Virtue of 1st Days of Dhul Hijjah, by Abu Talha Dawood Burbank (rahimahullaah)

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Virtue of 1st Days of Dhul Hijjah, by Abu Talha Dawood Burbank (rahimahullaah) ------> http://mtws.posterous.com/virtue-of-...h-by-abu-talha

Excerpts:

Ibn Taymeeyah (rahimahullaah) said: "With regards to the day time, the first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah are the best, but with reagrds to the night time, we say the last ten nights of Ramadaan are more excellent." And the reason for that is the presence in those last ten nights of Ramadaan of al-Laylut-Qadr, and the excellence attached to that.
    Ibn Rajab (rahimahullaah)said: "...The mere fact that Laylut-Qadr is found in the last ten nights of Ramadaan is not sufficient to say that all of the last ten [nights of Ramadaan] have more excellence."
    Al-Hafidh ibnu Hajar (rahimahullaah) said: "From what is apparent is that the reason for the preferred excellence of the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah is on account of the fact that the major fundamental acts of worship gather together in it. And they are: the prayer and fasting and giving in charity and performing hajj. And this cannot happen in any other time." ...

And when asked if this only covers the person making hajj, Ibn Hajar said: "There's a possibility either way."
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.