Threaded View

I chose this program because the Shaikh is well known from the students of knowledge resident in Al-Madinah and his program has been recommended by Shaikh Ghudayaan, Shaikh Rabee, and Shaikh Ubaid.

On the 2011 Umrah trip organised by Abu Khadijah and Abu Maryam, I asked Shaikh Ubaid whether it was a good idea to distribute the book ‘Barnaamaj Ilmi’ amongst the pilgrims who were attending the lessons as part of the Umrah package. He said to do so.

I remember one or some of the scholars in Dar al-Iftaa, I think Shaikh Ghudayaan, rahimullaah, said he would teach his children using this program.

Shaikh Usaamah was a 3rd year student when I was in my 1st year in the College of Hadeeth [1995-96]. He used to sell books from the boot [trunk] of his old Toyota or Nissan outside the college building after school. I remember buying books from him due to his recommendations.

He said by selling books his knowledge of books increased. We all enjoyed buying from him and I benefitted just by standing by his car, as he explained to every buyer the merits of that book and its print. Better than any bookshop! Mashallah, good prices too.

He was a good role model for us and I hope his Program will be beneficial for all us Salafis in the West. I hope that everyone will start to study and in particular to read more. We all should have libraries at home and purchase all the English books that are published by the Salafi Publishers and other recommended titles. It also will be a support for them and something beneficial to leave our children.

So I will go through book starting with the Introduction on this thread. Then inshallah, each subject will have its own thread, notes and discussion.