Lightbulb Virtue of the saying "La Hawla wala Quwata illa billaah," and some Forgotten Sunan regarding this Statement of the two Khaleels

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Virtue of the saying "La Hawla wala Quwata illa billaah," and some Forgotten Sunan regarding this Statement of the two Khaleels - Ibraheem and Muhammad ('alayhimu salaatu wa salaam)

Excerpts:

Indeed when the Messenger went upon the night journey he met the father of the prophets and messengers, Ibraaheem, who commanded him to convey some advice to his Ummah:

Upon the authority of Ibn Mas'ood – Radhiyallaahu Anhu – from the Messenger who said: "When it was the night that I went upon the night journey, I met Ibraaheem in the seventh heaven - who said to me: "Oh Muhammad! Convey my salaams to your Ummah, and inform them that the soil of Jannah is good and its water is sweet and fresh and it is Qee'aan (i.e. a beautiful open plain, perfect for cultivating) and that it is cultivated with: 'Subhaanallaah' and 'Al Hamdullillah' and 'Laa illaaha illallaah' and 'Laa Hawla Wa Laa Quwwata Ilaa Billah.'
    (Collected by At Tabaraani in ’Al Mu’jam al Kabeer’ and declared ‘Hasan’ by Shaikh Al Al baani in Saheehul Jaami’)
    Upon the authority of Abu Hurairah – Radhiyallaahu anhu – who said: "We were walking with the Messenger of Allaah – Sallallaahu ‘Alaihi Was Salam – in a garden in Madina when he said: “Oh Abaa Hurairah” so I responded, "I am here at your service Oh Messenger of Allaah! So he said: "Indeed those who indulge much (in the life of this world) they will have the least (on the day of Judgement) except one that who does like this and this with his wealth," and he gestured with his hand to the left and the right (ie that he gives his wealth to the left and to the right) "and they indeed are few," then he said: "Oh Abaa Hurairah Should I not indicate to you a treasure from the treasures of Jannah?” So i said: "Certainly Oh Messenger of Allaah!" He said: "You should say: 'Laa Hawla Wa Laa Quwwata ilaa Billah wa Laa Malja’a wa laa manjaa illaa ilaihi' (There is no ability to turn from disobediance nor power to carry out acts of obedience except with Allaah. And there is no one protection from evil is sought from, nor one that grants salvation except him).

Then he said, "Oh Abaa Hurairah! Do you know what the right of Allaah upon his servants is and his servants right upon Allaah?" So I said: "Allaah and his Messenger know best." He said: "The right of Allaah upon his servant is that they worship him and do not ascribe partners with him, and the servants right upon Allaah is that he will not punish one who does not acsribe partners with him."

(Collected by Al Haakim in his Mustadrak, and declared 'Saheeh' by Shaikh Al Albaani in Saheeh Targheeb 3261 and As Saheehah: 1766)

Laa Malja'a: There is no Malja'a (lit: Something that one seeks protection in or resorts to)
    Laa Manjaa: There is no Manjaa: (lit: one that grants salvation and security)

Source: Click on the headline or here.

The homepage for this excellent and highly beneficial site is http://ah-sp.com/ Maa sha` Allaah. May Allaah preserve our scholars and their students. Ameen.

Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.