Threaded View

Important Fataawaa related to the Salaah - Sh `Abdul-`Azeez bin Baaz

الحمد لله و كفى
    و سلام على عباده الذين اصطفى
    أما بعد

I came across a small booklet entitled: Fataawaa Muhim-mah Ta-ta`al-laqu Bis-Salaah (translating as: Important Religious Verdicts Related to the Prayer) of the Imaam, the Salafee, Sunnee, Atharee, Noble Shaykh and former Muftee of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Aboo `Abdillaah `Abdul-`Azeez ibn `Abdillaah ibn Baaz (d.1420 AH, may Allaah shower him with His mercy and forgiveness - aameen).

It was published by Daarul-Furqaan, Cairo, Egypt, in the year 1434 AH/2013 CE. It contains 76 questions and answers regarding various important issues related to the salaah (prayer).

The answers are brief yet comprehensive and absolutely vital for every muslim to have knowledge of, since the salaah is the second pillar of Islaam, after the testification that there is nothing worthy of worship except Allaah alone, and that Muhammad is His Final Messenger - sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam. The salaah has been obligated upon every adult, sane muslim, five times every single day; Fajr (dawn), Dhuhr (afternoon), `Asr (evening), Maghrib (sunset) and `Ishaa (night). Indeed, it is the first thing that Allaah shall question us about on the Day of Resurrection. Therefore it is of utmost importance that every muslim knows the basic, fundamental rulings of the salaah, so that he is upon clarity and is able to preform it properly, the way his Lord, Allaah the Most High, has commanded him to do so.

I decided that I should select some of these fataawaa and translate them, in order to spread the benefit amongst the English-speaking people of Sunnah, and so this is the beginning of what will be - inshaa'Allaah - an ongoing, regularly updated thread.

Please note that each fatwaa will have a subheading, this will be added from myself and is not from the original booklet. Any footnotes regarding hadeeth, etc, are from the booklet unless stated otherwise. Perhaps from time to time I will include some benefits from other scholars or more detail from other works of Sh Bin Baaz - rahimahullaah.

And Allaah knows best that which is correct, and to Him is the return and recompense.

Written by:
    Yusuf McNulty al-Irlandee
    5th Dhul-Qi`dah 1435 AH
    Birmingham, UK

*Notice: Thereafter it became clear to me that this booklet contains the fataawaa from the book of Sh Ibn Baaz 'Tuhfatul-Ikhwaan bi Ajwibah Muhim-mah Ta-ta`al-laqu bi Arkaanil-Islaam', which is a compilation of verdicts pertaining to `Aqeedah, Salaah, Zakaah, Siyaam and Hajj. So in reality the original book is Tuhfatul-Ikhwaan, and this separate booklet, Fataawaa Muhim-mah, contains only the fataawaa related to Salaah from that book, and Allaah knows best.

- 9th Rabee`ul-Awwal 1436 AH.