Utilising Astronomical Calculations To Determine A New Month Opposing Utilising The Eye

As-Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu

Utilising
    Scientific Astronomical Calculations
    To Determine A New Month
    Opposing
    Utilising The Eye

From Allaah's Book

Allaah Subhaana says (to that which is translated),

“…So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadân i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Saum (fasts) that month…”

Soorah Al-Baqarah: 185

“They ask you (O Muhammad) about the new moons. Say: These are signs to mark fixed periods of time for mankind and for the pilgrimage…”

Soorah Al-Baqarah: 189

“It is He Who made the sun a shining thing and the moon as a light and measured out its (their) stages, that you might know the number of years and the reckoning. Allâh did not create this but in truth…”

Soorah Yunus: 5

Ref:
    http://www.thenoblequran.com/sps/nbq

And from
    The Sunnah of Muhammad
    (sallallaahu alayhi wa salam)

Narrated Ibn Umar:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "When you see the crescent (of the month of Ramadan), start fasting, and when you see the crescent(of the month of Shawwal), stop fasting; and if the sky is overcast (and you can't see It) then regard the crescent (month) of Ramadan (as of 30 days)".

Sahih al-Bukhaari No.1786

Narrated Abdullah bin Umar:

Allah's Apostle mentioned Ramadan and said, "Do not fast unless you see the crescent (of Ramadan), and do not give up fasting till you see the crescent (of Shawwal), but if the sky is overcast (if you cannot see it), then act on estimation (i.e. count Sha'ban as 30 days)."

Sahih al-Bukhaari No.1792

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet or Abu-l-Qasim said, "Start fasting on seeing the crescent (of Ramadan), and give up fasting on seeing the crescent(of Shawwal), and if the sky is overcast (and you cannot see it), complete thirty days of Sha'ban."

Sahih al-Bukhaari No.1795

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle forbade Al-Wisal in fasting. So, one of the Muslims said to him, "But you practice Al-Wisal. O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet replied, "Who amongst you is similar to me? I am given food and drink during my sleep by my Lord." So, when the people refused to stop Al-Wisal (fasting continuously), the Prophet fasted day and night continuously along with them for a day and then another day and then they saw the crescent moon (of the month of Shawwal). The Prophet said to them (angrily), "If it (the crescent) had not appeared, I would have made you fast for a longer period." That was as a punishment for them when they refused to stop (practising Al-Wisal).

Sahih al-Bukhaari No.1848

Ref:
    http://spubs.com/sps/sbk/sahihalbukhari.cfm

Fataawa
    The Obligation Of Looking For The Moon

Question.
    Are all the Muslims sinful if none of them tried to see (look out for) the new moon of the beginning and ending of Ramadhaan?

Response.
    Trying to see (look out for) the new moon, whether it is the new moon of Ramadhaan or Shawwal, is a well known issue during the time of the companions. This is based on the statement of ibn Umar (radhi-yallaahu ‘anhumma): The people were looking for the new moon, so I informed the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa salam) that I had seen it, and he ordered the people to fast according to it.

And there is no doubt that the characteristics of the companions is more perfect and complete.

Ref:
    Shaykh ibn al-Uthaymeen
    Fataawa Ramadhaan – Volume 1, Page 59, Fatwa No.25:
    Fiqh al-‘Ibaadaat – Page 172

P.s maybe a member can locate this hadeeth with a reference.
    When a man knows his ownself, speech of the people is of no benefit to him!