Part J

Ahadeeth Pertaining to Eemaan, Tawheed, Deen and Qadr

Taken from

Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah

of

Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
    Abbas Abu Yahya

73- 1092 - From Jaabir bin Abdullaah who said: ‘We were with the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- on an expedition, and a man from the Muhajiroon hit a man from the Ansar. The man from the Ansar said: ‘O the people of Ansar!’

The man from the Muhajiroon said: ‘O the people of Muhajiroon!’

The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:
    ‘What is this call of Jahileeyah (ignorance)!’

They said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah! A man from the Muhajiroon hit a man from the Ansar.’

The Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Leave this call, since it is filthy.’

Jaabir said: ‘When the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- came forward the Ansar were greater in number, then after that the Muhajiroon increased in number.

Abdullaah bin Ubayy [the hypocrite] heard it and said: ‘Indeed they did it! When we return to Madinah, indeed the honourable ones will expel the lowly ones!

Umar said: ‘let me strike the neck of this Munafiq (hypocrite).’

The Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Leave him, in case the people say that Muhammad kills his Companions.’

No.3155

74- 1093 - From al-Aswad bin Sareeya’ who said:

‘I came to the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and took part in a battle along with the Messenger.

I fought against the best of the people at that time, until two sons were killed, [and in another narration: offspring] – so this reached the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and he said: ‘What is wrong with the people that the killing today extended to killing offspring ! !

A man said: ‘Messenger of Allaah! They are indeed the children of the Mushrikeen!’
    The Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- replied: ‘Were not the best of you the children of the Mushrikeen.’

Then he continued: ‘Do not kill off-spring; do not kill off-spring. Every creation is born upon the natural disposition, and is given its language/tongue. His parents convert him to a Jew or a Christian.’

No. 402

75- 1094 – The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘There is none from this Ummah who hears about me, neither a Jew nor a Christian and does not believe in me, except that he enters the Hell-Fire.’

No. 3093

76- 1096 – From Abu Razeen and Abdullaah bin ‘Amr from the Messenger: ‘The example of a believer is the like of a bee, he does not eat anything but good, and does not release except that which is good.’

No. 355

77- 1097 – From AbdurRahmaan bin Jubair bin Nafeer, from his father who said: we were sitting with al-Miqdad bin al-Aswad one day, when a person passed by him and said: ‘Toobah (a tree in Paradise) for these two eyes which saw the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-: ‘I swear by Allaah that we wish we had seen what you have seen and witnessed what you witnessed.’

Al-Miqdad became angry, I became astonished, because they did not say anything but good. Then he turned to the man and said: ‘What makes a person wish that he was present when Allaah has made him absent. He does not know, if he had witnessed it, how he would have been at that time? I swear by Allaah there were a people that were present at the time of the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam, who Allaah will throw on their nostrils in the Hell-Fire, because they did not respond to the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- nor did they believe in him. Do you not praise Allaah, for taking you out from your mothers’ wombs not knowing anything except your Lord and believing in that which your Prophet was sent with. Indeed you have been saved from trials by others being trialed instead of you.

I swear by Allaah, that Allaah sent the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- in the severest time that any Prophet from among the Prophets was ever sent, in any period of time including the Jahileeyah time period (period of ignorance before Islaam).

They would not regard any religion better than the worship of idols, then the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- came with the Furqan (the Criterion) he separated the truth from falsehood with this Criterion, and he separated a father from his son, so much so that a man would see his father and his son or his brother as a disbeliever.
    And indeed Allaah opened the lock of his heart with Eemaan, and he knows if he is destroyed he enters the fire, it does not make him happy that his beloved is in the fire. And it is about those that Allaah –Azza wa Jal – said: <<And those who say: ‘Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring the comfort of eyes>>’

No. 2823

78 – 1099 – From Jaabir bin Abdullaah, from the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-: ‘Whoever goes to a fortune teller, and believes in what he said; then he has disbelieved with what was revealed to Muhammad.’

No. 3387
    ====
    Abbas Abu Yahya
    Jeddah, KSA.