Post Ibn 'Uthaymîn on Working with other Islamic Groups to Confront False Ideologies like Secularism

Ibn 'Uthaymîn on Working with other Islamic Groups to Confront False Ideologies like Secularism

I believe this is a very important fatwa from one of the Imams of this era, especially in light of what many false claimants to Ibn Uthaymîn's da'wah claim!

- Owais Al-Hâshimî

Shaykh Muhammad b. Sâlih Al-'Uthaymîn – Allâh have mercy on him – was asked:

Is it wise to work with the Islamic groups and parties that confront secularism, communism and other destructive ideologies, or is it wise to leave all these groups and to leave political activism altogether?

He replied:

Wisdom with regards to these groups and parties is for us to do what the Righteous Predecessors (Al-Salaf Al-Sâlih) did by following the correct path ourselves first, then to rectify others. This is sufficient to repel the enemies [of Islâm]. Working with other deviated sects that attribute themselves to Islâm may do nothing but increase the enemies' harshness, because they will attribute to us deviant heresies (bida'); and they will say: 'You hold such and such [deviant ideas].' Because we will appear to them to be a single group!! Thus harm will come to us through the unity that brings together Bid'ah and the Sunnah. Rather we [must] avoid all this and call [to Islâm] from one single way: the way of the Righteous Salaf, and it is the most sufficient way.

This idea that says we should all unite – Ahl Al-Sunnah and Ahl Al-Bid'ah – to confront the enemies; this view is just the same as those who say: [let us] compile the weak ahâdîth that encourage people to do good deeds, and [let us] compile the weak ahâdîth that discourage and warn others against sin in order to encourage people to obey [Allâh] and discourage people from disobeying [Him]. This is wrong!

Hence, we do not believe in quoting weak hadîth: neither to encourage [good deeds] nor to discourage [sinning]. We do not believe in quoting them at all, except doing so while explaining their weakness, because the authentic ahâdîth are well and sufficient. Likewise, the way of the Righteous Salaf, clear of the taints of bida' is well and sufficient.

Translated by Abű 'Abdillâh Owais Al-Hâshimî

Audio source (Arabic): http://www.4shared.com/file/_nEdQINH..._________.html

If the file is no longer available at the link above, please let me know and I will upload it in sha Allah.

Here is the power point video clip version with the audio and translation synced.

Abu ZubaydahYusuf al Amriki

http://maktabah-alfawaaid.blogspot.com/

email contact:
    emreekeesalafee@yahoo.com

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Shaikh Fawzaan: Not Permissible for Salafee to teach/lecture at Masaajid that also allow Deviants, Innovators to teach/lecture!

Question: We have some masajid in Britain that bring a person who is upon the methodology of the Sunnah in order that he may teach or lecture people about Tawheed. Then on the following day, they will bring a Sufi or Ash’ari who will teach the people Sufi or Ash’ari ['aqeedah]. Is it permissible for this Sunni caller to teach in such a masjid?

Shaikh Saalih ibn Fawzaan al-Fawzaan (hafidhahullaah) said: "No. If they [the masaajid] mix between him [the Sunni] and an innovator or a deviant, it is not permissible for him [to teach there]. This is because they are using him as a disguise. They are using him as a disguise. They say [to the people], ‘We teach Tawheed, and we listen to lectures in Tawheed!’

This is not correct, since this is mixing the truth and falsehood.

[The Sunni] should place a condition on them and say, ‘I will teach or deliver lectures for you on a condition that you do Not bring individuals whom are in opposition to that which I say [teach] to you and call you to."

Source: http://video.dusunnah.com/innovation...ih-al-fawzaan/
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.