Hybrid View

Exclamation Allaah's Messenger: Indeed Allaah has made that which is excreted by the son of Aadam as an example of the Dunya!

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

The Reality of the Dunya and what remains of it

Excerpts:

Indeed the Messenger of Allaah - Sallallaahu alaihi was Sallam – mentioned the reality of the dunya in many Ahaadeeth. He informed us of the the fact that the dunya is of no value with Allaah; in fact he likened it to the most despicable of affairs. Consider the following hadeeth:

Upon the authority of Dahaak ibn Sufyaan – Radiyallaahu Anhu – who said that the Messenger of Allaah – Sallallaahu Alaihi wa Sallam – said to him: Oh Dahhaak! What is your food? He responded: "Oh Messenger of Allaah! Meat and Milk!" He said: Then what happens to it? He said, "It becomes that which you know!" He said: Indeed Allah has made that which is excreted by the son of Aadam, as an example of the Dunya.

Upon the authority of Salmaan Al Faarisi – Radhiyallaahu Anhu who said: A people came to the Messenger of Allaah – Sallallaahu Alaihi was Sallam - and he said to them: Do you have food? They responded, 'Yes!' He said: And do you have drink? They replied, 'Yes!' Then he said: And you choose and select it (ie your food)? They said, 'Yes!' He said: And you cool it (i.e. your drink). They said: Yes! He said: Indeed the outcome of the dunya is like the end result of both of them! (I.e human waste) One of you stands behind his house (After answering the call of nature) and holds his nose from the foul smell.
    That which remains from the dunya

Upon the authority of Ibn Umar – Radhiyallaahu Anhu – said: "We were sitting with the Prophet – Sallallaahu Alaihi Was Sallam - and the sun was upon Qu’ayqi’aan (a well-known mountain in Makkah) after asr (i.e. descending to set), so he said: The lifespan of your Ummah in comparison to the lifespan of the previous nations is not except like that which remains of the rest of this day in comparison to that which has past of it."

Upon the authority of Ibn Mas'ood – Radhiyallaahu anhu – who said the Messenger of Allaah – Sallallaahu Alaihi Was Sallam - said: Indeed Allah has made the lifespan of the dunya short, and that which remains of it, is a small portion of something short. The example of that which remains of it is like a small pond that has had the best of its water consumed and nothing remains of it but muddy dregs.
    Source: Click on the headline or here for the full article and details.
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.