Threaded View

I confirm that any claims that I support this movement now or supported it at one time are absolutely false. From the very first time they sought my advice about these misguided tactics, I told them in the clearest of words - face to face - that it was wrong, and I do not support it. I have repeated this appeal many times, and I pray they come to their senses and stop harming the masjid, the centre, its people, and the image of our da'wah as well.

I can also confirm from my personal dealings that the TROID administration has tried diligently to bring students of knowledge to Toronto to live and teach on a permanent basis. And this was made clear to the claimants' representatives, and when I asked them quite simply: Which student was able and willing to come to Toronto, and the admin of TROID did not approve of it? There was no answer. So my advice was at that time (about six weeks ago): Is it fair to blame them for something like this? While they are actively pursuing a solution? And have you brought a candidate to their attention or tried to help solve the problem? (Their response: They don't know of anyone available.) Yet they go on using that against our brothers, proving they have no problem continuing in an accusation that they know full well is unfair and baseless.

It has become clear to me that they were never seeking my advice about their plans (as they claimed), rather they only wanted to remind me of some bad dealings from the past and hope that I would let my emotions lead me into signing on to their petition to remove the administration.

One of their main activists said to me, out of brotherly concern (as he said): "I am afraid that any further cooperation between you and TROID could seriously harm your reputation!"

I pray that Allaah prevents me and all of you from allowing our reputation to be the motive behind our actions.

I ask Allaah to reward our brothers for their patience in these trials, and to grant them success and stability upon the Truth, and His special protection from the hidden and open plans of these mufsidoon.

And for those sincere brothers who got mixed up with the wrong people: Make towbah to Allaah for the harm to your own community you have helped cause, correct your relationship with Allaah, and follow the example of the brothers who are realizing the reality of the hidden agenda and are now walking away. May Allaah grant you success.
    Moosaa Richardson