Threaded View

11th Islaamic Conference by SP (Madeenah KSA): Shaykh Muhammed bin Hadee al-Madkhalee:Unity, Brotherhood, Truthfulness, Humility and Gentleness

11th Islaamic Conference by Salafi Publications Rajab 1435/2014 Madeenah KSA

Shaykh Muhammed bin Hadee al-Madkhalee (hafidhah ullaah):
    Unity, Brotherhood,Truthfulness, Humility and Gentleness.

This was the final, closing, incredible and immense talk by Shaykh Muhammed bin Hadee al- Madkhalee (hafidhah ullaah) who is from the senior scholars of Madeenah Saudi Arabia.

He advised with clinging to the deen of Islaam; the aqueedah and manhaj of Salafiyyah, by which the Ummah has strength and nobility. He advised with unity and brotherhood amongst ourselves and to cultivate truthfulness, humility and gentleness as personal characteristic traits by which we as Muslims become known in our dealing within the muslim community and amongst the non-muslims (kuffaar).

May Allaah bless, reward and preserve our noble Scholars who gave their time and shared their knowledge, the organisers, translators, and participants of this highly beneficial, blessed and uplifting conference, aameen.

Jazakum Allaahu khairun Jam’ieeun.

May Allaah make what we read and hear an evidence for us and not against us on the Day of Judgment increase us in beneficial knowledge, rectify our hearts, and forgive our deficiencies in worshipping Him aameen.

Below are the tweets that were sent in real time as the talk was being given. A great blessing for the one who cannot be present in person, JazakAllaahu khairun.

Tweets (below): abuIyaadSP – Abu Iyaad Amjad ibn Muhammed Rafiq (hafidhah ullaah)
    Shaykh Muhammad bin Haadee is one of the heads of the Sunnah, praised by Imaam Abdul Azeez bin Baaz... he visited the UK a few times in 90s

{01} After praising Allaah, and sending salaat and salaam upon the Messenger and upon companions, to proceed...

{02} What pleases me is my meeting with you my sons, for this is a good opportunity for a noble purpose on this day (mentions date) by ...

{03} the Masjid (of the Prophet) from where the call spread from east and west, the masjid was built upon taqwaa, he and his companions (radiAllaahu anhu)

{04} He would teach them and give them fiqh and then he would send them as duat (callers) to Allaah, all praise is due to Allaah, and we ...

{05} gather together, and there is nothing between us and this very masjid except some meters....and if it reminds us of anything...

{06} it reminds us of the greatness of this deen that is for the black, white, to everyone, there is no superiority for anyone, except by...

{07} taqwaa... verse: verily the believers are a brotherhood (ikhwah) 49:10 - this deen is what unites us, and this deen was sent for all

{08} for all of mankind...34:28 and also as a mercy for mankind 21:107 .... Allaah illuminated the earth after darkness (by the Messenger)

{09} So we praise and thank Allaah for guidance to this noble religion...

{10} [note] Date today is 13th Rajab 1435H corresponding to 13th May 2014... Shaykh men

{14} After this speech I say that it pleases me to meet today, and that I should speak about the adaab and akhlaaq of Islaam, which ourtioned the date at the beginning...

{15a} Messenger came with... I wish to remind myself and yourself about these manners. So firstly, I remind myself and you to adhere to

{15b} to adhere to the adaab of Islaam... Allaah said, you are the best nation brought out for mankind...3:110, this is the noblest nation..

{16} they will be largest number in Paradise... they will come first before all nations... the Prophet said, "We are the last (nation) ...

{17} ...(to come on earth) and we shall be the first (in the hereafter)" so previous nations will be after us... and this is an excellence

{18} There is no virtue greater than this, that this nation received last revelation, but should come before those who received revelation

{19} ... before it... so this is the first nation for which the gates of Paradise will be opened...

{20} Allaah said: O you who believe enter into Islaam wholeheartedly...2:208,, so he ordered us to enter completely, in beliefs, worship...

{21} dealings, manners, fiqh of the family such as marriage, divorce, pregnancy, nurturing, custody, inheritance, rulings and so on...

{22} in all of that we hold fast to what the Messenger came to us with of this religion... Allaah said: This day have I perfected for you...

{23} for you your religion: 5:3 and he also said, Hold fast to the rope of Allaah together: 3:103 and He said: It is not for any believing

{24} man or women when Allaah and His Messenger have determined a matter.... 3:36 and He also said: Say if you truly love Allaah ...

{25} then follow me... 3:31, and He said: Whoever obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allaah, 4:80 ... all of these texts necessitate...

{26} taking what the Messenger came with... He (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) said: If Musa was allowed, he would have no choice but to

{27} to follow me... and Eesaa (as) when he descends he will follow the legislation of Muhammad, of Islaam... so it is upon the believer

{28} to hold fast to this deen, all of it, because honour, might lies in that.. and whoever sought izzah (might, honour) from other than

{29} Islaam, then he will not find it... so he must seek honour, might through this deen, feeling proud of that, and mentioning this

{30} in front of all nations with a raised head...Islam is the source of might, honour and our pride with this religion is because...

{31} it is a complete deen, in legislation and in methodology... so we have pride in this... and speak openly about it...

{32} And when Moses (as) had he been alive had no choice but to guide himself by the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) and follow him..

{33} then how is it permissible for us, Muslims, to follow and imitate the ghayr-muslimeen, to resemble them, in their manners, ...

{34} and leave the noble, lofty manners that our legislation came with... this indicates a deficiency in intellect, a weakness in souls.

{35} and a defeatist mentality ... in the heart... meaning that we have become amazed by them and follow them in their manners as if...

{36} this is progression and forwardness... so we follow them in their manners but abandon what is of benefit with them...

{37} of the worldly sciences, which we can benefit from them... so we have followed them in unbefitting morals...the lowly traits..

{38} and vile actions... so they know from this that we are weak... we have become weak.. so they belittle us, and look at us with contempt

{39} However, if we had been how our Salaf had been, honoured by this deen, holding fast to it in truth, belittling what is besides it, we..

{40} we would be strong,.. and lowliness and contempt would be for those who opposed his command... as he (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam)

{41} said... "lowliness and contempt is written for the one who opposed my command..."

{42} So I advise you to seek honour with this religion..and you will then be honoured by those other than you... your enemies will

{43} acknowledge the virtues that you have...when you hold fast onto this deen... they will respect you and what you hold on to...

{44} So I advise to hold on to sidq, truthfulness, with yourself, families, children, muslims and non-Muslims... Allaah has commanded us

{45} with that...mentions verses regarding sidq.. and the hadeeth, Upon you is truthfulness for it leads to birr and birr leads to ...

{46}.... to Paradise. And beware of lying for lying leads to fujoor and fujoor leads to Hellfire... and behave with sidq, with non-Muslims

{47} be truthful in dealings with them and they will respect you... beware of lying in your dealings...

{48} you should teach your children to be truthful and warn from falling into lying... so be truthful in all affairs of your life...

{49} truthfulness is in dealings, trading, in agreements, promises... it is not permissible for you to oppose that, to be deceitful...

{50} in trade...to make promises and break them... do not make promises to you wife and break them... be truthful in all your affairs...

{51} the people will respect you in this life and in the hereafter, you will be respected, rewarded, honoured....

{52} lying is not from the traits of the Muslims... and it is not permissible for you to lie, even when joking, in jest..

{53} ... the Messenger said: I guarantee a house in Paradise for the one who abandoned lying, even if he was joking..." so it is not

{54} permissible to lie even when lying...all of it is haraam, so upon you is to be truthful...we avoid lying all forms.

{55} we do not partake in this April fools day which is founded upon lies... Islam does not permit this... nor do we make the white lie

{56} what they call the white lie... rather all lying is prohibited... it is not permissible for you to lie to make people laugh and pleased.

{57} as is done by the liars and comedians and their likes... The messenger said: Woe be to the one who lied to make the people laugh,

{58} woe be to him, woe be to him. So it is not permissible for you to be a liar, even if to make the people laugh... so these texts..

{59} make it clear that lying is unlawful in all situations except for three situations a) in war.. b) to reconcile between two parties...

{60} and that which occurs between two spouses...to ensure nothing remains in the hearts... so one of them comes with a word

{61} which he understands in a way but his wife understands in another way...and this is to keep close relationship...

{62} All comedians are liars... they lie to make people laugh... this lying is prohibited... woe to them as occurs in the hadeeth...

{63} [Allaahumma baarik, lecture hall packed, everyone enjoying shaykh's beautiful dars...]

{64} And I advise secondly with humility (tawaadu) as a second quality.. this is from the traits of the Prophets and righteous...

{65} Arrogance is from the way of ghayr-muslimeen... it is not permissible to boast and be arrogant... I am American you are Indian..

{66} I am from this nation, you are from that nation... so this is not permissible... The Messenger said: No servant was humble to Allaah...

{67} except that Allaah raised him and never did a servant increase in pardoning (others) except that Allaah raised him in honour...

{68} The messenger (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) warned from kibr, arrogance... because it is traits of kuffaar... the messenger said...

{69} He will not enter Paradise who has in his heart an atoms weight of arrogance, pride... Look at the Messenger ... he used to sit

{70} amongst his companions as one of them until one who was outside of the area would come and ask "which one of you is Muhammad"

{71} this is unlike the kings, sat on thrones.. who are recognized... the Messenger was not like this... Aadam (as) is from dust.. there is

{72} no virtue of an Arab over a non-Arab, except by way of taqwaa... so upon you is tawaadu (humility, humbleness)...

{69} "He will not enter Paradise who has in his heart a mustard's seed of arrogance, pride.." Look at the Messenger ... he used to sit

{73} And it is not from pride, arrogance (kibr) that a Muslim wears beautiful garments, good shoes, and so on...this is from beauty

{74} and beautification... rather kibr is something in the heart... it is to reject the truth from the one who brings it and to look down...

{75} upon others... but as for wearing what is nice, good, beautiful, then this is from beauty... the arrogant one can be arrogant whilst

{76} wearing worn out clothes... and a person can be humble whilst wearing beautiful clothes...

{77} I advise you also (a third trait) with rifq (gentleness, softness)... gentleness between yourselves, to those whom you invite to Allaah

{78} and likewise gentleness towards the non-Muslims, except the one who argued with falsehood... gentleness is not shown in something

{79} except that it beautifies it.. and the Messenger said to Aaíshah, O Aaisha upon you is rifq for it is goodness all of it...

{80} And he also said: "Verily Allaah is rafiq (gentle) and He loves rifq (gentleness..." and on

{81} to the Messenger: as-saamu alaykum (death be upon you), she said, "as-saamu alaika wal-la'an" so the Messenger said: Upon you rifq...ce Aaishah responded to a Jew who said

{82} and he explained that it is sufficient to say back "wa alaykum" --- and the Allaah said: Do not argue with the People of the Book...

{83} except with goodness except those who are unjust amongst them...(29:46)... so those who are unjust then sternness is shown...

{84} so the people of Islaam are deserving of rifq, and from those who are deserving the most are his relatives and from those

{85} who deserve it the most are his direct blood relations (parents, brothers, sisters) etc. So gentleness (rifq) is goodness, all of it.

{86} you bring the hearts of the people together when you are gentle, merciful they will love you, turn to you, listen to your speech...

{87} Allaah said: By Allaah's mercy were you gentle with them, but if you had been coarse and hard in heart they would have disbanded...

{88} from around you...(3:159)...So mercy, gentleness with everyone is a desired, requested affair, because its fruit is good, beautiful...

{89} so if you are gentle, merciful, people will come to you.. The Prophet visited a Jew whose son would serve him... the son was...

{90} lying on the bed... and death came to him.. the Prophet called him to Islaam and the boy loved Islaam from what he saw of the Prophets

{91} manners... but he feared his father... so he looked at his father... and his father said: "O son, obey Abu al-Qaasim (the Prophet)"

{92} So the Prophet said: All praise is due to Allaah who saved him from the fire... so he became a Muslim, why? Because of what he saw...

{93) from the Prophet... Anas served the Prophet for 10 years and he never got angry with him not even once...! Never said once to

{94} to him for a thing he did not do, "Why did you not do it" and for a thing he did "Why did you do it" - not once in 10 years.

{95} ... so this is rifq (the third quality) which is gentleness, so I advise you with this, and we finish with this amount...

{96} Shaykh ended his tremendous advice here on three qualities a) sidq (truthfulness) b) tawaadu (humility) c) rifq (gentleness).

.................................................. ...........

Quraan’ic References: www.NobleQuran.com

“The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islâmic religion). So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allâh, that you may receive mercy.” (Al-Hujurat 49:10)

“And We have not sent you (O Muhammad SalAllaahu alayhi wasallam) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most of men know not.” (Saba' 34:28 )

“And We have sent you (O Muhammad SalAllaahu Alayhi wasallam) not but as a mercy for the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinns and all that exists).” (Al-Anbiya 21:107 )

“You [true believers in Islâmic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad (SalAllaahu alayhi wasallam) and his Sunnah (legal ways, etc.)] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma'rűf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islâm has forbidden), and you believe in Allâh. And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them; among them are some who have faith, but most of them are Al-Fâsiqűn (disobedient to Allâh - and rebellious against Allâh's Command).” (Aali Imran 3:110)

“O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islâm (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islâmic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitân (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy.” (Al-Baqarah 2:208)

“Forbidden to you (for food) are: Al-Maytatah (the dead animals - cattle-beast not slaughtered), blood, the flesh of swine, and the meat of that which has been slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allâh, or has been slaughtered for idols, etc., or on which Allâh's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering, and that which has been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by the goring of horns - and that which has been (partly) eaten by a wild animal - unless you are able to slaughter it (before its death) ¬ and that which is sacrificed (slaughtered) on An¬Nusub (stone altars). (Forbidden) also is to use arrows seeking luck or decision, (all) that is Fisqun (disobedience of Allâh and sin). This day, those who disbelieved have given up all hope of your religion, so fear them not, but fear Me. This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islâm as your religion. But as for him who is forced by severe hunger, with no inclination to sin (such can eat these above-mentioned meats), then surely, Allâh is Oft¬Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Al-Ma'idah 5:3 )

“And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allâh (i.e. this Qur'ân), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allâh's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islâmic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allâh makes His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided.” (Aali Imran 3:103 )
    “Then when she delivered her [child Maryam (Mary)], she said: "O my Lord! I have delivered a female child," - and Allâh knew better what she delivered, - "And the male is not like the female, and I have named her Maryam (Mary), and I seek refuge with You (Allâh) for her and for her offspring from Shaitan (Satan), the outcast."
    (Aali Imran 3:36 )

“Say (O Muhammad (SalAllaahu alayhi wasallam) to mankind): "If you (really) love Allâh then follow me (i.e. accept Islâmic Monotheism, follow the Qur'ân and the Sunnah), Allâh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Aali Imran 3:31)
    “He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), has indeed obeyed Allâh, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) as a watcher over them.” (An-Nisa 4:80 )

“And argue not with the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), unless it be in (a way) that is better (with good words and in good manner, inviting them to Islâmic Monotheism with His Verses), except with such of them as do wrong, and say (to them): "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you; our Ilâh (God) and your Ilâh (God) is One (i.e. Allâh), and to Him we have submitted (as Muslims)." (Al-'Ankabut 29:46)

http://www.sahihalbukhari.com/

No. 5700 - Narrated 'Abdullah:
    The Prophet said, "truthfulness leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to Paradise. And a man keeps on telling the truth until he becomes a truthful person. Falsehood leads to Al-Fajur (i.e. wickedness, evil-doing), and Al-Fajur (wickedness) leads to the (Hell) Fire, and a man may keep on telling lies till he is written before Allah, a liar." Sahih al Bukhari

Typying corrections above and footnotes added by: Umm AbdurRahmaan Saleha bint Ahmed Motala.
    Last edited by S.bint.Ahmed; 05-17-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Corrected NobleQuran.com abbreviation of SAW to SalAllaahu alayhi wasallam
    ام عبد الرحمن صالحة بنت احمد

Umm AbdurRahmaan Saleha bint Ahmed