Threaded View

Exclamation Dividing the Taraweeh into Two is an Innovation – Imam al-Albaanee

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Dividing the Taraweeh into Two is an Innovation – Imam al-Albaanee
    Questioner:

What is said about what is happening now in the last 10 days of Ramadan – meaning, the prayer is divided into the first part and the last part of the night, and now this has become a permanent practice?

Imam al-Albaanee: Innovation..

Questioner: How is it done? – meaning, we wish that we establish the Sunnah and [at the same time] make it easy for the people. So how can we do that?

Imam al-Albaanee: Perform it early as Umar ibn al-Khattab stated and delaying it is better – meaning he commanded Ubayd ibn Ka'b to establish the prayer with the people after the 'eesha Prayer, so he did and when Umar went out [to the masjid], he said, 'What a good innovation this is, but the prayer that they forgot about and sleep is better [than the one they are offering].

Questioner: So it should remain the way it was before the last ten days?

Imam al-Albaanee: Yes.

Source: http://video.dusunnah.com/fiqh/praye...am-al-albanee/
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.