Threaded View

The wording of Abu Usama on Abu Bakr as-Siddique radiallaahu 'anhu is an error and we hope he corrects it.

Since this is already public on Youtube, from justice is to clarify the correct position in this regard. We should not leave the listeners to feel Abu Bakr as-Siddique radhiallaahu 'anhu has errors in this manner and magnify them in public:

Abu Usama said:
    Because your heart is saleem, Allaah gave you hidaaya, you can sit there and not be offended when I say to you I am not going to follow Abu Bakr as-Siddique in (not clear)everything that he did. I SAW AND READ THINGS ABOUT ABU BAKR AS-SIDDIQUE THAT WOULDN'T ALLOW ME TO TAKE EVERYTHING THAT HE SAID because you have qalb saleem your 'Aqeedah is saleem in that regard. You will accept that. There are those people if they hate you too much they will take that statement out of context and they'll have you saying what you didn't say, have you saying what you didn't mean, have you saying what you didn't imply because of the hatred.

Sheikh 'Ubayd al-Jaabiri said: Authu billaah, this is excessive speech going beyond the boundaries. The Messenger salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "when my companions are mentioned then withhold."[As-Saheeha no.34] The Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa salaam said, "upon you is to follow my guidance and the guidance of the rightly guided caliphs." [The hadeeth of 'Irbaad "hold onto my Sunnah…" can be found in Musnad Imam Ahmed no. 17141, 17142, 17144, 17145, 17146, 17147. This hadeeth is without a doubt authentic due to many supporting narrations and similar texts authentically being reported by the Messenger sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam also found in the Sunans such as Sahīh Sunan Ibn Mājah no. 43 and others.]

He sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam called them rightly guided. So this is excessive speech going beyond the boundries and bad manners with the Khaleefah may Allaah be pleased with him. An error is not accepted, no doubt since no one after the Messenger sallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam is infallible since infallibility is in the Qur'an, Sunnah and Ijmaa' of the Ummah. This way of explaining this foundation of Islam is incorrect and excessive speech going beyond the boundries. To use Abu Bakr (radhiallaahu 'anhu) like this in this example is a revilement of Abu Bakr. The way he brought it is incorrect in its foundation, no one from the people of knowledge preceded him in this.