Lightbulb Guidance For The Youth Of The Ummah, by Shaikh Saaleh Al-Fawzaan (hafidha-hullaah)

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Guidance For The Youth Of The Ummah, by Shaikh Saaleh Al-Fawzaan (hafidha-hullaah)

A few excerpts from this highly beneficial scholarly Naseeha concerning the youth:

"The youth of the nation are the foundation of humanity upon which the nation is made to stand firm; and the young men are the successive generation to shoulder the responsibilities after their fathers. They possess bodily strength and are thoughtful, and they possess new talent not possessed by the elders. The elders possess wisdom and experience and the youth possess strength and vigour. Therefore, if the youth and the elders co-operate for the advancement of the nation, a lot of good will result from that.

On the other hand, if the youth disassociate from their fathers and elders, the devils amongst mankind and jinn will come in between them and their affairs; so, the youth will naturally drift away, the end result of which is detrimental to the nation. Hence, for this reason the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) attached importance in commanding the youth. He (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said to his uncle's son 'Abdullaah Ibn Abbaas (radiyallaahu 'anhu), whilst he was a young man:

O young man, I shall teach you some words (of advice). Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask Allaah (Alone). If you seek help, seek help from Allaah (alone). Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with something, they would not benefit with anything except that which Allaah has already recorded for you. If they gather to harm you by something, they would not be able to harm you by anything except what Allaah has already recorded against you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. (Recorded by Tirmidhee who said it is a Hasan saheeh hadith)

These (above) words are a path for the youth to traverse upon, because an advice given to one of (them) is advice for all. This advice comprises guidance for the youth with respect to their creed, behaviour, manners, reliance upon Allaah and belief in pre-decree. It is a tremendous and comprehensive advice."
    "And he (salallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) said: Amongst the seven whom Allaah will protect with His Shade on the day when there would be no shade but His Shade, is a young man who grew up in the worship of Allaah.

If he (i.e. the young man) grew up in the worship of Allaah, and was not overtaken by youthful excitement and the whims that lead the youth towards sin, rather he overcame that through obedience to Allaah, he will receive this honour on the day of judgement. Allaah will provide him with shade on that day of severe heat when the sun will be brought close. (On the) day when the people are drenched in sweat, Allaah will provide a group of people amongst mankind with Shade and included amongst them will be young man who grew up in the worship of Allaah."

"Therefore, we cannot seek uprightness for the children, whilst we neglect them; rather we carry out the means that will lead them to uprightness. As for seeking uprightness for them without carrying out the means, then this would be a loss. "Whoever sought an elevated station without hard work, then he would have already wasted a life span in seeking the impossible." The means must be carried out if you want your young men to be nurtured upon goodness and uprightness. Show concern for them and exercise patience upon that which may come your way of exhaustion with regards to their affairs, for indeed this is carried in striving in the path of Allaah. Allaah (The Most High) said: And enjoin (the prayer) on your family and be patient in offering them (i.e. the prayers). (Ta-Ha, ayah 132)

Patience must be exercised. It would be far-fetched to desire that one's son should become upright when one is complacent. One must exercise patience, hope for Allaah's reward and have a righteous intention. If you carry out the upright means, then indeed Allaah does not cause to go lost the reward of the doer of good. Allaah (The Most High) said: And those who believe and whose offspring follow them in Eemaan: to them shall We join their offspring, and We shall not decrease the reward of their deeds in anything. Every person is a pledge for that which he has earned. (At-Toor, ayah 21)

Allaah will unite the children with their fathers in Paradise, because their fathers brought them up upon Eemaan, obedience (to Allaah), worship (of Allaah) and goodness; so they followed and traversed their (fathers') path. And on the Day of Judgement when they and their fathers enter Paradise, and the children take their places in Paradise and their fathers take a higher place, Allaah will bestow His grace upon the fathers by raising their children (to that higher station). And if the fathers are in a (particular) station and the children in a higher one, Allaah will bestow His grace upon the fathers and unite them with their children in Paradise as a source of happiness for them."
    Other excellent topics include: the rights of Allaah upon His slaves, the rights of the slaves upon Allaah, teaching the children is from the Sunnah, the importance of righteous upbringing and its virtues, choosing a good name for the child and the importance of the 'aqeeqah, command the children to pray when they are seven, scholarly advice to the children on seeking knowledge, who to seek it from, whom not to seek it from - a warning against the callers to misguidance who look to prey on the youth - the correct methodology, the difference between the scholar and the worshipper, and the danger of turning away.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Source: Click on the headline or here.
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.

Advice to The Youth

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Advice to The Youth ------> http://www.youtube.com/SalafyInk#p/a/u/0/4HuiriBgAVo
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.