Threaded View

Give your non-Muslim neighbor, co-worker (or relative) a copy of: Invitation to the Straight Path that Leads to Paradise

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah

Amma-ba'd

Invitation to The Straight Path that leads to Paradise

As-salamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa baarakatu, ya ikhwaan wa akhawaat,

If you have kufaar neighbors or co-workers or relatives whom you would like to give da'wah to in a direct and brief yet comprehensive manner, but don't know how, or you're pondering what to give them next, then consider giving them this new book for the sake of Allaah: Invitation to the Straight Path that Leads to Paradise, which is also available here: http://www.salafyink.com/publications/

After Khutbat al-Hajjah, the books begins with:
    Dear truth seeker,

Are you sincere? If you were to gain substantiated knowledge that contradicted what you were previously taught, would you remain loyal to falsehood or would you welcome and become loyal to the substantiated truth?

Know, O People of the Book, that there is none worthy of worship except for The Creator, who created us and brought us into existence, nurtures and sustains us, and commands us to worship Him alone.
    Sources: Invitation to the Straight Path that Leads to Paradise or
    http://www.salafyink.com/publications/
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Below are scholarly reminders of the importance and virtue of inviting/calling our disbelieving neighbors and co-workers and relatives - and kufaar, in general - to Islaam.

In his explanation of Al-Qawl-ul-Mufeed Fee Adillatit Tawheed [Beneficial Speech in Establishing the Evidences of Tawheed], Shaykh Ahmed al-Wasaabee (hafidhahullaah) said:

There are three categories of a neighbor:

a. A relative and Muslim: This neighbor has three rights, the right of Islaam, the right of kin, and the right of being a neighbor.

b. A Muslim: This neighbor has two rights, the right of Islaam and the right of being a neighbor.

c. A Non-Muslim: This neighbor has one right, the right of being a neighbor. And he has the right of your naseehah, and your sincere want for him to embrace Islaam. The neighbor who is a disbeliever has the right to be called to Islaam, and to be taught Islaam, and for Islaam to be explained to him.

Whenever 'Abdullaah ibn 'Amr Al-'Aas used to slaughter and eat meat, he would ask about his Jewish neighbor, and would order for some of the meat to be sent to his Jewish neighbour. And he said, "Verily I heard the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) say, 'Jibreel kept giving me testimony concerning the neighbour until I believed that he would inherit from me.'" (Bukhaari and Muslim, also from the narration of 'Aa`isha and Ibn 'Umar).
    Shaykh Saalih as-Sindee (hafidhahullaah) said:

I am amazed at people who may have a neighbor who is kaafir, or a colleague at work, or a customer [upon kufr]. I am amazed at those brothers who don't have anything in their hearts to help them be guided to Islaam. Only a few steps or breaths separate him (the kaafir) and the fire. Ya ikhwan, give this person da'wah! Maybe, Allaah will guide him at your hands.

Right now, we have a great opportunity. The Media left and right is talking about Islaam, Islaam, Islaam. People want to know about Islaam from you, and not just from the media, because they see you as a speaker from the inside. We should take this opportunity to teach people about Islaam, and use this opportunity. There are people who want to know Islaam more than they ever wanted to know.

Do you know the reward that you get by Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala) guiding one person by your hands?

The Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "By Allaah, for Allaah to guide by your hands one individual is better for you than the red camels." The red camels were the most expensive, valuable type of wealth they had [then]. For Allaah to guide one person by your hands is greater for you than the greatest wealth in this world. It is better for you than palaces, cars.

Da'wah is in need of perseverance. You will not find a red carpet, or a path laid out with roses, and the people glorifying you to the end of it. It is a path that requires great patience and perseverance.

I heard about a da'ee (caller) in Egypt. He freed himself - free his time up - to write to people about Islaam by way of mail. At one point, this da'ee corresponded with [this one particular] kaafir for a time period you cannot imagine - 26 years. And he did not despair. And the result of this: this kaafir announced Islaam. ...

Question to Shaikh as-Sindee: Is the reward greater for being used (by Allaah) to guide an astray Muslim to The Straight Path, or a kaafir to Islaam?

The Shaikh answered: "Without a doubt, guiding a kaafir to Islaam - that they leave from the fold of kufr - is a greater reward. And the greatest of the levels of this is that Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala) gives you the guidance to guide this one and that one, that Allaah gives you the ability to guide them both (the Muslim and the kaafir)."
    Call Disbelieving Parents to Islaam, then Travel to Seek Knowledge

Question: May Allaah bless you, our shaikh. We come from America, where the majority of our families are disbelievers. What advice do you have for us that can help bring our families to Islaam?

Answer by Shaikh Muhammad ibn 'Abdul-Wahhab al-'Aqeel (hafidhahullaah):
    This is a very good question, and extremely important question, because the finest gift you can give to your relatives is that you call them to Islaam.

The first of the ways for their guidance is that you make a lot of du'aa, and supplicate to Allaah, asking Him to guide them. It's not just that you say, "O Allaah guide these people," and walk away; rather you must adhere to all the proper etiquettes and manners of du'aa.* And you repeat it a lot, in the night and the day.

Then, it is upon you to look towards and adhere to the way of the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) and his Seerah. Because the method of the Prophet in calling to Allaah was the most excellent method. Being good and benevolent to them, assisting them upon that which they have to do [in halal matters], trying to bring their hearts together, giving them gifts. Make them love you. And if they love you, they will follow you (accept your da'wah, accept your advice).

And this is the most obligatory matter you must do for them.

Indeed one of the Salaf left from Khurasan to seek some knowledge. So he met some people, who asked him, "Where do you want to go?"

He said, "I want to seek knowledge."

(One of them) asked, "Are your parents alive?"

He replied, "Yes."

(One of them) asked, "Are they Muslim?"

He said, "No."

(One of them) said, "Go back and call them to Islaam, for indeed that is better for you than seeking knowledge."

So he went back to them, and he served them until they accepted Islaam. And he said:

That was the finest advice I ever received in my life.
    His parents died just a short while after that. He was extremely happy that they died upon Islaam. Then, he went on to seek knowledge afterwards, and he obtained a huge portion of knowledge.
    Source: Tape The Guidance of Allaah; talk by Shaikh Muhammad ibn 'Abdul-Wahhab al-'Aqeel