11th Islaamic Conference by SP (Madeenah KSA): Shaykh Abdullaah Bukhari on the Hadeeth of 'Irbaad ibn Sariyah(RadiAllaahu anhu)

11th Islaamic Conference by Salafi Publications May 1435/2014 Madeenah KSA

Shaykh Abdullaah Bukhari (hafidhah ullaah): Explanation of the Hadeeth of al-‘Irbaad ibn Sariyah

Tweets (below):abuIyaadSP – Abu Iyaad Amjad ibn Muhammed Rafiq

{01} The Shaykh, after praising Allaah and sending salat and salam upon the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam)... I will make a point

{02} ... that though a word has been cited from Shaykh Ubayd about me, I do not like that this word should be used, I am but a student...

{03} of knowledge, nothing more, I ask Allaah for uprightness and we should not seek or try to find or use titles and labels...

{04} what the Shaykh (Ubayd) said is nothing but his humility and his good opinion of his brother, but I do not deserve such a title...

{05} and Allaah knows how much I hate that such a title be used...

{06} I know that many people strive for this (to attain labels) and this contradicts sincerity... but those statements only come from ....

{07} those scholars due to their humility and defence of their brothers and so on.. The shaykh then cites the hadeeth of al-Irbaad

{08} The Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) gave a sermon by which the eyes shed tears and hearts were moved... to the end..

{09} This is a great and mighty hadeeth that contains many benefits and usool and I will only concentrate on one sentence....

{10} "For verily whoever amongst you lives for long will see many controversies, so you must stick to my Sunnah and the Sunnah...

{11} ... of the rightly-guided Caliphs, bite onto it with your molars, for every newly innovated matter is a bidah and every bidah ...

{12} .... is misguidance" so here the Prophet informed his companions and his ummah as a warner against falling into much differing.

{13} this shows that there will be much differing and that tribulations will follow, such as kufr, zandaqah, ilhaad and other things ...

{14} and deviation in Allaah's names and shirk and what is like that and also type of innovation that oppose the Sunnah of the messenger...

{15} from them are those that expel from Islaam and from them that do not, and also the shahawaat (following lusts, desires)...

{16} So the Messenger warned from all of this, and all of these matters comprises darkness, layers of darkness... and Allaah says ...

{17} "And whoever Allaah does not make light for him, he will have no light..." (24:40)

{18} This darkness is such that if one was to raise his hand to his face he would not see it...

{19} the word ïkhtilaaf has been mentioned in indefinite form, which indicates a generalization, however, the Messenger emphasized...

{20} this even further by saying "katheeran" so there is an emphasis on the amount of differing... then the shaykh cites from al-Baqarah ...

{21} 2:257... wherein it is mentioned Allaah takes out believers from darknesses into light and disbelievers, He takes out from light ...

{22} ... darknesses... so here darknesses are mentioned in plural... the Shaykh also mentioned 5:16 as another example of "darknesses"

{23} So here the darknesses indicate ikhtilaafaat, differences... so then the Messenger gave the answer, the solution... which is to ...

{24} to hold fast to the Sunnah and he emphasized and said bite onto it with your molars, so this is how these tribulations are repelled...

{25} ... so in sticking to the Sunnah and holding fast in this is the deliverance from these tribulations...

{26} which are the darknesses of shirk, kufr, bidah, disobedience... all of which also have levels, some worse than others...

{27} therefore, all these darkensseses are faced with one light and misguidances are faced with one guidance and for this reason...

{28} whoever held tight to this light will be upon the straight way... this is the light, when a person holds fast to the pure Sunnah...

{29}, we mean here actual iltizaam, sticking to it, acting by it... it is upon the way of the Scholars of the Sunnah who preceded you....

{30} so you make i'tisaam, tamassuk, iltizaam (ways of holding on) in the way they did. So take the examples of the Kharijites who claim..

{31} that they hold fast to the Sunnah, yet they commit terrorist acts and crimes, they are the most lying of people....

{32} Hence, the Sunnah is light, it is light for you in your creed. People used to worship trees, stones, etc. Then Allaah guided them

{33} and they worshipped Him alone, so this is noor (light).... "Did we not open (expand) your chest..." (Sura al-Duha)... so this is noor..

{34} when you abide by the sunnah in everything in your worship, your trade, your interactions, everything, all of this is noor (light)...

{35} like in trade... mentions the hadeeth... two traders when they agreed on a trade and are then truthful in fulfilling terms...

{36} then they are blessed.... to end of hadeeth... and likewise behaving with parents, even if they are disbelievers, commanded in Quran...

{37} to be benevolent with them, even if they strive to make you commit shirk... and likewise with your wife, give her her rights..

{38} don't just think of your own... but fulfill rights on you... so all of this is noor (light) and likewise your children...

{39} give them tarbiyyah and bring up righteous children... also the hadeeth, regarding the wife, "... if he dislikes one quality in her...

{40} ... he will be pleased on account of another..." so all of this is noor...he is acting upon the Sunnah.... all of this is light...

{41} the Shaykh then mentioned the verse in 24:40, "whomever Allaah does not make light for, there will be no light for him"

{42} The Shaykh completed his kalimah and asked to be excused. May Allaah reward the Shaykh for his time and this beneficial reminder.

Footnote

On the authority of Abdul-Rahmaan ibn ‘Amr as-Sulami that al-‘Irbaad ibn Sariyah (RadiAllaahu anhu) said:
    The Prophet (SalAllaahu alayhi wasallam) gave us an eloquent sermon one day after the early morning prayer due to which the eyes flowed with tears and the hearts were moved, so one of us said, “Oh Messenger of Allaah, it is as if this is a farewell sermon, so what do you advise us with?” He (SalAllaahu alayhi wasallam) said, “I advise you with the fear of Allaah and to hear and obey (your leaders) even if an Abyssinian slave were to rule over you. For, whoever lives amongst you after me then they will see many differences. So, beware of the newly invented matters for it is misguidance. So, whoever reaches that amongst you then upon you is to follow my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly Guided Caliphs. Stick to it and bite onto it with the molar teeth.” Saheeh Sunan at-Tirmidhee no. 2676 from the book, ‘Upon you is to Follow My Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly Guided Caliphs After Me.’ Explained by Shaykh Ubayd al-Jabiree Pg.22 Translated by Abdulilah ibn Rabah Lahmami. Published by Salafi Publication 1430/2009
    ام عبد الرحمن صالحة بنت احمد

Umm AbdurRahmaan Saleha bint Ahmed