Threaded View

Attempts to Change the Ownership of the Web Hosting Account for troid.org, islaam.ca, islaam.ae – and to gain control of email accounts and Web Servers

The same evening (as the above banking incident), we noticed that access to our email accounts was not working. Upon seeing this, we sought to log in to our web server (for the abovementioned websites) to check on this issue and found that the password for the webserver didn’t work – it seemed that someone had changed the passwords and locked us out of our webserver and emails! Upon logging in to the customer contact section of our web hosting company, amazingly we found that the ownership of our webserver and the websites above had been changed to Aron (Harun) Cole – the local ringleader for this takeover bid. Here is a screenshot of this fraud:

Note that the address matches TROID but the owner and point of contact had been changed to Aron (Harun) Cole! So they used the same method of paper-fraud (mentioned above) to convince our web host that they are in charge of these websites and rightful owners! This worked for a short time, and they sought to move very quickly.

During this five hour window of time they had control, Harun and those aiding him changed our email account passwords, got access to prersonal email accounts and even sent this sample test email to make sure they were in control! (which we found later in our inbox – when we resolved the issue – perhaps they thought they were victorious and we wouldn’t gain control of the sites/email again!), this is the given email:

Begin forwarded message:
    Date: 16 July, 2011 0:52:15 EDT
    To: <info@troid.org>
    Subject: Test

Naturally, we sought to resolve this issue quickly with our web hosting company. We managed to speak to exactly the same associate that Aron (Harun) Cole had spoken with. He detailed to us the documents that Said Ali and Aron (Harun) Cole had sent him (imagine that – for those who know or had contact with troid.org in the last 10 yrs, do those names mean anything to you as it relates to troid.org?). So he asked me for more updated accounts and proofs of which I was easily able to supply. He then asked me some simple security questions. He (web hosting rep.) asked me “when was the account created?” and “when did you move to a new server?” of which I was able to provide accurate answers off the top of my head. At this point, the web hosting rep. was convinced of the rightful owner and began to open up to me. He said, “These guys, hackers or whoever they are, I asked Aron the same question (i.e. how long has the account active) and he answered ‘a few years’ and he was quite angry with me and I believe you are the rightful owner and we will take steps to secure the situation.”

So this non-Muslim is even alleging that Aron (Harun) Cole lied to him – in this case to gain control of troid.org and the group of troid websites and to access our email accounts (which they did for several hours including personal accounts). The web hosting rep. granted us access to his log of this event for legal purposes which we will be pursuing against the fraudsters and confidence tricksters. Al-Hamdulillaah, the web hosing issue was secured and resolved but not before a bold, ludicrous and simply evil attempt to strongarm them away from their rightful custodians with lies and deception.

Attempts to Change Ownership to the Registration Rights of the Domain “troid.org”

Following the clandestine web hosting overtake attempt, like the clandestine bank account overtake attempt – it occurred to us that the next logical step involving their paper fraud would be to gain control of the registration and ownership of the domain name "troid.org" (for those unfamiliar with websites, there are two aspects, the domain name registration and the web hosting account). Keeping all the technical details to one side, we have possession of the IP address from which this fraud was being attempted, which traces back to a cable account at Rogers. We will be pursuing legal action after tracing the invidual with this information, it is clear that Harun Cole used the services of some other person in this fraud.

One should also note, that a few days before the website overtake bid, our group of sites were hacked, and a few days before that, our web developer's laptop and phone were stolen - we ask Allaah to expose those who did these acts and bring them to justice, ameen. Currently our group of websites is offline and going through some transitions, it should also be noted that any email correspondence from @troid.org or the domain www.troid.org currently is not emanating from us.