Sheikh Rabee' About the Mashayikh of Madinah and Maktabah Salafiyyah - Feb 2012

Visit to Sheikh Rabee' bin Haadi Al-Madhkhali Rabee' 1/1433 - Feb 2012

On 24 Rabee' 1 433, corresponding to Thursday 16th February 2012, Allaah blessed us to visit Sheikh Rabee' bin Haadi al-Madhkhali. I prayed the Maghrib prayer with the Sheikh along with other brothers mainly from North Africa. Some of the students, I recognized, were studying at the Islamic University of Madinah or the Prophet's mosque (sallallaahi 'alaihi wa sallam). The sheikh said come to the house so we all entered his house. We sat down and waited for him to come from the other door. When he came, he gave sallam and asked how was Sheikh 'Ubayd al-Jaabiri? I said that alhamdulilaah he was well mashaallaah. He asked the other brothers as to where they were from. He asked about their countries and their da'wah. Then he asked about the teachers in these countries and what were they teaching.

The sheikh gave some advice concerning Ikhlaas (sincerity) and Taqwa (piety). He also spoke of holding firm on to the rope of Allaah and not to be divided. The sheikh mentioned that we should advise each other wanting good for our brothers. The sheikh said that we should be brothers for the sake of Allaah. He warned from falling into the corrupt methodologies such as in our current time, into the dangers of the new principles laid down by Abul Hasan and lately 'Ali Hasan. One of the new false principles that some of these invented was the methodology of 'La Yalzamoni' meaning 'it doesn’t concern me so that they don't have to clarify their mistakes and repent. He said that this is similar to the way of the disbelievers, who say it it is not incumbent to clarify, so they can do as they wish. Then the sheikh called his driver to prepare tea for everyone.

When it was time for salatul Isha, I went to the prayer with the sheikh. After salatul Isha, I spoke with the sheikh briefly and as I was about to leave, the sheikh called me back and said that he was very busy writing up something (turned out it was in defense of Imam Bukhaari rahimahullaah against what 'Ali Hasan attributed to Imam Bukhaari that he has statements similar to the Murji'a but we don't call him Murji - put up earlier today 2nd Rabee' 2 1433 – Friday 24th February). He said "the library is open if you want to use it, you are welcome to stay and if you want you can also sleep over." Mashaallah, Allaahuma Baarik, the sheikh showed such beautiful manners. I decided to benefit from his library and went downstairs. After about an hour, I was about to leave but the driver said that the sheikh said no one leaves until they have had dinner. He called us up and we sat at the sufrah mashaallaah. He asked about the duroos in Madinah, he said give sallam to Sheikh 'Ubayd al-Jaabiri, Sheikh Muhammad bin Haadi and Sheikh 'Abdullah Al-Bukhaari, mentioning them by name. He asked about their efforts in Madinah. I said to him that Sheikh 'Ubayd teaches Saheeh al-Bukhaari in Masjid Dhu Nurayn near the Prophet's mosque (sallallaahi 'alaihi wa sallam) and that about a few hundred people attend. I mentioned that Sheikh Muhammad bin Haadi teachers 'Ma'aarij Al-Qubool' on Sundays and his masjid is always full mashaallaah. He asked where was sheikh Muhammad in the book? I replied that he was explaining the hadeeth of Jibril ('alayhi sallam). I also mentioned that sheikh 'Abdullah Al-Bukhaari was teaching Usool Thalatha and 'Umdat al-Ahkaam.

The sheikh was happy and then commented that the sign of the people on the truth is they concentrate on books of the scholars of the past and in particular 'Aqeedah. He then asked about the da'wah in the UK and he said if some brothers are still warning against the brothers at Maktaba Salafiyyah, he will personally address it and speak to those concerned not to warn against their brothers from Ahlu Sunnah. The sheikh advised that there should not be discord between the salafees. Advice is one thing and is welcomed from any person without dishonouring and defaming one's brother. May Allaah rectify the affairs and forgive us our shortcomings. Finally, after dinner, he said give my sallam to the mashaayikh.

I sought permission to leave and made du'a for the sheikh and left after saying the sallam. May Allaah aid us in that which benefits and benefit us with that which we have learnt. Ameen.

Abdulilah Lahmami

This inshaa'Allaah puts an end to the warnings that are being made against the Mashayikh of Madinah and the Maktabah. One should pay no attention to those who try to divide the ranks of Ahlus-Sunnah by speaking ill of those who love and call to the Sunnah. Cling, brothers and sisters, to this beautiful advice of 'Allaamah Rabee' al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah) in pursuing and acting upon knowledge, in loving the People of Sunnah and their Scholars - and also being upon clarity with regard to the callers to misguidance, being cautious of them and the false principles they call to. And we ask Allaah for security from fitan.

Was-sallallaahu 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi wasallam, wal-hamdulillaahi rabbil-'aalameem.
    Abu Khadeejah Abdul-Waahid Alam,
    Salafi Publications, UK.