Threaded View

Assalaamu-alaikum,

Barakallahu feek Abu Khadeejah. Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon - to Allah we belong and to Him we shall return. Verily we are saddened with grief at the demise of one of the flag bearers of this blessed dawah. May Allah tabarak wa ta'ala grant Abu Talhah (Rahimahullah) & his wife (RahimahAllah) positions amongst the highest in Jannah and make their trials in the grave a breeze. I remember meeting Abu Talhah when he came down to East london to translate for Shaikh Falah during a duroos back in 2005 or so (I can't recall the year exactly but it was around that time period) and it was the first time I had met him. Masha-Allah what a beautiful brother - humble, soft spoken, very noble & well mannered.

I had come onto the Salafi dawah back in 2003-2004 and the 'The Three Fundamental Principles' by Shaikh Uthaymeen (Rahimhullah) & 'The Explanation of the Creed' by Imam Barbahari (Rahimahullah) were amongst the first books I had read. Then I went on to read other books by him & I said to a brother that I'd like to meet this brother who translated these books as he's done so many. And SubhanAllah, I met him at the duroos as stated above.

I met him again couple of years ago at the Birmingham conference, and I remember seeing him at the door just before you enter the salah room. I called him & he smiled at which point I hugged him, had a little chat and i introduced a brother who was with me to Abu Talhah. Even the brother with me spoke highly of Abu Talhah even though he had just met him, which shows the effect Abu Talhah had on people due to his character.

May Allah make all of us a shining example & be amongst those who strive to raise the banner of Salafiyyah just the way Abu Talhah & Abu Uwais (Rahimahumullah) did.

Wassalaamu-Alalikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu.
    Ibn Umar (RA) said: "Every innovation is misguidance, even if the people see it as something good." Reported by Abu Shaamah (no. 39)

Imam Sufyaan ath-Thawree (R) said:"Innovation is more beloved to Iblees than sin, since a sin may be repented from."