Verily There is Barakah in Sahoor, by Shaikh al-'Uthaimeen

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Verily There is Barakah in Sahoor, by Shaikh al-'Uthaimeen

Question: The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: Take a meal (just) before dawn, for verily there is Barakah (a blessing) in the Sahoor (the pre-dawn meal). [Agreed upon] What is intended by there is Barakah (a blessing) in the Sahoor?

Answer: What's intended by there is Barakah (a blessing) in the Sahoor* is: Barakah Shar'ee (legislated blessings) and Barakah Badaneeyah (Blessings in the Body). As for the Barakah Shar'ee (Legislated Blessings), then that is being in compliance with what the Messenger (sallAllaahu alaihi wa sallam) has instructed and following Him (sallAllaahu alaihi wa sallam). And as far as the Barakah Badaneeyah (Blessings in the Body), that is the nourishment of the body and giving it strength while fasting.

1: Sahoor is the pre-dawn meal itself (i.e. the food that is eaten) whereas Suhoor is the act of taking the predawn meal. [see: Ta'seesul Ahkaam by Al 'Allaamah Ahmad Bin Yahyaa An Najmee

(rahimahullah) pg: 217]

Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.