Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Who from the Scholars and Du’aat Are Supporting this Treachery and Corruption in Toronto?

Over the past few months, a group of people claiming to be supported by Shaykh Waseeullaah ‘Abbaas and some of those associated with madeenah.com have attempted – using secrecy, dissimulation, great deception and treachery – to undermine the da’wah at TROID, to overtake the masjid and all of its resources. They have employed every type of deceptive and treacherous behaviour to seek their goal. They have sought to freeze bank accounts, assets and spread lies and misnomers far and wide to destroy the foundation of salafee da’wah in Canada. An example of their attempts is below. Two of the individuals they incorporated, are from those who left us in the 1990’s. Take a look below and notice their letter to our bank and contrast that with their resignation letters from 14 years ago. These liars also lied to government ministries and the Muslims locally, misleading them and employing every level of evil to seek destruction. In seeking to wrestle control away from the current administration (and no doubt put it in the hands of those associated with madeenah.com) they utilized these two liars to falsify information, a criminal offence (legal issues are pending against them).

The two individuals:
    1. Micheal (Mikeal) Wilson
    2. Vernon (Khalil) Brown

So they delivered a letter to the bank (claiming to be "the board") after seeking to change organizational documents (with a government ministry) on the pretense that they were part of an organization that they indeed left, almost a decade and half ago. Contrast their letter to the bank with their resignation letters below!

Letter to bank (dated July 14th 2011) claiming to be 'the board':

Resignation Letters for these two liars from 1997 (14 years ago!) - Outright lies!

The third name on this letter is Said Ali. This individual likewise left the organisation in the 90's, leaving the Islamic scene entirely only to resurface recently with his own masjid. So he likewise claimed to be a rep. of the board. Yet, he has his own masjid. This is clear fraud and deception. Further who does he invite? The likes of Said Regeah of the al-Maghrib Institute (Yasir Qadhee's group), the same al-Maghrib Institute that had its founder praise Anwar al-Awlaki. He also invites the likes of Ahmad Shehab (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Darul-...134797?sk=info) He has posted his picture profile on-line here:http://www.paltalk.com/people/users/...se.wmt?photo=5

So this is just one example of many about a people who lie and cooperate with the hizbiyyeen - claiming not only to be upon salafiyyah but to be the 'real TROID'! It is a tangled web of lies and deception which we will elaborate on in detail - a planned scheme to bring down the da'wah that TROID has been propogating and replace it with themselves, power hungry individuals who claim to have support from Shaykh Wasiullah and are being supported by those aligned with Madeenah.Com. They would like to see the da'wah of clarity replaced with a da'wah of leniency with ahlul-bid'ah wal-hizbiyyah.

More to follow insha'Allaah...

Masjid al-Furqaan closed for a Period (due to these harms):

What indicates the lowliness to which these people have stooped is that they sought to cut off the financial streams that support the beloved masjid. A reckless disregard and clear indication of giving themselves and their agenda priority (over the public interest) and paying no regard whatsoever for the potential disruption caused to the worshippers at the mosque in the short or long term. As a result of their actions of paper fraud and deception, Masjid al-Furqan was closed for some days (July 20th -24th). Historically, this masjid, walhamdulillaah, has been 100% debt-free, but is now facing the prospect of surmounting bills (for utility bills etc.), and may even have interest charged as a penalty for late / non-payment. As this group has been involved in paper fraud and deception to freeze the accounts through which the masjid operates, payments are no longer possible.

We ask Allaah to protect the Muslims and worshippers at Masjid al-Furqan against the evil designs and consequences of the actions of this small band of mischief-makers.

Attempts to Confiscate Publications and other Assets by Some of the Liars Above

These individuals (Said Ali, Aron (Harun) Cole and Michael (Mikael) Wilson) claimed leadership and ownership for themselves on July 26th (just one day, less than 24hrs, after Shaykh Muhammad Ramzaan left - and he had warned them to cease in their behaviour). They came to Masjid Furqaan (TROID) and demanded that the book publications and other items in the masjid be given to them! Keep in mind, not one of these individuals had any involvement in these publications, running the masjid or any administrative role whatsoever, and are people who have blatanly lied about their involvement in this masjid, made fraudulent claims and falsely represented the community, so much so, members of the local community for the most part, may read this and say "Who on earth is Said Ali, Harun Cole and Mikeal Wilson and what do they have to do with Masjid Furqaan?"

Due to their fitnah and strife and all the other things that occurred before, the police were called to prevent them from further harm (as it seemed they had gathered in the masjid to attempt something very brazen). They were requested to leave the masjid by the police. During these proceedings, they claimed to the police that the contents of the masjid and centre belong to them, everything, from the books to the carpet! These are people who have had no role in establishing this masjid and islamic centre - and suddenly, they are claiming it for themselves!! These are items that were built up by the organisation to support the masjid, items in some cases donated by the community which they now wish to claim as theirs - amazing indeed! These are some of the conversations that expired:

Said Ali (who has his own masjid and invites al-Maghrib Institute speakers) said to the Police officer: “We want what belongs to us,” “We want the books, the clothing, even the carpets,” “We have been paying the rent, look at the cheques and you will see our name.”

The reality is, he doesn’t even know how much the rent is! He never signed a cheque for this masjid ever. He may have prayed in that masjid a handful of times in seven years, not visiting it sometimes for maybe a year! He, Said Ali, continued, “I have a paper, showing that I am the president.” This man all of a sudden is claiming to be the custodian of Masjid Furqaan/TROID! He then attempted to show the Police, but the Police officer responded, “Sir this is not a court. Ahmad (TROID) is the legal owner (leaseholder) of this place, you will have to go to court to prove anything."

Intelligently, the police officer then asked,Do you have an invoice for the books (TROID Publications)?” Said Ali, “No.” Ahmad Assing interjected, “Of course Officer, he does not have an invoice as he never bought any books, he does not even know what (the names of the) books are.” When all of their requests were denied, Said Ali eventually asked (our exclamations), “Officer, can I take inventory of the stuff in case they steal it [!!!!] or give it away [!!!].” The police officer said, “You have to ask Ahmad for permission” Ahmad responded, “Officer I want them out of the masjid.” Said Ali also said to the Police Officer, "I want you to put a lock on the door. close the building down, at least until we get our stuff" - here we see that Said Ali had no problems to try and shut down the masjid, for his own purposes. Yet they claimed they wanted only good for the community! After some back and forth squabbling, they left the masjid without “their property.”

They were then warned by the police to leave and that they may face trespassing charges if they return. We certainly have no problem with any Muslim who wishes to worship in the mosque and intends no harm to the people, or to the masjid and center. These are the people, (dear community members) who claim to be the custodians of the masjid, the da'wah centre - and this is the lying and treachery the employ and the harm they are causing. All the while, they are claiming and alleging, that they have support from Shaykh Waseeullah 'Abbaas in their attempts to wrestle control over the center and masjid, and Allaah knows best about the reality of the matter.

Those Who they Lied Upon and had their Names listed in Support of this Evil, and Their Accounts

In order to add strength to their vile agenda, they added names of brothers to a list of supporters, unknowingly, without their consent claiming they were with them! This was a ploy to show overwhelming support for their scheme, hoping it would snowball into an avalanche of majority opinion (i.e. if so and so is respected and he agrees to this, it must be the right thing!). Naturally, this infuriated those lied upon! Here are there accounts:

Ilyas Abu Asiya:

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:15:32 -0400
    To: <info@troid.org>
    Subject: RE: Mail with GoodReader attachments

BaarakAllaahu feek akhi. Hamdi did call me and fill me in and I was not aware of anything like this until Hamdi called me a few days ago and told me a few people who are behind it and some of the attempts they made at overthrowing the current admin at Troid. Not one single person contacted me regarding this pitiful petition and whoever added my name to that petition is a liar. I did not consent to anything nor do I even know what it contains.

May Allaah not give success to whoever is behind this and added my name to that petition. Ameen.
    Muhammad Elmi:

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 20:09:05 -0400

I Muhammad Elmi had my name falsely added to the "list" without being told, or having my permission sought. They told me that my name has been removed from the latest document of theirs, but names of brothers or were never part of "the movement" are still on the list, along with a brother who originally was part of it and sent them his testimony but later freed himself.
    Husayn El Sharif (it was narrated to us by our respected teacher, Abul-‘Abbaas Moosaa that he (Husayn) was noted on a document/list he had observed)

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 19:46:11 -0400
    Cc: Moosaa Richardson, Moosaa
    Subject: Regarding the circulating document

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

I was informed that there is a document with a list of grievances against specific members of the administration at Masjid Furqan/Troid.org, and that this document has my name, Husayn El Sharif, written on it as if I approve of the document and its grievances.

I want to make it absolutely clear that I never approved of my name appearing on that document. I never received the document. And therefore, I never read it. And I did not give approval for anyone to put my name on it.

Rather in early June, I was approached about this document/petition, and I clearly declined to get involved in the petition as I live in Florida and don't intend on being in Canada anytime in the near future. Furthermore I believe that the affair of real or perceived grievances would be sufficiently addressed by our respected 'ulemaa and du'aat of Salafiyyah inshaa-Allaah.

Baarakallaahu feekum,

Husayn El Sharif
    Lake Worth, Florida USA
    Mustafa Nigiri, volunteer and shoorah member at TROID

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:10:26 -0300

As Salaamu alayka warahamtulaahi

Bismiallahi wassalaatu wa sallam alaa rasoolilaahi amaa ba'ad

My name is Mustafa Thomas, since i've come to the masjid in 2007 i've known and seen good from our brothers Ahmed and Umar, they've always tried to involve the youth in projects around the centre and community, including myself personally. They Ahmed and Umar are from the foremost who also propagate ad Dawatul Salaafiayyah clarifying matters of manhaj and aqeedah to the people.

...At this point i like to mention that i have been lied against and till today July 5th 2011 some spead lies that i support their evil to brothers in ottawa and i wish to clarify that i am free from and wish to be far removed from the likes of the people who would do such acts.

I have been wronged and ask Allaah to give to these individuals what they deserve, Ameen !

jazakaAllaahu khyran

Subhaanaka wabihamdika ash shaduu alaa ilaha illaa ant wa astaghfiruka wa atuubu ilayk.

Lying on the Students of Knowledge (Dawud Adib and Moosaa Richardson) Claiming they Support this Movement

It became apparent that numerous members of the community had been contacted to try and gain support for this movement. If they didn’t support it with their own opinions, they were given the opinions of others, mix matching various quotes, some rumors, some lies, some true (but out of context) and a general persuasion of ‘consensus’ to sway the one approached. It was quick and daring and it was hoped to spiral into a frenzy as quickly as possible. To conjure up extra strength to the claims, it was claimed that Dawud Adib and Moosaa Richardson support the petition.

Account 1: Mustafa Nigeri (shoorah member)

On Thursday 23rd June 2011, our noble brother Mustafa Nigeri recounted a conversation that Aron (Harun) Cole (the local ringleader) had with him:

"Don't let Ahmad (Assing) tell you anything other than it, Dawud Adib said he is with us"
    This is the account of Mustafa Nigeri, will he be labeled a liar too? Upon hearing this account, We immediately contacted our beloved elder, Abu Dihyah Dawud Adib, to which he responded:

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 20:47:51 -0400
    Subject: Re: Regarding the circulating document

I swear by the One who splits the date-stone, the One who suspends the Sun in the sky without any visible supports, the Lord of the Noble Ka'bah that what Haroon Cole has said is inaccurate, false and absolutely not true!
    Account 2: Mustafa Nigeri/Muhamad Elmi (shoorah members)

On Friday, 24th June 2011, after Ishaa, outside the masjid, Yerbol Kerimov (signee and member of this group) stated in the witness of both Mustafa Nigeri and Muhammad Elmi, “Dawud Adib and Moosaa Richardson are with us.” This is the account of Mustafa Nigeri and Muhamamd Elmi, will they be labeled liars also? This caused more confusion, so we contacted Abu Dihyah Dawud Adib again, to which he responded:

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 14:04:59 -0700
    Subject: Re: the latest

Also in corresponding with our teacher, Abul-‘Abbaas Moosaa Richardson, it was clear that he did not agree with their agenda and on the contrary, warned them to stop the fitnah they are causing and destruction to the community. Look at the claims in these accounts and the definitive response of Abu Dihyah Dawud Adib. Allaahul-Musta’aan – a cycle of lies, deceit and treachery. It was not enough to lie on brothers in our community, they also lied upon the Students of Knowledge to create a "shock and awe" response in the community that would make everyone else fall in to line out of fear that there is consensus regarding their overthrow attempt - a carefully plotted scheme. They cared little for the advice of these students of knowledge, dumping them when they didn't get their support.

Which Scholar of Student of Knowledge would allegedly support this type of lying and treachery?

All the above facts leave no doubt this is an evil plot motivated by lust for leadership and intent to harm the da'wah, because even if they had genuine grievances or claims that we have fallen into error and they were sincere in wanting correction and rectification and good for the da'wah, they would not be resorting to paper fraud, deception and dissimulation and plain thuggery as well as blatantly disregarding the advice of Shaykh Muhammad Ramzan whom they sat with when he was over here.

Attempts to Gain Keys, Alarm Codes and Computer Access at the Masjid/TROID (unlawfully)

Before the paper fraud attempts to strong-arm TROID, there were actual attempts to use brute-force to gain control of the masjid. There were attempts to gain keys, alarm code access and computer password access! Our brother Mustafa Nigiri (shoorah member and a key holder for the masjid) recounts his conversation with two central characters in this evil operation, the local ring-leader (and self-proclaimed President of TROID) Aron (Harun) Cole and Dirie (Hamza) Beyle:

Conversation:

Harun Cole: “why were you given a key”

Mustafa Nigiri: “to open up for fajr”

Harun Cole: “I'm going to need the key from you”

Mustafa Nigiri (shocked): “I’m not going to be around the area”

Harun Cole: “Where are you now”

Harun Cole: “Hamza (Beyle) lives around there”

Harun Cole: “I’ll call you back”
    After this, Hamza as-Sumaalee, one of the signees of this petition called Mustafa.

Hamza as-Sumaalee: “where are you, can we meet up, you know what, I am going to need the access code to get in the masjid”

Mustafa Nigirii: “what happen to your access code”

Hamza as-Sumaalee: “It was removed”

Mustafa Nigiri: “I’m not giving you mine”
    A few days later Harun Cole (local ringleader) called Mustafa again:

Harun Cole: “I’m going to need the password for the computer at the back, sometime in the night time, when Ahmad (Assing) is not there, Hamza is going to go in and back up files”

Mustafa Nigiri: “I can’t give it to you, it was an amaanah given to me from ‘Umar”
    This is the account of the noble brother Mustafa, a shoorah member and key-holder. He was shocked by the brazen nature of Cole, Beyle and his associates. It did not seem to cross their minds that this is a criminal offence, it is not rooted in any goodness or taqwaa and Allaah’s refuge is sought. Had the assailants entered the building at night, we naturally would have treated this as a criminal offence and taken appropriate measures through the authorities. This instance happened another time also, when a young brother who volunteers at the masjid (just 17 years old) was also asked for building alarm codes, something he reported to the administration of TROID in some distress.

Assalam alikum wa rahmatullah wa baraktuh,

May allah protect TROID and all the salafi brothers/organizations from the hizbees and from the likes of the people mentioned above.
    Abu Husam Mouhanad Samir Al-Ramli
    Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA
    Blog: http://abuhusamassalafi.wordpress.com/

As Salamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullah. Allahul-Musta'an, this is outrageous behaviour. May Allah expose these people and their evil. How can their actions be defended after this? May Allah support you in this time of fitnah and return the affairs to what they were, Ameen.

Attempts to Change the Ownership of the Web Hosting Account for troid.org, islaam.ca, islaam.ae – and to gain control of email accounts and Web Servers

The same evening (as the above banking incident), we noticed that access to our email accounts was not working. Upon seeing this, we sought to log in to our web server (for the abovementioned websites) to check on this issue and found that the password for the webserver didn’t work – it seemed that someone had changed the passwords and locked us out of our webserver and emails! Upon logging in to the customer contact section of our web hosting company, amazingly we found that the ownership of our webserver and the websites above had been changed to Aron (Harun) Cole – the local ringleader for this takeover bid. Here is a screenshot of this fraud:

Note that the address matches TROID but the owner and point of contact had been changed to Aron (Harun) Cole! So they used the same method of paper-fraud (mentioned above) to convince our web host that they are in charge of these websites and rightful owners! This worked for a short time, and they sought to move very quickly.

During this five hour window of time they had control, Harun and those aiding him changed our email account passwords, got access to prersonal email accounts and even sent this sample test email to make sure they were in control! (which we found later in our inbox – when we resolved the issue – perhaps they thought they were victorious and we wouldn’t gain control of the sites/email again!), this is the given email:

Begin forwarded message:
    Date: 16 July, 2011 0:52:15 EDT
    Subject: Test

Naturally, we sought to resolve this issue quickly with our web hosting company. We managed to speak to exactly the same associate that Aron (Harun) Cole had spoken with. He detailed to us the documents that Said Ali and Aron (Harun) Cole had sent him (imagine that – for those who know or had contact with troid.org in the last 10 yrs, do those names mean anything to you as it relates to troid.org?). So he asked me for more updated accounts and proofs of which I was easily able to supply. He then asked me some simple security questions. He (web hosting rep.) asked me “when was the account created?” and “when did you move to a new server?” of which I was able to provide accurate answers off the top of my head. At this point, the web hosting rep. was convinced of the rightful owner and began to open up to me. He said, “These guys, hackers or whoever they are, I asked Aron the same question (i.e. how long has the account active) and he answered ‘a few years’ and he was quite angry with me and I believe you are the rightful owner and we will take steps to secure the situation.”

So this non-Muslim is even alleging that Aron (Harun) Cole lied to him – in this case to gain control of troid.org and the group of troid websites and to access our email accounts (which they did for several hours including personal accounts). The web hosting rep. granted us access to his log of this event for legal purposes which we will be pursuing against the fraudsters and confidence tricksters. Al-Hamdulillaah, the web hosing issue was secured and resolved but not before a bold, ludicrous and simply evil attempt to strongarm them away from their rightful custodians with lies and deception.

Attempts to Change Ownership to the Registration Rights of the Domain “troid.org”

Following the clandestine web hosting overtake attempt, like the clandestine bank account overtake attempt – it occurred to us that the next logical step involving their paper fraud would be to gain control of the registration and ownership of the domain name "troid.org" (for those unfamiliar with websites, there are two aspects, the domain name registration and the web hosting account). Keeping all the technical details to one side, we have possession of the IP address from which this fraud was being attempted, which traces back to a cable account at Rogers. We will be pursuing legal action after tracing the invidual with this information, it is clear that Harun Cole used the services of some other person in this fraud.

One should also note, that a few days before the website overtake bid, our group of sites were hacked, and a few days before that, our web developer's laptop and phone were stolen - we ask Allaah to expose those who did these acts and bring them to justice, ameen. Currently our group of websites is offline and going through some transitions, it should also be noted that any email correspondence from @troid.org or the domain www.troid.org currently is not emanating from us.

This is extremely disturbing news and I'm praying for the community at TROID that the matter is resolved swiftly and that Allah protects them from further harm especially as we're entering into Ramadhaan.

I ask Allah to free our noble and beloved brothers of TROID from these evil and repugnant allegations. The "Protected one is the one Allah protects",so the protection of Allah is sought from those who find it easy to wage war against their Salafiyyah brothers.

Love for Ahlus-Sunnah wa Hadeeth
    Aboo Zaahid Jalil Meekins
    Phila.,P.A.

Using the Ruse of Claiming Financial Mismanagement As A Disguise For Their Takeover Bid

The claim of financial mismanagement is one of the most effective ways to start mobilizing people against those responsible for the running of centers of da'wah with a view to removing them and taking their place. We are sure this has been done in other places against those upon the way of the Salaf who strive to connect people to the Scholars and call to clarity in aqidah and manhaj. Those behind the paper-fraud documented above have acted no differently and have taken this route because it is a very effective method to start casting doubts in the minds of the community.

The reason why this is a very effective method is that in order to counter and rebut all the allegations, the accused have to spend an excruciatingly long time in clarifying the allegations and explaining all the various situations and circumstances surrounding the financial affairs of the running of a mosque and da'wah center and provide facts, details and evidences that prove otherwise and all of this can be complex. By the time they start explaining and clarifying and recounting historical contexts to financial dealings and decisions, the damage has already been done, because screams of "scandal" always attract attention and most people never bother to check the facts. This is how tabloids work to shape public opinion, and this is also how those who lust for power and position also choose to operate.

With Allaah's praise we are aware that those behind this bold attempt have been and are still trying to garner support from the community and elsewhere for their despicable actions. We have anticipated their claims and already have a detailed response for their allegations. The question is to see how bold they will be in trying to spread many more lies and deceptions now that their agenda is out in the open and it has become clear to the people that even if for argument's sake they had a genuine grievance they have definitely lost all credibility and have only exposed the dishonesty, treachery and personal interests that characterize their ringleaders. There is absolutely no defence for what they have been exposed for thus far. Nobody, not even in their dreams, could conjure up a defence for these actions and say that they are in perfect harmony with the Shariah and in perfect harmony with justice, fairness and rectification, even if they waved fatwa after fatwa from whatever Scholar(s) they allege are in support of them and what they are doing.

All we can do in this post is to address just one of their many allegations as an illustrative example. They claimed in of their documents that we have:

No concrete plan to bring an Imaam; all the money is divided back to these two individuals
    This is an example of how they take an issue (bringing an Imaam) which has explanations and reasons, and then employ it as part of others to try to cast aspersions and doubts. Now what is below is part of a much longer and comprehensive response we have made to all their allegations, and some of the things mentioned therein themselves require more background information, so the reader may get a little lost, and this is precisely the point we have made above about the nature of these types of issues. The reader should ignore the details that don't make sense as they are part of a much longer rebuttal and clarification which we shall make available if and when these people decide to be so bold (and stupid) as to spread their lies and allegations further.

1. As for the first part of this statement, “No concrete plan to bring an Imaam…” the writers of this document claimed in another place, that no one else is allowed to be involved (in TROID other than two brothers), that being the case, how could they ever know (one way or the other) about the plan to bring a student of knowledge to Toronto?
    2. Bringing a student of knowledge to Toronto is not a simple task, it requires that someone is willing and capable firstly, and a financial base is required to support him. In the case of a foreigner, it has legal and work visa requirements, in the case of a Canadian, that situation has not presented itself. We have mentioned to the community, and re-iterated many times, that we, wal-hamdulillaah, have established a non-profit store including a publishing wing, something we spawned (by Allaah’s permission) of the printing of our first publication “The Creed of the Four Imaams”, it is something we have invested in to create an outlet to support a student of knowledge, Imam and administrative staff. Our request to the community has consistently been “We have a target of $5000 a month”, from that amount is rent $2550 and other operational expenses/bills and janitorial. We have mentioned many times that if this target can be reached (of which we haven’t been able to get beyond $2500/month consistently) we have the resources and wherewithal (within TROID Publications and TROIDStore) to support a student of knowledge (to the range of about $2500/monthly). We do not want to make any false promises to any potential student of knowledge and then leave him destitute or in need or relocation after six months etc. so until this base of support for the building can be firmly established, we cannot move forward.
    3. The deceptive writers of this document claim that “all the money is divided back to these two individuals” a slanderous claim, without proof and witnesses that could result in their flogging in an Islamic court – but let’s put that aside for a minute – if it is the case that these two brothers only have self-interest at stake, why on earth would they let the school leave when they agreed to pay $2500 (but refused to change the leadership and directive of the school moving forward), $2500 extra in the coffers should be in their self-interest, should it not? Why would they cancel the 2011 Summer Courses with Moosaa Richardson (something that generated $5500 for TROID last year), in favour of a free programme with the noble Shaykh, Muhammad Ramzaan (shouldn’t they keep the money flowing for themselves)? Rather the interests of the da’wah, integrity and uprightness were deemed uppermost.
    4. The question could be asked, “Why not create a salary for a student of knowledge and remove the need for administrative staff, as a priority?” This can be done, however, it would cause a collapse in the very financial infrastructure designed to support that student of knowledge (TROID Publications and TROIDStore) in the first place, or consume that student of knowledge with being a salesman and administrator instead of a teacher and educator (that is, if he is even capable of that). Currently, ceasing the operation or progression of TROIDStore and TROID Publications would causes a collapse in the financial backbone of this local, regional and international da’wah organization (something the founders of this document would salivate at evidently). An organisation that has been free of debt since the inception of the masjid and running smoothly without interruption (although the writers of this document certainly want to interrupt it).
    5. In a normal situation, the community is responsible for all expenses of running a masjid, it is usually 100% donation driven, this is the norm and understood. In such a scenario, the community is responsible for the building, its upkeep, all related expenses and the salary of an Imam and other staff (depending on the size of the masjid and its needs), we have never requested from the community, to provide a salary for a student of knowledge, administrator etc. although it is undeniable that these positions are pivotal to the running of the centre and organization. Our request has always been, and openly stated on the microphone, “help us to reach the target $5000/monthly (basic core expenses of the centre) and we can do the rest” because by Allaah’s grace, we have been able to strive and work hard to establish these financial outlets of support to relieve some of the burden from a hard-working and financially strapped community in a inner-city, poverty stricken neighbourhood, as our noble brother Abul-‘Abaas pointed out in a recent posting he made on Salafitalk.net.
    6. As our elder brother, Abul-‘Abbaas is a witness, we have sought to create a plan to host a student of knowledge for the last few years, something we have had detailed discussions with him about in the past – and the extreme importance of it in our city.

As for their slander:

“…all the money is divided back to these two individuals
    This is a serious allegation, a bold statement not backed up with a shred of evidence. It is so serious in nature that it is something that we should pursue in a court of law, seeking prosecution of the claimants lest they back up their claim with proofs and witnesses, and if they were to broadcast this publicly, we will seek libel, and in the view of some of the Scholars, where a Shariah right is attainable through the law of the land, it is permissible to pursue and seek to redress that right if no other option is available. There are a couple of observations:

1. In another part of their document, they claim “no new brothers have been allowed to join (TROID),” if this is the case – how then could they ascertain, “all the money is divided back to these two individuals?” Or is it that you are lying?
    2. They also mention, “There is no one to watch over their financial decisions. Ahmad Assing approves Umar’s activities, and Umar approves Ahmad’s.” If there is no one to watch over their financial decisions (other than them) as you claim, again, how do you determine that “all the money is divided back to these two individuals?” or is it that you are lying?

This is an organisation that has paid its bills on-time, month after month for more than seven years, since the masjid opened, the lights on, heating and AC on, no bounced rent cheques, a flawless record, no collection agencies or debters for the community to deal with, and an influx of beautiful programmes and activities (like the Summer Courses with Moosaa Richardson and the Seminar with Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Ramzaan). It took us years to pull out of debt and mismanagement on the part of the Harun Cole and his directive, thousands in debt, an organisation floundering, spinning its wheels. We corrected this affair by Allaah's grace with hard work and kind cooperation from the community. We certainly do not want to return to a day where those who were irresponsible and incapable drowned the organisation in debt and inactivity. Those in the community who have watched the organisation grow, leaps and bounds can attest to the progress of TROID in comparison to the struggles and mismanagement of those who failed to direct the organisation both in terms of financial stability and thabaat (firmness) upon al-manhaj as-salafee. We certainly do not want to see episodes like the one below (from the year 2000) under the watch of some of these individuals who buried the community in years of debt, that set us back almost half a decade before we could pull out of it and open Masjid al-Furqaan (here is an old letter in relation to an outstanding property tax bill):

It was shortly after this notice that the organisation was forced to leave the facility of 1010 Weston Rd. (inability to pay rent/bills + fines and debts) and the organisation was relegated to the back of a cassette store on Dixon Rd., sharing with another tenant, with one computer and around 100 sqft of space to operate in and thousands of dollars in debt to deal with. It took us four or five years to recover from this debt and lack of leadership and structure on the part of Harun Cole (who was mudir). He eventually departed Toronto to establish a business in Jamaica, leaving the organisation in ruins. Now it seems that after years of pursuing business interests and abandoning the da'wah efforts in Toronto, after the ship has been righted and put back on course, they have returned to lay claim to this organisation as their own - after we wiped out their debt and failure. The intelligent person is not fooled.

Jazakum allah khairan for keeping your brothers posted on this issue. We ask allah (subhanah wa tala'a) to safeguard all the salafi organizations.

Tahir Farooq And Shaykh Waseeullaah's Advice To Seize Property

As we mentioned in our previous post Tahir Farooq is responsible for spreading propaganda and lies to the community in order create the cover and justification for the paper and electronic fraud, and aggressive take over bid using lies, deception and treachery. This has included making and spreading baseless allegations of financial misconduct as a means of whipping up sentiments and gaining support for their movement over the months and weeks prior to the planned coup. In this post we analyze this character a little more from his emails (the highlights are ours):

Subject: Re: Notice
    Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 10:17 PM

May Allah preserve you. I don't know if you are aware, we are in close contact with Shaykh Wasiullah and he has (along with other mashayakh) clearly mentioned the permissibility of using Canadian legal system to remove these individuals. Anyways, these guys have initiated this and wide opened this door by calling police on brothers for "trespassing" (a blatant lie, when Said, Mikaal, and Harun wanted to simply talk to Ahmed and there was no indication, intention or action of transgression involved) and threatening others with being charged with "trespassing". You are more than welcome to talk to Shaykh Wasiullah yourself and clarify this confusion. Otherwise its merely an opinion and for obvious reason we can not follow opinions.
    We now have it directly from Tahir Faruq that they (plural, "we are in close contact") with Shaykh Waseeullaah and it is clear that Shaykh Waseeullaah is claimed by them as a Scholar who has justified and sanctioned their actions at the ground level. Actions which the whole world can see (without any doubt whatsoever) from everything which has been mentioned already are illegal, against Ontario law, and involve paper and electronic filing fraud, false witness, attempted theft of assets and they think they are justified in doing so because the end justify the means and the Canadian legal system can be gamed through fraud and deception for the desired ends.

Notice Tahir's statement:

...these guys have initiated this and wide opened this door by calling police on brothers for "trespassing" (a blatant lie, when Said, Mikaal, and Harun wanted to simply talk to Ahmed and there was no indication, intention or action of transgression involved) and threatening others with being charged with "trespassing"...
    Compare this with his statement in another email on the very same day:

Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 5:48 PM

As per the advice of our noble Shaykh Wasiullah Abass to take possession of the property of TROID (books, tapes, etc.), brother Harun, Said and Mikaal (original founders of TROID) notified Toronto Police regarding entering Masjid Furqan to take possession of the property of TROID.
    As we clarified ealier, Harun Cole, has never legally been part of Troid. As for Mikael (Michael Wilson), his resignation letter from the board of Troid is shown in the first post in this thread and that was almost 14 years ago! And as for Said Ali, then read post #17 above. He disappeared off the scene after driving the center into the ground financially and being put to trial in his deen. But notice the discrepancy and the great lie. In the second email Tahir Farooq says that they notified the police about their intention to take possession of the property of TROID. The only reason why you would notify the police is because you anticipate the situation is likely to get ugly and hence you give an up front notice to the police so that if and when they do arrive or are called they understand what is going on and will treat it as a civil matter and not get involved. Therefore, the outcome will be favourable to those who planned to take possession of the property. This shows a clear intent to seize property by force and that was the intention all along. They had a clear plan to confiscate the contents of the building (books, CDs, merchandise and other assets), just like they had attempted to take control over the bank accounts and website(s). It has come to our knowledge that they had a van ready for this purpose on the same day in order to remove the assets and transport them away for storage elsewhere. So look at the blatant lie of Tahir Farooq when he says in the evening of the 27th of July:

...these guys have initiated this and wide opened this door by calling police on brothers for "trespassing" (a blatant lie, when Said, Mikaal, and Harun wanted to simply talk to Ahmed and there was no indication, intention or action of transgression involved) and threatening others with being charged with "trespassing"...
    And yet just hours before, he explained in a group email:

As per the advice of our noble Shaykh Wasiullah Abass to take possession of the property of TROID (books, tapes, etc.), brother Harun, Said and Mikaal (original founders of TROID) notified Toronto Police regarding entering Masjid Furqan to take possession of the property of TROID.
    It looks like Tahir Farooq was trying to cover for the attempted and planned seizure of the property when word got out to others that this is what they had attempted on the 26th July and they received a negative response. So later in the day (in the later email), he tried to put the blame on Ahmad for calling the police! The end result was that the police were called and because the lease is not in any of their names, they were guilty of trespass according to Ontario law, and would also have been guilty of theft if they tried to seize anything (acting as they claim upon the advice of Shaykh Waseeullaah). For that reason the police told them to leave and cautioned them. A huge smack in their faces, and utter humiliation, after they were the first ones to involve the police! Indeed Allaah knows the mischief-maker from the true rectifier! Allaah, the Exalted stated in the Qur'an:

وَاللّهُ يَعْلَمُ الْمُفْسِدَ مِنَ الْمُصْلِحِ

And Allaah knows the mischief-maker from the rectifier (2:220)

And Allaah, the Exalted also said:

إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُصْلِحُ عَمَلَ الْمُفْسِدِينَ

Indeed, Allaah does not cause to prosper, the action of the mischief-makers (10:81)

And Imam at-Tabaree commented on this verse:

Meaning, He does not cause to prosper the act of the one who strove upon the earth with what He dislikes, and who worked disobedience (to Allaah) therein.
    And Imam as-Sa'dee commented on this verse:

And thus is the (case) with every mischief-maker upon the earth who contrived a plot or came with trickery, for his action will be invalidated and will perish, and even if his action achieved some distribution (spreading) for a given time, its eventual destination will be its fading away and annihilation.
    Had they proceeded through the legal system in the correct and ethical way, they still would have failed miserably because they would have had to corroborate all their allegations in court, with evidence, and this would be time-consuming, costly, and there is absolutely no way they would have got anywhere because the truth is not on their side and falsehood and mischief is with them and as for mistakes, then all of us are human, and there are ways and means to rectify things without creating such harm, mischief and corruption. They have not found within us any opposition to the aqidah of the Salaf, or any opposition to the manhaj of the Salaf, so that is a dead end there too. With their knowledge that they would have absolutely no grounds at all from a legal perspective for their fraudulent take-over bid, they, according to their own statements, claim to be justified, supported and guided in this matter by their close contact with Shaykh Waseeullaah and his fatwa(s) to take possession of the bank accounts, websites, and assets, through what they have employed of paper and electronic filing fraud, false witness and forgery.

Walhamdulillaah, they have not succeeded, because Allaah does not support or give fruition to the actions of paper and electronic filing fraud, false-witness (al-qawl az-zoor) deception, treachery, dissimulation, double-facedness, hypocrisy and striving for mischief upon the land. Whilst the community has suffered at the hands of these people, the eventual destination of their action will be annihilation (as explained by Imaam as-Sa'dee), and there is not even any need to say "inshaa'allaah" because the speech of Allaah has guaranteed it's occurrence already, it is a law in Allaah's creation that such actions do not bear fruits.

Tahir Farooq, Shaykh Waseeullaah and the "Other Mashaayikh"

In the email we cited earlier from Tahir Farooq, an instrumental player in this agenda, he alluded to "other Mashayikh" who have apparently advised them. They have already claimed that Shaykh Waseeullaah is their main reference point with whom they are maintaining close contact, as per their own statements:

Subject: Re: Notice
    Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 10:17 PM

May Allah preserve you. I don't know if you are aware, we are in close contact with Shaykh Wasiullah and he has (along with other mashayakh) clearly mentioned the permissibility of using Canadian legal system to remove these individuals.
    In another email Tahir Faruq writes:

Subject: Re: Fwd: reduced names and job description
    Date: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 8:26 PM

...Translation of the exact document that was shown to you has been shown to more than 5 scholars including major scholars...
    Here Tahir Farooq reveals that they have approached other scholars and that a translation of the document they were using has been shown to more than 5 scholars, including major scholars. This raises some questions, and we are assuming that Tahir Farooq is truthful in what he has said, the onus is upon him.

• The first question raised is who are these "more than" 5 scholars. Please name them one by one, and everyone has a right to know who are these "more than" 5 scholars who apparently and allegedly support or sanction your activities. Please mention them and quote their advice or fatwa verbatim if you claim your actions are supported by them. Shaykh Waseeullaah, as per Tahir Faruq's claim, is their main reference point who is allegedly giving them practical advice according to their own statements, but who are these other Scholars who apparently sanction these actions?

• The next question raised is that if there are "more than" 5 scholars, and some of them major scholars, then who is providing tactical and higher level support for this group (Tahir Farooq, Harun Cole and associates) by going to "more than" 5 scholars on their behalf. That takes time and effort as anyone knows when you try to approach Scholars, especially when you have issues like this. It appears there is a wider network of people who are facilitating things for these people on the ground level by approaching scholars on their behalf.

• When these Scholars (if we assume there are "more than" 5 scholars) allegedly permitted "using the Canadian legal system to remove these individuals" did they mean: Employ paper and electronic filing fraud, use false witness (al-qawl az-zoor), attempt to gain access to the building through cunning and deception (by trying to confiscate the keys off those entrusted with them), attempt to steal the assets and so on? Alhamdulillaah, the center and masjid have been running in compliance with all legal requirements and it would not be possible for them to take any legal steps or measures in order to remove anyone. That is why paper fraud, electronic filing fraud, deception and lies have been employed. If the truth was with them and their claims were correct, they would have had enough claims and grounds, with all the evidence, to use normal legal procedures in order to remove those guilty of any wrongdoing. But that is a clear dead end, and they knew that well.

Assuming Tahir Farooq is truthful in this claim, this strongly indicates that there is a wider network of people involved and it is likely that there are people from Yemen and Madeenah (and elsewhere) who have connection to this fitnah in one way or another and are lending support to it within their own respective capacities.

From Claiming Rectification to Paper-Fraud, False Witness and Misappropriation to Wanting Mediation and Rectification - Manifesting the Traits of the Hypocrites

It is possible for a Muslim to possess and display characteristics which are those of the Hypocrites (Munafiqun) whilst still retaining his faith and not exit Islam. There are numerous hadeeths on this topic, "There are three traits, whoever possesses them is a hypocrite..." etc. There are brief works written which outline all of the traits of the hypocrites identified in the Qur'an and the Sunnah. From the greatest of them is what occurs at the beginning of Surah al-Baqarah:

وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمْ لاَ تُفْسِدُواْ فِي الأَرْضِ قَالُواْ إِنَّمَا نَحْنُ مُصْلِحُونَ

And when it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "We are only peacemakers."
    (Al-Baqarah 2:11)

When Harun Cole and his group started approaching the various du'at (June and July) as part of their propaganda campaign, they did not reveal their true and real intentions and what they had already planned in the background in the month(s) before (see further below). They claimed rectification. From all of the evidence that we have presented so far and also from all of the other evidence we simply have not had time to post on this thread, we can very broadly explain what was taking place:

• There are from the main ringleaders of this group who are upon the way and manhaj of Madeenah.Com, and these people have been exposed and refuted by Shaykh Muhammad bin Haadee, Shaykh Ubayd al-Jabiree, Shaykh Rabee bin Haadee, Shaykh Ahmad Suba'yee, Shaykh Falaah Ismaa'eel and others. This manhaj has been explained and illustrated very well by Makatbah Salafiyyah in their serious of articles:

http://www.salafitalk.net/st/uploads...students-1.pdf
      http://www.salafitalk.net/st/uploads...students-2.pdf
      http://www.salafitalk.net/st/uploads...udents-3.0.pdf
      http://www.salafitalk.net/st/uploads...udents-3.1.pdf
      http://www.salafitalk.net/st/uploads...udents-3.2.pdf

This manhaj is illustrated in the actions of people like Tahir Wyatt, Zahid Rashid, and many of the writers and contributors to Madeenah.Com whose cooperation with the hizbiyyeen and support of them against the Salafis is well documented, alongside their attempts to undermine Salafis who call to clarity in manhaj and implementation of walaa and baraa for the Salafi manhaj, and Shaykh Rabee pointed out this evil trait, as we mentioned in post #17. We have absolutely no doubt that if this group had been successful in their treacherous plot, there would be cooperation with Masjid Khalid bin Walid (Ikhwani) and other mosques run by the hizbiyyeen. People like Tahir Faruq consider these masaajid to be masaajid established upon Salafiyyah and claim that there are tens of thousands of Salafis in Toronto. In his statement in an email dated Thursday, April 7, 2011 4:09:22 PM he had a problem towards not including "tens of thousands of general ignorant people" (his words) amongst the Salafis, and he tried to fight and argue this issue with us, and we explained that a Salafi is one who knows, understands and acts upon Salafiyyah in his da'wah and mu'aamalah and walaa and baraa and this is what we have learned from the Scholars, and mere claims and associations do not mean anything. But with this type of perception these people have, all doors of cooperation with the people of Hizbiyyah (who make a claim to being Salafi) are considered open and you then get the same Madeenah.Com type of manhaj in da'wah. You would also see Toronto representatives of Madeenah.Com on the scene (two of them are listed as signatories on the document used by this group), and you would start seeing an altogether different da'wah to the one that the community has benefited from in the past 10 years, which is a da'wah of clarity, not one of merely increasing numbers through a vague, wishy-washy type of Salafiyyah. Members of this group behind this recent takeover bid are on this same manhaj and we have evidence to establish this but this will be done in another thread or post insha'allah. There is definitely a manhaj issue behind this agenda and the various grievances these people have compiled together are simply a means to an end, the real driving force is something else.

• Representatives of this group took their opportunity at the end of June at the New Jersey conference (17th-19th) to approach some of the du'aat to start canvassing and generating support at a wider level (above and beyond what they had initiated within the local community in the weeks and months before). Hence, they approached Abu Khadeejah, Hasan as-Somali, Dawud Adib and they attempted to approach Abul-Hasan Malik. They approached Abu Muhammad al-Maghribi who told them that "Umar and Ahmad are not here so I cannot listen to what you have to say". They tried to offer him a copy of their document but he refused. They also approached Moosaa Richardson in person (and via email/phone) as well as others. In these communications the aim was to gather support and sympathy whilst concealing the true and real intentions they had in the background.

• While they tried to gain support from the du'at to show to the public they were liasing with Shaykh Waseeullaah who they say advised them to remove the current administration through legal means. The reason for the choice of Shaykh Waseeullaah is fairly obvious to the perceptive reader. They had to use a lot of lies, deception, two-facedness and outright treachery in order to conceal the real agenda while they worked to gain support at various levels (local community, the du'at and allegedly, some of the scholars) which was purely for public relations. To get support from the community, they started canvassing people and asking whether they had any problems with the two brothers they aimed to remove. After this ground level work, they compiled a deceptive document to make it look like the "community" wants change. This is what they took to the du'at. They also tried to contact other du'at overseas under certain pretexts and covers as a means to introduce the issue and attempt to win support and sympathy for their cause. This requires a separate post.

• Shaykh Muhammad Ramzan al-Haajiree was present in Toronto at TROID in mid-July and this group had a meeting with the Shaykh just before he left. The Shaykh advised them clearly to stop what they are doing, but because this group had invested a lot of time, planning, resources, mobilizing people, doing a lot of groundwork, and were laying down plans for their instances of fraud and false witness, they had no intention whatsoever of heeding the Shaykh's advice. If you had been in that meeting, you would have clearly seen this to be the case from the demeanour, attitude and behaviour of people like Harun Cole towards the Shaykh. It was as if they had to tactfully overcome this hurdle of the Shaykh being there and being an obstacle in front of their plans which they had laid down at least from May. As soon as Shaykh Muhammad Ramzaan had gone, they simply continued full steam ahead, just as they planned all along, and they claimed they were supported by Shaykh Waseeullaah.

• We should point out here the greatest of evidences which proves their deception and treachery all along. They had already committed paper and electronic filing fraud on May 27th 2011, and this was part of the overall plan they planned to execute in the months to come. This is why they made all the efforts to try and mobilize the local community and to win support from the du'at afterwards. In retrospect, it also explains why they had a very confident and almost arrogant tone.They believed that through these underhand tactics involving deception and paper-fraud, they had already succeeded. So whether the du'at agreed with them or not, it wouldn't matter, they would have already achieved their goal in the background anyway, or so they thought. This also explains their resistance to Shaykh Muhammad Ramzaan in mid-July. They had commenced their paper fraud, electronic filing fraud, false witness (al-qawl al-zoor), and treachery (from as early as late May). They used paper fraud and false witness to freeze the bank accounts, the intended result of which was that all operations are immediately terminated, leading to financial and other types of harm to the community which they cannot have been ignorant of; using paper and electronic filing fraud to change appointed officers of the organization; attempts to gain access to the building by trying to misappropriate keys and access codes; attemps to seize the property (as Shaykh Waseeullaah advised them according to their claim); using paper fraud and false witness to gain control of the domain, hosting etc. They had been hoping that by the support they anticipated, they could move very quickly and succeed in their operations whilst having broad support from the local community and the du'aat and as little obstacles and opposition as possible. And if they got no support, it would not have mattered, because through deception, they would have fulfilled their desired goals anyway. Machiavellian politics practically illustrated at their finest!

• By Allaah's grace, their treacherous plot failed on almost all counts. Allaah, the Exalted said, "Indeed, Allaah does not cause to prosper, the action of the mischief-makers" (10:81), and as-Sa'dee said in his tafsir, "And thus is the (case) with every mischief-maker upon the earth who contrived a plot or came with trickery, for his action will be invalidated and will perish, and even if his action achieved some distribution (spreading) for a given time, its eventual destination will be its fading away and annihilation."As we stated in an earlier post, they have not succeeded, because Allaah does not support or give fruition to the actions of paper and electronic filing fraud, false-witness (al-qawl az-zoor) deception, treachery, dissimulation, double-facedness, hypocrisy and striving for mischief upon the land.

• Over the past week, as we started exposing these vile and corrupt activities, their support began to fade, people started abandoning them, those whose names were fraudulently used to claim support for them began to speak out more and more, the community saw the scandal behind the paper fraud, false witness and other traits characteristic of hypocrisy. In just short of a week, their entire house of cards collapsed in and of itself, and now regular members of the community are telling them to "make tawbah to Allaah". Bear in mind this is after all the advice they were given by the du'at, and by Shaykh Muhammad Ramzan to their faces which they wilfully refused.

This now brings us to recent developments (which shows us how corrupt this group is and how Allaah, the Exalted, has exposed them even more), and they will be exposed even more by Allaah's permission, there is more to come.

When we realized what had been taking place behind the scenes of paper fraud, and false witness as a means to freeze bank accounts and seize property and assets, we approached a solicitor to seek legal advice about the situation and he gave us certain advice. In a twist of events, after this group and its evil intentions and corruption has been exposed to not just the local community but the whole world in the past week, we learned yesterday that they approached the same solicitor we originally went to for legal advice about the situation. Here is an email we received, (certain details removed) from this solicitor:

Date: 5 August, 2011 4:53:45 PM EDT
    Subject: possible mediation

Assalamu alaikum,,

I have been approached about the situation at the mosque by both sides of the ispute (assuming that there is only two) and so I suggest that the two parties try to mediate. I am prepared to offer my services as a mediator at a discounted rate from my regular rate. I understand the other side is willing to have me act a a mediator. Please advise if you are also acceptable and we can proceed with coordinating such sessions.
    Best,

[removed] , LL.B., LL.M.
    A little explanation should be provided here to remove any misunderstanding that one might fall into by reading the above email: We never approached this solicitor for any mediation. We first approached him for legal advice on the situation. It just so happened that they went to the same solicitor. This solicitor, seeing two disputing sides, saw this as an opportunity to mediate and help out at a reduced rate. Of course it is business for him, but as he is a Muslim, he just wants to help the situation, so his intentions are good. But no one should misundertand that we are calling for mediation. There is no mediation with mischief-makers. There is only tawbah for them. Why is it that they not accept the advice and mediation of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Ramzaan, Abul-'Abbaas Moosaa Richardson, Abu 'Abdullaah Hasan as-Somali, Abu Khadeejah, Abu Dihyah Dawud Adib and others. They moved secretly, treacherously, in Toronto and beyond, quietly and privately trying to rally support. Their two-facedness and treachery even reaching the level where whilst their representatives were approaching the du'aat in person in the New Jersey conference (17th-19th June) a representative of TROID was present in the same hotel, completely oblivious to what these people were doing, despite meeting and seeing them face to face during the conference. Only when the walls started falling down around them, to save what remaining face they have with an ever dwindling number of people do they now make false claims of wanting rectification and wanting only good. No one is fooled by this inshaa'allaah.

With this out of the way we can say: The evil of these people keeps getting deeper and deeper and how their actions are just like what Allaah, the Exalted said of the hypocrites, "And when it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "We are only peacemakers." (2:11). After all the paper and electronic filing fraud, deliberate false witness, deception, dissimulation, two-facedness, conniving, plotting they employed, they have now accepted a solicitor to mediate for them and are now reaching out to us to see if we are willing to accept mediation?!! Never by Allaah, there is no mediation with liars, transgressors, perpetrators of fraud and mischief makers who shun and abandon the advice of the du'at and Scholars and seek tribulation in the land. It is no different to what the general folk within the community are saying to the ringleaders, "Just make tawbah..."

And this is exactly what we say. Make tawbah to Allaah. Allaah has already made vain your plans, and the community and the world has seen the vileness in your actions. You claim rectification but intend mischief. Your actions are not sincere, you have proven to the world you are not sincere and that which is not sincere, never lasts. With nothing but scorn coming in your direction and people leaving you and your cause now fading away and facing annihilation, you should take relief in the fact that you are still in Ramadan which is a month of mercy, and in which you can reach out to your Lord, turn to Him with sincere repentance and seek forgiveness.

Dear reader: These people never took these steps at the beginning (seeking legal counsel). This would have been a dead end for them, because they had nothing that would stand up, and they knew that in any case. Knowing this, they chose to use the underhanded tactics of paper fraud, deception, two-facedness and so on as a means to effect their plan, which failed miserably, and all praise and gratitude is to Allaah. Their conniving and deception has not stopped. One should not think that this call for mediation is a change of heart from them, because we know the types of people involved in this group. This is just another step they are taking as part of the Machiavellian principle, "the ends justify the means." They are seeking mediation now because it is a last ditch attempt to salvage a badly damaged and ruined takeover bid, and when your mischief and corruption is exposed, the next step is to come across as wanting rectification and mediation. How appropriate is the saying of Allaah, the Exalted, once again:

إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُصْلِحُ عَمَلَ الْمُفْسِدِينَ

Indeed, Allaah does not cause to prosper, the action of the mischief-makers (10:81)

Imam as-Sa'dee commented on this verse:

And thus is the (case) with every mischief-maker upon the earth who contrived a plot or came with trickery, for his action will be invalidated and will perish, and even if his action achieved some distribution (spreading) for a given time, its eventual destination will be its fading away and annihilation.
    We ask Allaah to relieve the community of the harm and corruption of these people and to put the affairs aright by the end of this blessed month, from His mercy and justice. Ameen. On another note, we have received tremendous material support from the community maashaa'allaah, and we shall explain more at the appropriate time by Allaah's permission.

Another Brother Reveals How He Advised This Group Early On

We received this email earlier from one of the brothers in the community (Yusuf bin Frederick):

Date: 6 August, 2011 4:31:09 PM EDT
    Subject: Fitna

Two months ago, I was shown a document by the brothers who started this fitnah containing a list of complaints, accusations, and a list of names. I was shocked to see my name on the list and I told them to remove it because I did not agree, and I know only good of Umar and Ahmed. I warned them of the harm, shortsightedness, and damage this would cause. After my name was removed I continued to advise them to leave this fitnah...

...How many years have they financially set back the community by freezing bank accounts and seizing websites? It is now ramadan and people can't benefit from the web sites Troid.org and Islaam.ca SubhanAllah you are blocking people from seeking ilm and dawah, not just in Toronto, but from around the world.

Whoever is still involved in this madness should return the websites and make taubah, the door for repentance is open. Stop harming the dawa, and making the hizbeez rejoice at the community splitting.

As for the salafis [of the community] we just want things to go back to the way they were. When I first came to the dawah, Troid was in a room the size of a closet. Now we have a masjid, and no one can deny the progress that has been made with Umar and Ahmed managing. I know them to be trustworthy responsible and helpful.

When I saw this list their were many names and I mistakenly thought I saw Khalid's name. I misinformed him that he was on the list. It was my fault and not a lie or mistake by Khalid or Troid. May ALLAH forgive me and let our community be one again. It is Ramadan the big shayatiin are locked up so what is left but pride.

Yusuf from the East
    That's a good point we have not made in this thread previously. How many thousands of people from around the world have been prevented from benefiting from the audio lectures, articles and other resources on the website(s) because of the corrupt actions of these people?!

As salaamualaikum Wa RahmatuLLAH,

Firstly I bear witness that, with respect to their dealings with the brothers in the United Arab Emirates, I have seen ONLY Khair from TROID in general and then from the brother Umar specifically. May Allah Reward them and Aid them.

Secondly, To the diseased people in Canada looking to destroy the da'wah: The hypocrisy in your actions and your responses can be smelt till all the way here in the U.A.E. Your arguments are weak and it seems that you are digging deep into the haystack to find any needle you can to poke your brothers with. Fear Allah and repent for your actions.

Lastly, i thank the brothers at salafitalk.com for providing their platform for the much needed clarification for the people.. JazakumuLLAH Khair.

It is extremely disappointing to see this disagreement and splitting and the harm that it has caused and continues to cause. I ask Allaah that He puts an end to this tribulation and returns the affair to one of unity and harmony, Ameen.

I read with interest the response of Harun Cole and his associates after following the posts in this thread, hoping to see another side of the story in order to make proper sense of what is going on in this confusion and discord. After reading the third document, I was surprised to see that Harun Cole and the brothers with him used a letter of recommendation written by Ahmad Assing in June 2010 for Said Ali. The purpose of quoting this tazkiyah was to defend Said Ali in his capacity as an elder and senior in the da'wah and to defend his integrity.

This is the letter:

Name:  troid-ahmad-letter-said-ali.gif
Views: 4032
Size:  80.4 KB

Which is found in the following PDF file: 3who.pdf

Before continuing, I should say that I do not know Harun Cole or Said Ali, I have never met them or spoken to them and I have no grievance with them and they have not harmed me in anything. Likewise, I do not know any of the others with these brothers except perhaps Maruf Kedir whom I have met and spoken to very briefly. I have had no dealings with them, and nor is there any grievance between me and them, and nor have they harmed me in any way and I hope I have not caused any harm to them in any way, despite the fact that I do not know them.

After this is clarified, the problem in Harun Cole's position is that by using this letter from Ahmad Assing, it is established that up to 2010 and afterwards Ahmad was the president, and Said Ali was happy to solicit this letter of recommendation from Ahmad Assing in his capacity as president. Just as Harun Cole and the other six writers of the document are happy to use this letter as evidence to argue for the integrity and da'wah efforts of Said Ali, implying they accept Ahmad Assing's writing of this letter in his capacity as president.

Ahmad wrote that Said Ali was president for five years (until 2000). If Said Ali was happy to accept this letter of recommendation from Ahmad Assing in his capacity as president and showed no objection to the content of the letter which states that he served as president for five years from 1995 (until 2000) and was therefore no longer president, and if Harun Cole and the brothers with him are happy to use this letter as proof to defend the person and integrity of Said Ali, it renders baseless the position taken by Harun Cole and those with him. By hastily using the above letter to defend Said Ali in a subsidiary matter (his historical da'wah efforts and integrity), these brothers have not realized the wider implication it has on their position as a whole. In my view, their position is highly questionable, if not suspicious.

The reason is their use of this letter leaves them no real choice but to claim Ahmad Assing was appointed fraudulently AFTER this letter of recommendation. This is because you can't approach Ahmad Assing in his capacity as a director or president and ask for a recommendation letter from the organization (TROID) for your own personal and private benefit and at the same time claim that Ahmad Assing's appointment was fraudulent and that he has no legal position in the organization. In fact, it is implied by your action that you acknowledge Ahmad Assing's legitimacy in the organization, otherwise you would not approach him in the first place. Unless of course, you are just a person of self-interests.

The brothers (Harun Cole and those with him) who wrote these recent documents against Ahmad and Umar stated (2nd document, page 1):

Readers should note at this point that Umar al-Hashimee has no legal position in this organization. His appointment as a Secretary and Ahmed Assing's appointment as the President were fraudulent, punishable by law.
    The question raised here is when exactly did Ahmad Assing and Umar al-Hashimee's appointments as president and secretary take place? It is upon Ahmad and Umar to provide evidence of the dates of their appointments and not to conceal these facts.

There are only three situations. a) Ahmad and Umar were appointed fraudulently as Harun Cole and others claim after June 2010 (after writing that letter of recommendation), or b) shortly before writing that letter of recommendation for Said Ali by months, or a year or less or c) a very long time before writing that letter of recommendation (five, seven, ten years). No matter which of these three situations are chosen, they all cause a huge problem for Harun Cole and those with him who have unwittingly used this letter thinking it is in their favour when it in fact undermines their entire position and seriously questions their entire story and their credibility along with it.

The first option a) is impossible. Since you can't be requesting a letter of recommendation from a president of an organization who hasn't fraudulently appointed himself as president of that organization yet such that he has the position and authority to be writing a letter of recommendation for you. The second option b) is not possible either, because why would Said Ali ask for a letter of recommendation from someone who has just recently fraudulently appointed himself as president? And if it is c) where Ahmad (and Umar) were appointed fraudulently a long time ago (five years, seven years, ten years), the question arises: Why has it taken Said Ali and Harun Cole all those years to claim these appointments were fraudulent? And if that truly was the case, why is it that Said Ali is happy to solicit and receive a letter of recommendation from the supposedly fraudulently appointed president, Ahmad Assing, in 2010? And why is Said Ali happy to put his name to a document in which it is claimed:

Readers should note at this point that Umar al-Hashimee has no legal position in this organization. His appointment as a Secretary and Ahmed Assing's appointment as the President were fraudulent, punishable by law.
    And from the time that Ahmad and Umar fraudulently appointed themselves as is claimed, where was Said Ali and Harun Cole in all that time. Were they involved with TROID? What were they doing for the da'wah at TROID? Were they involved with a fraudulently appointed director and secretary all that time and did not see it fit to start asking questions until 2011? What does the Salafi community in Toronto know of Harun's and Said Ali's involvement in the day to day runnings at TROID? If it is established that they continued to have involvement from the time that Ahmad and Umar were alleged to have been appointed fraudulently, then it undermines their position. And if it is established they had very little, if no involvement at all, and for all that time showed absolutely no rejection, and Said Ali was happy to solicit a letter of recommendation in 2010, then this puts a question mark over the motives of Harun Cole and Said Ali.

I ask each of Harun Cole, Ahmad Assing and Umar al-Haashimee to provide evidence for the exact dates of their appointments, so the relevance (or irrelevance) of these very important question becomes known, because through them I believe the truthful will be distinguished from the dishonest and untruthful.

This is just one issue (of many I have come across) which on its own, makes the position of Harun Cole and those with him highly questionable if not outright suspicious. If they have a good and acceptable answer to this, then alhamdulillaah, it is a misunderstanding on my behalf, and I would very much like to hear the explanation so that the questions raised here become non-issues. And if there are no reasonable answers, there is strong reason to doubt the motives of Harun Cole and those with him.

Finally, I advise myself firstly and then all the brothers and sisters to fear Allaah in this month, to correct and rectify their intentions and seek nothing but Allaah's pleasure, and to be truthful in every way, in intentions, speech and actions, and know that Allaah is watcher of what is both seen and hidden.
    -== abu.iyaad =-

Jazakum allah khairan for the continued clarification and announcements. How is the status of the masjid right now? Is it open and running as usual? I see that the website is still down, is there anything we can help you brothers with?

May allah protect all of the TRUE SALAFI organizations and safeguard them from the attacks ... Ameen.