Part H
    Ahadeeth Pertaining to Eemaan, Tawheed, Deen and Qadr

Taken from
    Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah
    of
    Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
    Abbas Abu Yahya

60 – 1064 - From Jundub bin Abdullaah who said: The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘There was a man from amongst the people before you who was so wounded that he could not handle the pain, so he took a knife and made an incision in his hand, the blood kept flowing until he died.

Allaah – Ta’ala – mentioned: ‘My slave has been hasty with himself and I have prohibited him from entering Paradise.’

No. 3013

61- 1075 – al-Miqdad bin al-Aswad said: I do not say anything good or bad about a man until I see how his life ends – after what I heard from the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-.

It was asked: ‘What did you hear?’

I heard the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- say: the heart of the son of Adam changes more severely than a pot when it is boiling.’

No. 1772

62- 1076 – From Abul Darda, from the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- who said:

‘Everything has a reality, a slave of Allaah does not reach the reality of Eemaan until he knows that which afflicted him would not have passed him by, and that what passed him by was not meant to afflict him.’

No. 2471

63- 1077 – From a man from Bani ‘Aamir who came to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and said: ‘Can I take refuge?’

The Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said to his slave girl: ‘Go out and tell him to say: ‘Assalamu alaykum, can I enter?’ Since he is not good at seeking permission.’

The man mentions: I heard what the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said before the slave girl could come out to me, so I said: ‘Assalamu alaykum, can I enter?’

The Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- replied: Alaykum, come in’

The man continues: I entered and asked the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam: ‘With what have you been sent?’

The Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- answered: ‘I have not come to you except with goodness, I came to you so that you worship Allaah Alone who has no Partner, and leave the worship of Laat and ‘Uzza (idols). That you pray the five prayers in the day and night, that you fast a month in the year. That you perform the pilgrimage of the House and you take from the wealth of your rich people and give it to the poor people. Indeed Allaah knows the good and indeed there is from knowledge that which is only known to Allaah, there are five things which only Allaah knows: <<Verily, Allaah! With Him (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour, He sends down the rain, and knows that which is in the wombs. No person knows what he will earn tomorrow, and no person knows in what land he will die. Verily, Allaah is All-¬Knower, All-¬Aware (of things).>>

No. 2712

64- 1079 – From Ibn Abbas, who said the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘During the night in which I was taken on the night journey and on the subsequent morning after I was in Makkah and although the matter (the night journey) was very difficult upon me I accepted it, and I knew that the people would not believe me.

The Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- became sad and sat away from the people.

Ibn Abbas said: ‘The enemy of Allaah Abu Jahl passed by and came to the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- until he came and sat next to him and said to him mockingly: ‘What is going on?’

So the Messenger of Allaah answered: ‘Yes’

He said: ‘What is it?’

He answered: ‘I was taken up on a night journey.’

Abu Jahl asked: ‘Where to?’

He answered: ‘To Bait ul-Maqdis.’(Jerusalem)

He asked: ‘Then you returned here amongst us?’ (i.e. returned back)

The Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- answered: ‘Yes.’

Abu Jahl pretended to accept what the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said fearing that the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- might retract his statement and make Abu Jahl look like a liar when he called his people to listen to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam.

Abu Jahl said to the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-: ‘Can I call my people and you can tell them what you told me?’

The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Yes.’

Abu Jahl said: ‘Come O people of Bani Ka’b bin Luwee!’

A large group of people came to him and sat with them.
    Abu Jahl said: ‘Tell your people what you told me.’

The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘Indeed I was taken up on a night journey.’

They asked: ‘Where to?’

He answered: ‘To Bait ul-Maqdis.’

He asked: ‘Then you returned here amongst us?’ (i.e. returned back)

The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- answered: ‘Yes.’

Ibn Abbas said: ‘So there were those who were applauding and those who were placing their hands on their heads astonished by the lie as they claimed it to be.’

They said: ‘Could you describe the Masjid for us – and there were a group of people who had just recently travelled to that country and had seen the Masjid - !?’

The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘I began to describe the Masjid so much so that I became confused with some of the descriptions. Then the Masjid was brought so I could see it, until it was placed just near the house of ‘Uqail, so I described it while I was looking at it.’

Ibn Abbas said: ‘Even with this vivid description I could not memorize all of it - , then he said: the people said: As for the description; then we swear by Allaah! That he is correct.’

No. 3021
    ====
    Abbas Abu Yahya
    Jeddah, KSA.