuloo

Shaikh Muhammad bin Haadi al-Madkhali on Yahyah al-Hajooree:
    "He has gone beyond bounds and no one is safe from him"
    "The Ulamaa of the Sunnah, the heads of the Da’watus Salafiyah are cursed in his gathering in recited lines of poetry, then he praises these individuals who curse?!"

PART 2.

Bismillahi Wal Hamdullillah Was Salaatu Was Salaamu 'Alaa Rasoolillahi

Ammaa B'ad

This is a question that was posed to Shaikh Muhammad ibn Haadi Al Madkhali– Hafidhahullah which was part of a lecture in manhaj delivered by The Noble Shaikh – May Allah preserve Him – when he met with his sons (i.e younger students of knowledge) in the city of Jeezaan on Tuesday the 8th of Shawaal in the year 1432 (corresponding to tuesday the 6th of september 2011) after answering some of the questions posed by some of the attendees.

That which follows in the transcript of the question and its answer.

Question: The question was read by Shaikh Muhammad ibn Haadi (may Allah preserve him):

This is a question concerning the speech about Al-Hajoori and what is (the problem) between us.
    Shaikh Muhammad ibn Haadi responds by saying:

“There is nothing between him and I, there is nothing between him and I other than what you have already heard. There is no dispute between him and I, though his speaking ill of the Ulamaa of the Sunnah has increased, him and his students. He has gone beyond bounds and no one is safe from him. Nothing has occurred between him and I. Nothing in relation to honour or any wealth has warranted me speaking.

I was asked about him and I said he is foolish, why would one travel to Dammaj? To learn this foolishness from him?! He is resembles Shaikh Faalih (ibn Naafi’ Al Harbi) or even worse!

(So) these were three statements that I uttered and the evidences establish (the truthful nature of) them.

The Ulamaa of the Sunnah, the heads of the Da’watus Salafiyah are cursed in his gathering in some (recited lines of) poetry, then he praises these individuals who curse?!. So we seek refuge from our states changing (from good to bad) and we ask Allah for security and continued virtuousness (and safety)

The institute of learning in Dammaaj was set up to teach the Sunnah, not for cursing the scholars of the Sunnah, and the mashaaykh of the Sunnah and speaking ill of them and dispraising them. It has now turned into this! Poetry is recited for the purpose of cursing the the Mashaaykh and the great men of knowledge of the Sunnah?! What then do we say about such a thing?

If this is not foolishness then I do not know what foolishness is!!

So we ask Allah for security and continued virtuousness (and safety). And let them make their statements and let them say what they will, this doesn’t harm us in any way, for we are commanded to speak the truth, so let he who wishes to become angry get angry and let he who wishes to be pleased be pleased.

As I said previously there is no previous dispute between me and Shaikh Yahyaa Al-Hajooree at all, but when he reached this point I stated what I believe and what I hold before Allah, the Majestic , the Most High.

In any case I will not add to what I have (already) mentioned, for the questions about this issue have become plentiful, thus I am saying this now and I know I am being recorded so let it be recorded, because they came to me in my masjid in Madina (concerning this issue) and I said this statement is true and correct for I am not one to flee.

As for the Ghuloo (extremism and exaggerations) that occurs concerning him then there is much to narrate concerning that (such that will amaze you, like him being described as:) "Imaam uth-Thaqalain" (the Imaam of mankind and the Jinn!) or ‘If one were to touch and wipe his sandles (in exoneration of him) until such and such a time he would still not have been given his due right!' and other examples of speech that ones ears will detest hearing! (such as) "If he were to be melted then his flesh would become Sunnah!" Or "(His flesh would become) verses from the eternal book!" And other than this!

The amazing thing is that they say that you people listen to the traitors/slanderers and we have heard this in recordings from them with their voices, and we have read this in some of their published books. In particular, the book that was written by Abdul Hameed Al-Hajoori concerning treachery in the da’wah this poetry is present within it.

Recently Shaikh Rabee’ has likewise been cursed by way of poetry, and he (Shaikh Yahyaa) says to the one that curses him (after he recites this poem) ‘Baarakallahu Feeka’! These are (just) examples. So what is said about the like of this? If this is not foolishness then I do not know foolishness!

So we ask Allah for security and continued virtuousness (and safety). And we ourselves do not fall into foolishness, rather we stop at that junction, not out of fear or weakness but because it is not befitting for us to fall into the likes of this foolishness (along with them). I have mentioned this to you only that you may know of some of it. And by Allah, the individual who is intelligent, astute, alert and virtuous will protect his tongue from falling into the likes of this speech, but occasionally one is compelled to have to mention something (from that). Thus I am merely narrating some of it to you that you may know the reason I made those three statements.

So we ask Allah for security from slipping (ie errors and misguidance) in statement and action, just as we ask him the majestic, the most high for guidance and success. And Allah knows best.
    Wa Sallallahu wa salam wa baarak ‘alaa abdihi wa rasoolihi nabbiyinaa Muhammad wa ‘alaa aalihi was sahbihi ajma’een

(For the Arabic source and audio refer to: http://www.sahab.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=123151)

Abu Hakeem Bilaal Davis