Hybrid View

Follow-up of Ruling of the 'Ulama on Staying Away from the People of Desires

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Ruling of the 'Ulama on Staying Away from the People of Desires

Abu Ishaac Al-Fazaree went to Damascus, where the people gathered to listen to him so before he came out to give the talk, he ordered someone to say to the people, 'Anybody on the belief of denying the Qadr (which is an evil bid'ah), then don't come to my sitting. And he who has the viewpoint of such and such, then don't come to my sitting.

That's how they used to do it. That's the true old school. That's the old way, the good way, the righteous way, the correct way. Anything else is wrong.

Imam Ash-Shafi'ee, Imam Malik, Imam Ahmad, different sources, different scholars, different centuries, different books, yet all of them were Shadidan 'ala Ahlul Bid'ah (harsh against Ahlul Bid'ah). Among them were those who kicked out Innovators from a gathering, Innovators such as Muhammad Kuraam, who founded the Karaamiyah sect, the worst Ahlul Bid'ah on earth. Sometimes, it got physical.

[Then Abu Uwais said that being physical with Ahlul Bid'ah doesn't happen with us, but it's not because we thought things all out, the disbelieving court here (juding by other than what Allaah revealed), what will happen to our children, who will provide for the family. Rather, it's because we are soft against Ahlul Bid'ah, and conservative.]

Isma'eel bin Ishaac Al-Qadee of Baghdad would ask the Innovators to repent and if they refused, he would execute them. Innovators were scared to enter Baghdad.

Qadee 'Iyaad said: Imam Abu Yusuf Jabla ibn Humoor as-Salafee (299 H.) didn't compromise. No one did more Jihaad than him versus the Raafidah, and Allaah saved him from them. To make Jihaad against [people of bid'ah, Raafidah] is greater and more noble than to make Jihaad against Shirk.

Imam Adh-Dhahabee (rahimahullaah) said about Imam Barbaharee (329 H.): He was one who spoke the truth, a caller to the narrations, not fearing (for the sake of Allaah) the blame of the blamers.

A lot of us don't like to get blamed. We don't want to be talked about. All we want to hear about ourselves are good things. Want to be nice, get along with everybody. (Want people to say about you,) 'that brother is good.' The Ikhwanees (from the Khawaarij) say he's good. The Tableeghis (from the Soofees) say he's good. This (sect) says 'he's cool.' Tableeghis say (imitating the accent of some of them), 'he's alright, my brother.' He's okay. The brother is a good brother.

[No. No.] He doesn't fear - when it comes to [defending the Deen of] Allaah - the blame of the blamers. This is a quality that Allaah mentions in the Qur`an.* This is a quality one needs to have - not fearing the blame of the blamers.

Let 'em talk about you. Let 'em downgrade you. Let 'em belittle you. Let 'em make up lies about you. Let 'em slander you. Let 'em be green with envy. Let 'em hate you. Let 'em talk about you like a dog and its mother. All that!

So what?

The Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) was called 'crazy,' 'a sorcerer,' one who separates between a man and his child, one who separates between a husband and wife. Everything, he was talked about.

Did that stop him (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) from giving da'wah? Did that stop him (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) from being upon the haqq? [No.]

Let them say what they want to say. The tongues are wagged, and you keep walking.

The tongues are wagged, and you keep moving, because you're on the haqq. You're on the right path that connects you to Allaah, Tabarak wa Ta'ala, and the abode of His Generosity that is called Jannah.
    * Allaah said (what means): O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islaam), Allaah will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allaah, and never afraid of the blame of the blamers. That is the Grace of Allaah which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allaah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower. (Al-Ma`idah, ayah 54)
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

[In light of people today supporting and defending the troubled Shadeed Muhammad and his companions, it's important to note that Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah) warned against this abundantly, and even made a funny commentary about people who exchange one form of hizbiyyah for another, saying "I am no longer with Abu Muslimah, but sign me up for 40 days." {The latter is a reference to the deviant and ignorant Soofee off-shoot Firqat At-Tableegh, who infamously ask people to join them for 40-day jawlas.}

SubhanAllaah, one of the people in attendance - whose voice can be clearly heard on the tape, asking questions - is today one of the people who calls to support Shadeed Muhammad with outright and desperate lies such as "Shaikh Rabee' cleared him."

How can any scholar, who knows of Shadeed's evil, clear him if Shadeed has not repented and openly declared the truth which he hid, as Allaah commands*? Shaikh Rabee' bin Hadee al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah) is obeying Allaah and His Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) in warning against Shadeed and his errors. Shadeed has to worry about Allaah - the Lord of all that exists - and standing before Him on the Day of Judgement. Why did the Shaikh Rabee (and others who knew of Shadeed's evil) refute Shadeed? It's because of a slew of sordid statements Shadeed made in opposition to what Allaah revealed, including Shadeed's infamous statement "Salafiyyah is not a card that's gonna get you into Jannah." As the scholars explained, this statement is a "statement of Kufr!" So you either defend Allaah's religion, or you're defending those who are attacking Allaah's Religion, wanting to change it. Aoodhubillaah!

These are two different paths. You have reached a fork in the road.]

* Allaah said (what means): Verily, those who conceal the clear proofs, evidences and the guidance, which We have sent down, after We have made it clear for the people in the Book, they are the ones cursed by Allaah and cursed by the cursers.

Except those who repent and do righteous deeds, and openly declare (the truth which they concealed). These, I will accept their repentance. And I am the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful. (Al-Baqarah, ayat 159-160)
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.

Amma-ba'd

Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah) said:
    If you don't defend Islaam with your tongue and in your heart and with your position against Ahlul Bid'ah, (then) you will never defend it (Islaam) on the battlefield. Forget it!

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Ruling of the 'Ulama on Staying Away from the People of Desires

Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah) taught a series of lessons concerning the Ruling of the 'Ulama on Staying Away from the People of Desires, and the following excerpts are valuable advices from some of those lessons. The following are notes.

Hating and being harsh against Ahlul Bid'ah is praiseworthy, not blameworthy! [Abu Uwais brought many, many examples of the Salaf and other righteous scholars who were harsh against Ahlul Bid'ah, with other scholars describing them with words of praise, saying such and such was: Thiqa` (trustworthy), saalihan (righteous), a scholar of hadeeth, an Imam, Saahib us-Sunnah, used to enjoin the good and forbid the evil, and SHADIDAN 'ALA AHLUL BID'aH (harsh against Ahlul Bid'ah). Ta'deel (praise) after ta'deel after Ta'deel that included the statement: SHADIDAN 'ALA AHLUL BID'aH (harsh against Ahlul Bid'ah).]

If you don't really hate bid'ah and its people, then you're not a Sunni. You have to at least be like Sufyaan (ath-Thawree, rahimahullaah) who said, "If I see a munkar and I can't change it, I urinate blood." If you're not a hater of bid'ah, then you'll never be a lover of the Sunnah.

Harshness against people of bid'ah is a global affair; what may differ is the severity of harshness - not harshness (itself) - depending on how few the Sunnis are. For example, the Sunnis in 'Iran cannot be as severe in their harshness toward people of bid'ah as the Sunnis in Saudia.

One of the Salaf said: We are more merciful to them (Ahlul Bid'ah) than their mothers. We are even merciful to them when they are in their graves. We refute them and expose their bid'ah, and by doing so, their sins are lessened.

Politeness does not mean that you're not hard and strong. You can be hard and strong, and at the same time be polite... You can be stern and polite at the same time.

[Referring to the Salaf and the righteous scholars who followed them:] The deeper he was upon the Sunnah, the harder he was upon Ahlul Bid'ah! How can you be strong upon the Sunnah, and soft upon Bid'ah? How! It don't go that way. It's not about your emotions, brother. It's not about your personal taste. It's not about the old school that you came from, which aint nothing. It's not about the law of the streets. It's not (about) 'we've (played) games together' (or) 'I've known this man a long time.'

What's all that gotta to do with it? Throw it out the window. You gotta be upon the Sunnah. You have to now make a decision. Whether or not you're going to stick to the way of the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and the sahaaba.

Allaah said (what means): You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred. For such He has written faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Ruh from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein (forever). Allah is well pleased with them, and they are well pleased with Him. They are the party of Allah. Verily, the party of Allah will be the successful. (Al-Mujadila, ayah 22) ------> So don't love them.

Just because you claim to be Salafee (does not make you one). (It could be that) the Sunnah is in one valley, and you're in another. Men are known by their (mawaaqif) positions.

Defend the people of the Sunnah. Defend Salafi Publications, defend them. Don't talk about (them, saying,) 'that website's causing all that confusion.' Even though they're upon Kitab and Sunnah upon the manhaj of the Salaf-us-saleh! At least, you can lean your tongue to them to help them and support them.

Defend Shaikh Rabee'. Shaikh Rabee' is more important to you than your father! Whether you realize it or not!

Defend Shaikh Ibn Baaz, defend Shaikh al-Albanee. Be of those upon the Sunnah and a defender of its people. And if you don't do that, then you're nothing but a coward.

If you don't defend Islaam with your tongue and in your heart and with your position against Ahlul Bid'ah, (then) you will never defend it (Islaam) on the battlefield. Forget it!
    It won't happen, because the Islaam that you will be trying to defend - if you don't have the Sunnah and the manhaj of the Salaf-us-Saleh - won't be Islaam. You'll be with the Khawaarij or somebody (else who is evil).

And if the Islaam is that which is correct and pure and crystal clear and in time of peace and ease, and you didn't have the audacity to defend it, how you gonna defend it with your life?

With you're life on the battlefield, you're dreaming! You're dreaming! This is a status that must be present in times of peace, at all times. As we said, it only differs in the grade of it, how much you are able to do versus how much you're not able to do...

Source: Tapes 6 & 7 (including the Q&A session): The Agreement Among the Scholars upon Boycotting and Warning Against Ahlul Bid'ah
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.

Amma-ba'd

The Defense of the Deen is greater than the defense of your personal self

What follows are notes from Abu Uwais' beneficial classes under the headings The Agreement Among the Scholars upon Boycotting and Warning Against Ahlul Bid'ah and also The Consensus of the Scholars in Warning & Boycotting The People of Desires and Bid'ah

The defense of the Deen is greater than the defense of your personal self. If someone broke into your house or car or dishonored your woman, you would deal with him, but many act cowardly toward those who attack the religion.

Ahlul Bid'ah are dangerous; they're worse than cancer and I have cancer. Ahlul Bid'ah are dangerous; they are worse than you can imagine. Ahlul Bid'ah are to be dealt with.

Listen to the statement of Imam al-Barbaharee (rahimahullaah):
    The example of the innovators is like the example of the akaarib (scorpions). They bury their heads and bodies in the sand, and leave their tails out. When they get the opportunity they sting; the same with the innovators who conceal themselves amongst the people, when they are able, they do what they desire.

Don't you know what a Shee'i (Raafidi) would do with you if he had the opportunity. And don't you know what these takfeeris from Ahlul Bid'ah would do with you if they had the opportunity. And don't you know that there is many a person who would like to put a bullet in your head if they had the opportunity. So beware of that.

Ibn 'Abbas (radiallaahu 'anhumma) said: If he met a Qadaree (one who denies the Qadr), and he was able to take out his eyes with his fingers, he would. [Of course, this is for a Muslim ruler in a Muslim state.]

This is a picture - bright and clear - showing how Ahlus-Sunnah dealt with Ahlul Bid'ah.

[Abu Uwais also brought to attention the evil and bigotry of Ahlul Bid'ah who blindly-follow people in opposition to the Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) even though the Imams themselves said: if you find an authentic hadeeth, then that is my madh-Hab during my life and after my death.]

Allaah said (what means):
    And let those who oppose the Messenger's (Muhammad) commandment (i.e. his Sunnah legal ways, orders, acts of worship, statements, etc.) (among the sects) beware, lest some Fitnah (disbelief, trials, afflictions, earthquakes, killing, overpowered by a tyrant, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them. (An-Nur, ayah 63)

Bid'ah has destroyed many of this Ummah. Bid'ah has deadened many of their hearts. Bid'ah has weakened many of their hearts. Bid'ah has sickened many of their hearts. They don't know left from right, and top from bottom. They have no direction. This is why we're in the position today that we're in. How [few] people know the proper Islaam? Bid'ah has done horrible and abhorent matters to this Deen.

We need Tasfiya wa Tabriyah. When you see that, the believers will be [victorious] from the victory of Allaah.

[Abu Uwais also stressed implementation of this knowledge. This is not just theological. This knowledge is to be implemented, so when people of bid'ah are in front of you, you're not "cool" with them.]

Amma-ba'd

The Consensus (Ijma') of the Scholars in Warning & Boycotting The People of Desires and Bid'ah

What follows are notes from Abu Uwais' beneficial class The Consensus of the Scholars in Warning & Boycotting The People of Desires and Bid'ah

Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah) began by removing a misconception that he observed from people concerning the word Ijma' (consensus). He observed that people were misunderstanding the word ijma' to mean something was not obligatory, i.e. something optional. And this wrong!

He explained that the maqsood (objective) of the word Ijma' is sabeel ul-Mu`mineen (way of the believers [the way of the companions]), and he brought the proof from ayah 115 of Soorat an-Nisa`:

Allaah said (what means): And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad, (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers' way. We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell - what an evil destination. (An-Nisa, ayah 115)

This is a principle of the Deen. And the tremendous wisdom behind it is: preservation of the Deen, and to protect an individual from that which would displease his Lord and lead him astray.

For every bid'ah is dalaala (misguidance), and every dalaala (misguidance) is in the hellfire. This is a legislated means to achieve the end:
    1- Hifdh (preservation) of the Deen
    2- protecting one's belief from corruption

People (deviants, people of bid'ah) try to get around this principle, but you can't get around it.

Ijma' is a legislated proof, absolute. It is Haram to go against it!

Allaah said (what means): And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad, (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers' way. We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell - what an evil destination. (An-Nisa, ayah 115)

Then Abu Uwais made another important clarification that da'wah comes first - establishing the proofs comes first - then the boycotting, if they refuse. Like Shaikh Rabee' (bin Hadee al-Madkhalee, hafidhahullaah) said: "All you know is Hajr, Hajr, Hajr!" No. Da'wah precedes it. And of course, we make a distinction between the Innovator who calls and the bid'i, blind-follower.

Abu Uwais also brought statements of scholars, who said: Do not sit with Ahlul Bid'ah.

Abu Uwais refuted and rebuked the doubt "I gotta listen to both sides*."**

The people of bid'ah have no sides. It's just bid'ah! Next thing that's gonna happen is that (doubt or disease) is going to fall into your heart.

Showing the harms of debating Ahlul Bid'ah and what it leads to, Imam Lalika`ee (rahimahullah) said: No crime has been commited against the Muslims greater than debating the Innovator. They didn't use to have any type of power, and they used to be more humiliated when Ahlus-Sunnah used to leave them, not talk to them, not give them importance.

[Abu Uwais explained: when you debate, you're putting someone on the same level as yourself. You're saying, ok, you sit here and I sit here, and we discuss the issue. You start off on the same level when in fact you're upon the Sunnah (adhering to revelation), and this man is upon bid'ah (opinions, desires in opposition to revelation). And those upon bid'ah are those who are to be humiliated, put down; they are the small ones, they are the ones to be avoided, and rejected and turned away from. But when you put them on the level of debate, you remove that from them, so that's what he was saying.]

So when they [Ahlul Bid'ah] used to die, they use to die in anger; they didn't have a way to show their bid'ah. Imam Ahmad didn't debate them. No one gave them a platform (saying), "we're going to debate the issue."

Until those who are deluded came and they opened for them this method (saying,) "we can debate." They became people who led to the (attempted) destruction of Islaam until great arguments and debates. Then their da'wah became apparent to the people under the title "debate," or what they call "conversation," whereas before the people didn't even know what they were talking about.

Abu Uwais said: Everybody wants to talk about it. We don't need to talk about it; you're upon bid'ah, dalaala. No need to talk about it. As Imam Lalika`ee said: then they [Ahlul Bid'ah] were able to spread their message to those who didn't use to hear it. The specific and general people. Until Shubh (doubts) were mixed with Hujjaj (proofs, evidences). They were presented until they were on the same par. This is one of the worst things that happened, and one of the (most desirable) things for Ahlul Bid'ah.

Source: Tape: The Consensus of the Scholars in Warning & Boycotting The People of Desires and Bid'ah, tape 16
    __________________________________________________ _______________

* So when the rebuked Shadeed Muhammad (may Allaah rectify his affairs) was giving khutbas even after the 'ulemma refuted him and his doubts, and told him he is "not fit for da'wah," to instead seek knowledge, and advised the rest of us not to listen to him, some said this same exact statement, "I gotta listen to both sides." Allaahul Musta'aan!

This was less than a year ago, well before the Masjid Rahmah fitnah. Some listened to Shadeed's poison - even though they were advised by the scholars of the Sunnah not to, in accordance with the Qur`an and Sunnah - and of course the doubts fell into the hearts of these listeners, they became confused, made alliances based upon emotion instead of the truth, and now they're supporting Shadeed Muhammad who is attacking Allaah's religion.

** [This is the cousinly doubt of the deceptive and invented principle Koodh Wa A'tee "You must give and take," that people of bid'ah and desires use today to ignite a debate in order to set up a platform from which to spread their poison. So when this invented principle is said to a Salafee, it means, "okay, I heard you quote the Qur`an and Sunnah, but now you must listen to my side." Aoodhubillaah!

Allaah, 'Azza wa Jall, said in the Qur`an: So after the truth, what else can there be, save error? How then are you turned away? (Yunus, ayah 32) Ayaat from the Qur`an and ahadeeth from the Sunnah were relayed to them - upon the correct understanding of the Salaf of this Ummah. What is after the truth except misguidance? As Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah) said: The people of bid'ah have no sides.

And Allaah's Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: I did not leave anything that brings you closer to Allaah and distance you from the fire except I have commanded you with it. And I did not leave anything that will distance you from Allaah and bring you closer to the fire except that I have prohibited you from it.

Thus, if there was any good in what they were saying, it would be in the Qur`an or Sunnah, and thus the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and the sahaaba (radiallaahu 'anhum) would have preceded us in it. And since Allaah, Al-Haqq, does not contradict himself, there would be no need to listen to their side. Allaah said in His Noble Book (what means): Do they not then consider the Qur`an carefully? Had it been from other than Allaah, they would surely have found therein much contradiction. (An-Nisa`, ayah 82)]

Bismi Allaah ArRahmaan ArRaheem

Assalaam aleykum

Dear brother, djazaak Allaah gair for your efforts and posts, wich are a real benefit alhamdoelillaah. brother, can u post a brief biografy of brother abu awais, rahimahullaah. this is so i can show it too the brothers here, if needed.

was salaam

Walaikumsalam akhee

Hayakhallah. Click on this link regarding our beloved brother abu awais rahimahullah

http://www.salafitalk.net/st/printth...m=6&Topic=4115

Amma-ba'd

What would happen to the Deen of Allaah if people didn't defend it, and repel from it what doesn't belong to it? The Truth has more of a right to be followed

Abu Uwais (rahimahulllaah) read from Abu 'Abdullaah Khaalid adh-Dhufayree's book The Consensus of the Scholars in Warning & Boycotting The People of Desires and Bid'ah, and below are some of the notes of Abu Uwais' highly beneficial class under the same title.

The Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: There will come out of this Ummah a people whose desires will go through their bodies like Rabies. There is no part of the body except that this disease will enter it.

Concerning the Prophet's (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) statement, Al-'Allaamah 'Ubaidullaah ibnu 'Abdis-Salaam al-Mubarakfuree (rahimahullaah) said:

This is a Tahdheer (warning) from even coming near these desires or from even coming near the people who have them. And this disease is a disease than an individual catches by being in close proximity to. Once rabies reaches a person, it goes to every part of the body and, in the majority of the cases, it leads to his destruction. Similarly, the innovator. He compares the innovator to a dog with rabies. He will come to you with his opinion or viewpoint and present it to you in a way that very few people are safe from. And it will stay with you until you enter into his way and become one of his party.

This is a great example from the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) in warning us against bid'ah in case one did not understand the seriousness of bid'ah before this - its comparison to a dog with rabies.

The Salaf were all stern regarding this issue.

It's obligatory for well-grounded students of knowledge to refute and warn against Ahlul Bid'ah, and explain their deviance. Not only is there a need for this and it is obligatory, but also it is considered Jihaad in the sake of Allaah. You can appreciate this. What would we be on if it wasn't for [Allaah raising] Ahlus-Sunnah to refute Ahlul Bid'ah, by the grace of Allaah?

Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) said it was obligatory to refute them by Ijma' (complete agreement).

When Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (rahimahullaah) was asked which of the two was better: a man who prays voluntary fasts, and offers voluntary salaah, and gives in charity, and performs the i'tikaaf, and does (other) good (optional) deeds, or the one who refutes the innovators?

Imaam Ahmad said: Whoever offers salaah and fasts and gives in charity and performs i'tikaaf, then (all of) this is for himself, and as for he who refutes the innovators, then this is for (the benefit of) the Muslims. And this is dearer to me.

This is Jihaad because clearing the path of Allaah and the Deen and Manhaj of Allaah, and defending and pushing off the transgression of these enemies (Ahlul Bid'ah) is wajib upon some Muslims. And if some Muslims do not do it, then all the Muslims are sinful. Some from the Ummah have to do it. And if it wasn't for Allaah tabarak wa Ta'aala establishing those who remove the harm of the people, the Deen would have been corrupted.

Our situation, brothers, would be just as the Christians' situation with Paul. What did Paul do to the teachings of Jesus ('alayhi salaam)? [He changed it.] How did Paul do it? He took them away from the belief that Jesus was on. He came up with his own belief, and [many] followed him upon that (deviant) belief [in opposition to what Allaah revealed to Jesus]. What is Paul other than an Innovator (a heretic)?

As Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) said in The Correct Reply to the One Who Distorted the Religion of the Messiah: When Allaah raised 'Eesa (Jesus) to the heavens, Paul came and (lyingly) said he met Jesus in the desert and (lyingly) said that he (Jesus) told him everything he said before is over...eat what you want to eat, do what you want to do (changing this and that) and more importantly (changing and corrupting) the 'aqeedah (the creed of Jesus), claiming for Jesus a share in Lordship, and so on and so forth.

Paul was nothing but an Innovator (a heretic), whose call was not met by those who would stand for the truth, fight against it and repel it! No one repelled it. So what happened? You have a whole [invented] belief (creed) now - Christianity - which has now spread throughout the earth.

And you think bid'ah (heresy) is a light thing?

So if it wasn't for Allaah establishing those who would repel the harm of these people [innovators, heretics], the Deen would have been corrupted.

What would happen to the Deen if no one responded to the bid'ah [mukaffirah] (heresy that takes one out of the fold of Islaam) of hulool (and Wahdat al-Wujood), i.e. the deviant belief that Allaah is in everything? Aoodhubillaah!

What if there was no response to that? What if that was in our books, or what if no one responded to the tafseer baatini (the deviant belief of a hidden, secret tafseer). Everybody would be upon it (hulool), because no one (would have) refuted it, because no one (would have) responded to it, no one (would have) established the truth.

So if it wasn't for Allaah establishing those who would repel the harm of these people [innovators, heretics], the Deen would have been corrupted.

Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) said: This fasad (corruption) would be greater - listen to this - than the enemy taking over in a battle, because the occupation of the enemy [if they win a battle, or take over land] won't corrupt the hearts, except after a long time.

But the first thing Ahlul Bid'ah would take over is the hearts - in the beginning. The one who responds to Ahlul Bid'ah is a Mujaahid, a true Muslim warrior.

Nasr bin Zakariyaa (rahimahullaah) said I heard Muhammad bin Yahyaa adh-Dhuhlee (rahimahullaah) saying, I heard Yahyaa bin Yahyaa (rahimahullaah) saying: "Defense of the Sunnah is more superior than jihaad in the path of Allaah." So I said, "A man spends his wealth, tires his body and strives (in jihaad), so is this one (still) better than him? He said, "Yes, by many times!"

All the Imams of the Sunnah were/are upon this way. All the Books of Hadeeth have at least one chapter refuting Ahlul Bid'ah.

There is Ijma' (Consensus, total agreement). ...You're going to take one shadh (irregular and rejected) statement from someone, and knock down [reject] all the proofs and evidences.

You found the Deen in tact because this was their way (the way of the Imams of the Sunnah) and manner.

So if anyone comes to you now after studying half of this book - which is full of nothing but ayaat and ahadeeth and statements (of the Salaf and Imams of the Sunnah) - with something else, then you know he is upon ghairee saabeel, he's not upon the path, man. He don't know what time it is! He's confused, no matter how much you might respect him, or what level of knowledge you think he's on.

This is the haqq. This is the correct way!

Softness in its proper place, no problem with it. But softness in its improper place is not right, not correct, and not manly either.

Ibnul Qayyim (rahimahullaah) when he corrected Shaikhul-Islaam Isma'eel al-Harawee, he said: "I love Shaikh Isma'eel al-Harawee, but (al-Haqq Ahabu ilaya) the truth is more beloved to me. The truth has more right to be followed."
    Source: Tape: The Consensus of the Scholars in Warning & Boycotting The People of Desires and Bid'ah, tape 16

Amma ba'd

Wa 'alaykum u salam wa rahmatullaahi wa baarakatu,

In sha` Allaah, ya Abu 'Abdir-Rahmaan. In the meantime, read this:

A Righteous Man
    Abu Awais Abdullaah Ahmad 'Alee