Threaded View

Pearls from the Predecessors Min Durar Al-Salaf

As our beloved messenger Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam would mention in khutbah al haajah "The best of speech is the speech of Allah and the best guidance is that of Muhammad sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam". This is known to the people of the sunnah and it is in fact that which distinguishes them from those who have deviated. And thus we find that the pure spring of revelation has been given the utmost concern by the scholars and common people amongst the people of the sunnah the ghurabaa. To the extent that their speech and action is infused and perfumed with the wisdom that emenates from revalation as the noble scholar Abu 'Uthmaan Al-Naysaabooree stated

وقال أبو عثمان النيسابوري: (من أمر السنة على نفسه قولاً وفعلاً نطق بالحكمة، ومن أمر الهوى على نفسه قولاً وفعلاً نطق بالبدعة؛ لأن الله تعالى يقول في كلامه : وَإِن تُطِيعُوهُ تَهْتَدُوا [ النــور: 54])

"whoever has put the Sunnah in a position of authority over his own self in statement and action will utter wisdom, and whoever has put desires in authority over himself in statement and action will utter innovation; as Allaah has stated in his eternal speech {...And if you obey Him you will be guided}"

So here presented to my brothers and sisters in Islaam who Love the Sunnah and its people are statements from those scholars who due to their knowledge and love of the Sunnah have uttered gems that eminate from the meanings found in the Qur'aan and Sunnah.

I encourage anyone who wishes to participate to join in in collecting these pearls here in an attempt to busy our time with that which will benefit us in this life and the next.

p.s. In that my spelling and style are anything but flawless I would appreciate anyone who is knowledgable of proper English grammar and style to correct any of my mistakes