How the Salaf Behaved when Ramadaan was approaching and when it left

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma ba'd

A Successful Ramadaan, by Shaykh 'Allaamah Saalih al-Fawzaan (hafidhahullaah)

Excerpt:

How the Salaf Behaved when Ramadaan was approaching and when it left

They used to seek the forgiveness of Allaah and repent, so much so that it was reported that they would supplicate to Allaah for six months that He would allow them to reach Ramadaan. If He allowed them to reach Ramadaan, they would fast, pray at night and supplicate for the next six months that He accepts the month of Ramadaan from them.

Related Link: http://www.al-athariyyah.com/media/p..._ramadhaan.pdf [An Explanation of the Things Legislated at the End of Ramadaan, by Shaykh al-Fawzaan]

Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.