A Supplication To Be said At Times of Distress

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

A Supplication To Be said At Times of Distress

Excerpt:

Al-Imaam Al-Bukhaaree - rahimahullaah - said in his "Saheeh‟ [The Book of Supplications: Chapter (27): Supplication at times of distress (no. 6346)]: Musaddad narrated to us: Yahyaa narrated to us: from Hishaam ibn Abee 'Abdillaah: from Qataadah: from Abul 'Aaliyah: from Ibn 'Abbaas that Allaah's Messenger - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - used to say at times of distress:

None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, the Tremendous One, the Forebearing. None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, the Lord of the tremendous Throne. None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, the Lord of the heavens, and the Lord of the earth, and the Lord of the honourable Throne.

[Also reported by Muslim (no. 2730), at-Tirmidhee (no. 3435), and Ibn Maajah (no. 3883)].

An-Nawawee said in his explanation of Saheeh Muslim: "It is a tremendous hadeeth. Careful attention should be given to it, and it should be said plentifully at times of distress, and when serious affairs occur."

At-Tabaree said: "The Salaf used to supplicate with it, and they called it 'The Supplication of distress' (Du`aa·ul-Karb)."

For more, click on the headline or here.
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.