Post A Brief Biography of the Caliph 'Umar ibn 'Abd Al-'Azeez

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

A Brief Biography of the Caliph 'Umar ibn 'Abd Al-'Azeez: http://www.salafiebooks.com/se/dld.cfm?a=uufcek

Excerpt: And ʿUmar bin ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz said, "The Messenger of Allāh (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wasallam) instituted sunnahs, adopting them is holding fast to the Book and the Sunnah, a strengthening upon the deen of Allāh. It is not for anyone to alter or change them nor to look in an affair opposing them. Whoever guides himself by them is indeed guided. Whoever aids himself through them is indeed aided. Whoever abandons them and follows other than the path of the Believers, Allāh will leave him in the path he has turned to and burn him in the Fire, what an evil refuge." AndʿAbd Allāh bin al-Ḥakam said, "I heard Mālik saying, 'And ʿUmar's resolve amazed me in that regard'."12

Excerpt: ʿUmar bin ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz said, "And whoever asks about what is in my soul and my desire for the affair of the ummah of Muḥammad (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wasallam), then that which is in my soul and my desire, it is - and all praise is due to Allāh, the Lord of the worlds - that you follow the Book of Allāh and the Sunnah of His Prophet and that you shun what (the ummah) has inclined towards of desires and far-removed deviation."

Excerpt: Farrāt bin al-Sāʿib said, "Fāṭimah bint ʿAbd al-Malik, the wife of ʿUmar bin ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz, once possessed a jewel (gem) that her father had ordered to be made for her whose like had not been seen before. So ʿUmar bin ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz said to her, 'You can choose, either you can put your piece of jewellery into the bait al-māl (treasury) or give me permission to leave (divorce) you because I dislike that myself, you and that (gem) should be in one house.' She said 'Rather I choose you over it and that which is several times as much as it is.' So he ordered it to be taken and it was put into the treasury of the Muslims. Then when ʿUmar passed away and Yazīd assumed the khilāfah, he said to Fātimah, 'If you wish I will return it (the jewel) to you.' So she replied 'By Allāh no, I never preferred anything over him (ʿUmar) whilst he was alive, and nor will I return to anything of its sort after his death.'"

Excerpt: Hishām said, "When the news of his death came to al-Ḥasan (al-Basrī) he said, 'The best of the people has died.'"

Homepage of this highly beneficial new website: http://www.salafiebooks.com/se/index.cfm
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.