Are the Munkareen al-Hadeeth kaffir?

As-salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu,

Are the Munkareen al-Hadeeth (Hadeeeth Rejecters) kaffir? They call themselves "al-Qur'aaniyoon" etc. I tried to find fataawaa about it, but was unsuccessful.

If there are any articles &/fataawaa etc. about it, please pass them on.

Jazak'Allaah khayran.

Abujamaal.

Wa'alykum salam warahmatulahi wabaaraktuh,

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan hafidahullah clarifies this issue:

Question:

This person asks about the one who says: "I only believe in the Qur'an, as for the Sunnah, then it is not truthful."

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan:

This is a disbeliever. This is a disbeliever.

For he is a liar, he does not take the Qur'an as being truthful. The Qur'an commands the following of the Sunnah. Allah, the Almighty, says:

"And whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)." (al-Hashr 59:7)

The Qur'an has commanded us to follow the Sunnah of the Messenger, sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam. So the one who says: "I believe in the Qur'an but I do not believe in the Sunnah." He has (in reality) disbelieved in the Qur'an and the Sunnah, for he has taken the Qur'an not as being truthful.

Allah says in the Qur'an: "And whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)." (al-Hashr 59:7)

And Allah, the Allmighty, says: "And if you obey him..." Who is "him" (in this verse)? The Messenger.

"If you obey him, you shall be on the right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to convey (the message) in a clear way (i.e. to preach in a plain way)." (al-Noor 24:54)

The Exalted said: "Obey Allah and obey his messenger" (an-Nisaa 4:59)

The Exalted says: "He who obeys the Messenger, has indeed obeyed Allah" (an-Nisaa 4:80)

So those who do not regard the Sunnah as being truthful, he is a disbeliever. He is a disbeliever, even with regards to the Qur'an.
    Attached Files

Jazak'Allaah khayr, akhi.

Another brother gave me the below link to a 7 part lecture series on "Quranites" by Dr. Saleh as-Saleh (raheemahullaah):

http://understand-islam.net/site/ind...d=45#Quranites

Also, I found a fatwa on al-Ifta by Shaykh Ibn Baz (raheemahullaah):

http://www.alifta.com/Fatawa/FatawaC...No=1&BookID=14

Just a small quote:

"Anyone who denies or claims the permissibility of departing from the Sunnah and uses the Qur'an as the only source of legislation has gone far astray, accordingly, they are guilty of major Kufr (disbelief that takes the Muslim out of Islam) and have apostatized from Islam. That is because in doing so they are belying Allah (Exalted be He) and His Messenger (peace be upon him), denying their commands, and rejecting a great principle of Islam, which Allah has commanded Muslims to resort to, rely upon and follow."
    If anyone has anything else to add, please do.

Barak'Allaah feekum.

Abujamaal Farooq Howell.