Hybrid View

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

1.) "Verily! You (O Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam) guide not whom you like, but Allâh guides whom He wills. And He knows best those who are the guided." (Al-Qasas 28:56)
    and,
    "Not upon you (Muhammad ) is their guidance, but Allâh guides whom He wills."(Al-Baqarah 2:272)
    and,
    "And most of mankind will not believe even if you desire it eagerly." (Yusuf 12:103)
    This type of hidaayah is Hidaayatut-Tawfeeq Li Qabool al-Haqq (The guidance of success to the acceptance of the truth).

2.) It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâm), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikûn (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh) hate (it). (At-Tawbah 9:33)
    This type of hidaayah is Hidaayatul-Irshaad wa at-Ta'leem wa ad-Dalaalah (The guidance of direction, teaching and evidence).

3. These verses do not contradict themselves, Allaah(subhana wata'ala) changes the hearts from kufr to eemaan, darkness to light, and from falsehood to the truth hence Hidaayatut-Tawfeeq Li Qabool al-Haqq (The guidance of success to the acceptance of the truth). And only He('azza wa jal) is capable of this, an example of this is the fate of Abu Taalib. As for that hidaayah which is affirmed for the Prophet(salallahu alayhi wa sallam) then it is the tasfiyah and tarbiyah, his(salallahu alayhi wa sallam) teaching the correct Aqidah, Manhaj, Adab etc. i.e. his(salallahu alayhi wa sallam) sunnah. This is Hidaayatul-Irshaad wa at-Ta'leem wa ad-Dalaalah (The guidance of direction, teaching and evidence). And Allaah knows best.

Whatever I presented of truth is from Allaah(azza wa jal) and whatever I presented of falsehood is from Shaytan and myself.

p.s. I was not able to provide an answer for question number four, Baarakallahu Feekum.