Exclamation Does the student of knowledge have to accept the refutations of the scholars? Answered by Shaykh Ahmad Baazmool

The noble scholar, Shaykh Aboo 'Umar Ahmad bin 'Umar bin Saalim Baazmool, may Allaah preserve him and protect him, was asked:

Question: If one of the notable scholars refutes an individual and declares him to be a mubtadi' (innovator), then what is upon the student of knowledge with regards to this individual? Does he also declare him an mubtadi' and stick to that or not?

Answer: Yes, if a scholar who possess knowledge of the reasons and causes for al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel (criticism and praise) speaks regarding an individual and refutes him, then it is obligatory upon the student of knowledge to accept the truth (which has come from) that scholar. It is not allowed for him to contradict the scholar nor reject his speech, so long as it has come from an scholar who is knowledgeable with regards to the causes and reasons behind al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel, the likes of, for example; Shaykh Rabee' al-Madkhalee, Shaykh Zayd al-Madkhalee, Shaykh 'Ubayd al-Jaabiree, may Allaah preserve them all.

We have been tried (in our times) with some students of knowledge who, when there comes to them a refutation from one of the major scholars, says, "Wallaahi, I want to certain, I want to see for myself, I'm withholding (from this refutation), I haven't heard him say this speech (that they criticise him for)." None of this (behaviour) is from the methodology of the Salaf, may Allaah be pleased with them. For when they would refute someone his affair would finish, up until he makes Tawbah (repents), comes back (from his mistakes) and returns to the Haqq (truth). And even then he would not be given his previous position that he used to hold before (he went astray).

Source: Question and answer session from the 12th annual Makkah conference - Imaamud-Da'watis-Salafiyyah al-Mujad-did Muhammad bin 'Abdil-Wah-haab, 1433AH.
    Audio available from: miraath.net

Translated by Abul-Husayn Yusuf McNulty al-Irlandee

جزاك الله خيرا يا أخي أبا الحسين

could you please point out where exactly in miraath.net I may find this audio, as I would like to send this to some fellow brothers. I ask Allaah to make all matters easy for you in this dunya and akhira, you, your family and all those who follow the Messenger, sala Allaahu alayhi wa salam.

As-salaamu'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

Apologies for the late reply. It will take some time to locate the exact recording and minute etc in miraath.net, but here is almost all of the audio, along with the translation of Daarus-Sunnah, hafidhahumullaah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EJe9...e_gdata_player