Threaded View

Exclamation Allaah's Statement: "O you who believe! Fear Allaah and speak (always) the truth" explained by Shaykh 'Alee Al-Haddaadee

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Allaah 'Azza wa Jal said:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَقُولُوا قَوْلا ً سَدِيدا يُصْلِحْ لَكُمْ أَعْمَالَكُمْ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ وَمَنْ يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَه ُُ فَقَدْ فَازَ فَوْزاً عَظِيما

O you who believe! Fear Allaah and speak (always) the truth. He will direct you to do righteous good deeds and will forgive you your sins. And whosoever obeys Allaah and His Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) has indeed achieved a great achievement. (al-Ahzaab, ayah 70-71)

Allaah's Statement: "O you who believe! Fear Allaah and speak (always) the truth" explained by Shaykh 'Alee Al-Haddaadee

A brief biography of Shaykh 'Alee bin Yahyaa Al-Haddaadee (hafidhahullaah) can be found here.

Shaykh Al-Haddaadee said:

Likewise - O servant of Allaah - from the fruits of obeying the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and sticking to His Sunnah is: [gaining] great success.

As Allaah said: "O you who believe! Fear Allaah and speak (always) the truth. He will direct you to do righteous good deeds and will forgive you your sins. And whosoever obeys Allaah and His Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) has indeed achieved a great achievement." [al-Ahzaab 33:70-71].

So Allaah has ordered His servants to fear Him "O you who believe! Fear Allaah" and He has ordered them to speak a goodly word, and that is what is in agreement with the truth, the Book and the Sunnah. This is [the meaning of] a goodly word [قول سديد].

Likewise, there are goodly words with regards to interacting with the people, such as speaking truthfully and kindly, as Allaah says: "And speak to the people with good." [al-Baqarah 2:83] Then Allaah says: "He will direct you to do righteous good deeds." [al-Ahzaab 33:70-71]. Meaning, speaking good is a means to gain righteous deeds - by the grace of Allaah. "…and will forgive you your sins. And whosoever obeys Allaah and His Messenger has indeed achieved a great achievement." [al-Ahzaab 33:70-71] and which success is greater than you being upon guidance in this life and being from those given glad tidings of Allaah's pleasure at the time of death and that there is a garden from the gardens of paradise in your grave!

Being resurrected whilst upon safety and tranquility, taking shade under the shade of Allaah, drinking from the pool of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), all whilst the weight (on your scales of good deeds) is heavy, receiving your book with your right hand, having an easy reckoning, and Allaah granting you success in crossing the bridge (over Hell), and then your destination being paradise in which you receive therein all that your soul desires and pleases in relation to clothing, food, drink, marriage, as well as security from old-age, diseases, and illnesses. And above all, the success of looking at the face of Allaah.

Source:http://video.dusunnah.com/quran/tafseer/o-you-who-believe-fear-allah-and-speak-always-the-truth-shaykh-alee-bin-yahyaa-al-haddaadee/
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

Prophet: Say: "Allaahumma Ihdeeni wa Sadidni," by Shaikh 'Abdur-Razzaq ibn 'Abdul-MuHsin al-'Abaad (hafidhahumullaah)

After praising Allaah and sending the salaam upon the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam), the shaikh said:

Indeed, du'aa is a key to all goodness in this life and the hereafter. And the doors to goodness are many, [such as] Salat, Hajj, 'Umrah...to the end of it. However, it is important to know that the affair belongs to Allaah. Any good that is done, it is by the decree of Allaah (Subhanahu wa Ta'aala), and His aid to that individual. That is because it is impossible for anyone to do any type of 'ibadah (worship) to Allaah (Subhanahu wa Ta'aala) except that Allaah has aided, assisted him in performing that 'ibadah.

That is why one of the Salaf said: "I pondered over everything that is good, and I saw that there is nothing that can be done except that it is in the Hand of Allaah. And the best form of goodness is making du'aa to Allaah."

If there is anything good you want to do, it is upon you to make du'aa to Allaah (Subhanahu wa Ta'aala), because there is no good you can do without Allaah's aid. So if you understand the importance of du'aa to Allaah (Subhanahu wa Ta'aala) - asking Allaah, making du'aa to Allaah - then, it is upon you to make the du'aas that are known as al-Jawami', du'aas that are brief in wording yet comprehensive and plentiful in meaning.

Ponder over this hadeeth that is found in the Saheeh of Imam Muslim on the authority of 'Ali (radiallaahu Ta'aala 'anhu). This (upcoming) du'aa is from the Jawami' - brief in wording yet comprehensive and plentiful in meaning.

In this hadeeth, 'Ali (radiallaahu Ta'aala 'anhu) requested that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) teach him a du'aa (saying) "Teach me a du'aa." So the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: Say: "Allaahumma Ihdeeni wa Sadidni." (Oh Allaah, guide me and give me success.)

In the last part of the hadeeth - not part of the [du'aa itself] - the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) told 'Ali: "and when you think of hidaya (guidance), think about being guided upon a path - a straight path - and when you think of Sadaad (success), think about the bow and the arrow that is thrown that hits the target."

So this is Hidaya and Sadaad.

So this first statement "Allaahumma Ihdeeni" this is the slave turning towards Allaah, asking Allaah to guide him. And this guidance that [the slave] is seeking from Allaah, it is a request to Allaah to travel the path that leads to al-Jannah (Paradise). To travel the path of righteous action, and to stay away from any type of straying, any type of evil, especially at this time, especially in these days, because the trials and tribulations one may face are many.

The things that could take the slave off of The Straight Path are so many these days. And for that reason, you have to ask Allaah constantly, persistently, repetitively and in a begging manner - to beg Allaah - that you remain on and are guided to the correct path, that path that leads to Jannah, and that Allaah (Subhanahu wa Ta'aala) keeps you far away from any path other than that path, and any path that has evil in it.

This word "As-Sadaad" - the last part of the du'aa, which is "Allaahumma Ihdeeni wa Sadidni" - from Sadid...here the word Sadaad means guided to being correct, that he is on target with his statements and his actions. As Allaah (Subhanahu wa Ta'aala) said near the end of Surat al-Ahzaab:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَقُولُوا قَوْلا ً سَدِيدا

Oh you who believe! Keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him, and speak (always) the truth. (Al-Ahzaab, ayah 70)

(Meaning), say a word that is correct, a word that is on point - on target. This means that in his actions and his statements, he's doing them in accordance with the Sunnah of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam). What he says is according to the Sunnah. What he does is according to the Sunnah of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam).

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: Sadidu, wa karidu, wa adhkiru (Do your best to be correct, be correct, and receive glad tidings as a result of what you have done).

This is a du'aa that is inclusive of everything that is good - to be guided and on point. This is inclusive of all good. And therefore, I advise myself first and then you brothers as well to be consistent in making this particular du'aa, that we make it a part of our practice. And I ask Allaah to give me and you al-Hidaya wa Sadaad.

[The shaikh ended by asking Allaah to send the salaam and blessings upon the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam).]

Note: The shaikh mentioned he has a 90-minute tape in which he explained other authentic du'aas in a summarized fashion. [He didn't give the title.]
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.