Post Health Blog: Gluten Free

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
    Assalaamu 'alaikum warahmatullaahi wabarakaatu

I have set up a blog with information regarding gluten related illnsesses such as gluten sensitivity and coeliac disease. It became a concern for me after recently discovering gluten containing foods (and grains) caused me some problems for several years. After plenty of research I discovered there was nothing out there that catered specifically for the Muslims who may suffer with such intolerances, allergies or diseases and now write about how to survive on a good, clean diet and in accordance to the Qur'aan and Sunnah.

The blog contains healthy recipes (with images!), addresses health issues such as mental health and depression, gut/bowel problems such as IBS, women's issues such as PCOS, infertility, abnormal menstruation and more and health benefits of many natural foods.

The intention is to focus on women's issues where possible due to there being a lack of information out there for Muslim women. During my research I noticed a lot of non-Muslim women were losing/gaining weight depending on what they needed, were able to become pregnant, reduced cysts on their ovaries and had avoided full or partial hysterectomies at young ages simply by changing their diets! Unfortunately, these are health issues common in Asian and Muslim communities yet lack of knowledge and the subject being taboo means a woman suffers in silence and avoids seeking the correct help until it is too late. As Muslim women we should be doing our part to increase the Ummah and this begins with us taking care of our bodies. Whether or not we have health issues or allergies, eating healthily is for everyone. Good health is a blessing from Allaah and we need to preserve it.

My journey thus far has varied and just to make it clear in case people have doubts, I currently cannot consume grains, including lentils because they affect me in various ways. It is something I experiment with every now and then as I know grains are in the Sunnah. For the sake of finding recipes and foods safe for me, you may see references to a paleo diet. The only purpose for this is because they do not eat grains unlike coeliac diseases sufferers and do not consume processed foods. Many gluten free foods are made using potato starch, maize, cornflour, rice flour etc and all of these foods harm me.

All Islaamic material on the blog is taken from authentic sources and will be referenced inshaaAllaah.
    May Allaah make this blog beneficial to all and bless us with good health.

Blog: http://glutenfreesalafi.com
    Twitter: @GFSalafi

"...as I know grains are in the Sunnah."
    Baarakallaahu feekum sister, can you please elaborate on this statement as I'm not sure that I've understood it correctly.