Hybrid View

Exclamation Female Scholars Of The Past, by Abu Hakeem Bilaal Davis

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Female Scholars Of The Past; A great encouragement for the sisters to study their Deen and seek nearness to Allaah

As Abu Hakeem Bilal Davis (hafidhahullaah) mentioned, there were many female Scholars in this Ummah.

Among them were:

- 'Amraa bint 'Abdir-Rahmaan ibn Sa'd ibn Zaraarah Al-Ansaariyah Al-Madaaniyah (the foremost student of 'Aa`ishah, radiAllaahu 'anha - the wife of the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)

Imaam Ibn Sheehaab az-Zuhree (d. 124H) was advised to learn from her, and he later said: I found her (to be) an ocean of knowledge. Imaam Az-Zuhree also learned from other female scholars:

- Nadhba, the mawla of Maymoona (radiAllaahu 'anha, the wife of the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)
    - Faatima al-Ghuza'eeyah
    - Hind bint al-Haarith Al-Faarisiyah
    - Umm 'Abdullaah Ad-Dawseeyah

- 'Aaishah bint Sa'd ibn Abee Waqqas Az-Zuhriyah Al-Madaneeyah (d. 111H, rahimahallaah), the daughter of one of the 10 sahaaba promised Jannah (radiallaahu 'anhum). She was described as: Tabi'iyyah, Madaniyyah, thiqah.

Imaam Maalik (d. 179H) learned from her.

- Umm 'Umar bint Hassaan ibn Zayd ath-Thaqafi.

Imaam Ahmad (d. 241H) learned from her.

- Umm Salaam binti al-Qaadee Abee Bakr Ahmad ibn Kamel ibni Khalaf ibn Shajara al-Baghdaadiyah; she taught Qaadee Abu Ya'la (d. 458H).

- Faatima bint Muhammad ibn Shaikh Ibraheem ibn Mahmoud ibn Jawhar al-Baqahee`a; she taught Imaam Ibnul Qayyim (d. 751H).

- Umm Muhammad Zaida bint Moosa ibni 'Uthmaan Al-Maraaniyah; she taught Imaam Adh-Dhahabie (d. 748H)

- Of the 1,200 scholars that Ibn Asaakir (d. 571H) learned from, 80 were women.

- And of the scholars that Ibn Hajar al-Ascalani (d. 852H) learned from, around 30 were women.

Of course, the teaching between the female scholars and those who became Imaams of hadeeth was from behind a veil, a screen, or a wall.

Source: http://www.salafisounds.com/female-s...-bilaal-davis/

Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.