Threaded View

Lightbulb

As-Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu.

I recall being present in a sitting with a number of brothers in the house of Abu Aqeelah Mustafah Nesbeth. It was conveyed to us (words to the affect) by either Abu Sufyaan Abdul-Kareem McDowell or Abu Junaide Yusuf Bowers who were both present,
    "That Abu Talha Raheemahullaah used to send correspondence from Madeenah University regarding the term 'Ad-Dawatus-Salafiyyah'." Also, " That it was a term that was not known at that time in the UK...."
    No doubt he (Raheemahullah) has a portion of the propagation and dissemination of Ad-D'awatus-Salafiyyah here in the UK.

Some of the characteristics of Abu Talha (Raheemahullaah) I have witnessed:
    • His head was always covered
    • He always wore white
    • He would walk over 4 miles every Friday to attend the Khutbatul-Jumu'ah
    • I never heard ANY foul speech from him
    • My character would alter for the better whilst in his pressence
    • He would always bring a smile to my face when he met me
    • He lived in the centre of a notorious gangland area and to my knowledge has never been adversely troubled
    • I never witnessed him to look down upon the those subordinate to him
    • He was a simple brother

And there are maybe more of which I have not witnessed that has maybe been witnessed by others...

We ask Allaah that his (Raheemahullaah) and his wife (Raheemahallaah) time in the grave is a time of which is spacious and not too constricting... I hope that the people who have benefited from them both are supplicating for them both!

Ad-D'awatus-Salafiyyah still continues...
    When a man knows his ownself, speech of the people is of no benefit to him!