Exclamation All Bid'ah in the religion is Evil - even if the people see it as good, Abdul-Ilah Lahmami

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

All Bid'ah in the religion is Evil - even if the people see it as good; (portions taken from Shaikh 'Ali Nasr Al-Faqeehi's (hafidhahullaah) book on Bid'ah), Compiled and Translated by Abdul-Ilah Lahmami (hafidhahullaah)

We all know of the many people who will be celebrating the Prophet's birthday on the 12th of Rabi Al-Awal, and previously some spent all night specifying worshipping on 15th Sha'baan (Shababaraat). Likewise we have those who have strayed, following the Sufi path, writing weak articles in defense of these innovations, saying, "what is the fuss about?" (Abu 'Aliyah Surkheel Sherrif said this on his infamous website in aid of the people of innovation). Oh Ahlus-Sunnah, stick to the scholars of Ahlus-Sunnah and hold on to the narrations (athaar) even if the people were to abandon you.

Al-Hamdulillah, the scholars of Ahlus-Sunnah in this time are all in agreement that these are acts of innovations in the religion which are not permitted. Shaikh 'Abdul-Aziz bin Baaz, Shaikh Al-Albaani and Shaikh Ibn 'Uthaimeen (rahimahumullaah) all spoke against this bid'ah. Likewise, today Shaikh Saalih bin Fawzan Al-Fawzaan, Shaikh Rabee' bin Haadi al-Madhkhali, Shaikh 'Abdul-Muhsin Al-'Abbad, Shaikh 'Ubayd Al-Jaabiri, (to name a few, hafidhahumullaah) have all spoken against this bid'ah in the religion.

Let us see "what the fuss is about" from our beloved Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) and his companions and those that followed them upon righteousness...

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) did not celebrate his birthday nor did the Companions (radiallaahu 'anhum), neither the scholars in best three generations.

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: "Every Bid'ah is misguidance." [Sahīh Sunan Abī Dawood no. 4607].

Imam Shatbi (rahimahullaah) in his Fatawa (p.180-181) in explaining this hadeeth said: "This is taken upon its general meaning without an exception in anything being made at all, and there is nothing in it that is considered to be good."

'Abdullaah ibn 'Abbaas (radiallaahu 'anhummaa) said: "Indeed the most hated of affairs with Allaah is bid'ah (innovation)." [al-Laalikaai (1/132) Abu Nu'aim in Hulyah (7/26) and Baghawi in Sharh Sunnah (1/216)].

'Abdullah ibn 'Umar said: "All bid'ah is misguidance even if the people see it as good." [al-Laalikaai (126) Ibn Batta (205) Baihaqi in Madkhal ila Sunnan (191) ibn Nasr (70) with an authentic chain].

Abu 'Abdur-Rahman 'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) saw a group of people making dhikr in a mosque in a way other that the way of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam). They were saying "Allaahu Akbar, Laa ilaaha il-allaah, Subhana Allaah" in a collective gathering so 'Abdullaah bin Mas'ood said to them, "Count your sins… Woe to you o nation of Muhammad! How quick you rush to destruction. These are the Companions of your Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) who are many in number and these are his clothes that have not worn out and his utensils haven't broken. By the One whose Hands is my soul, either you are upon a path better than the guidance of Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) or you are opening a door to misguidance." They said, "By Allaah, O Abu 'Abdur-Rahman, we only intended good." He replied, "And how many people intend good but don't reach it." [Sunan ad-Daarimi (1/67-69) with an authentic chain].

Naafi' (rahimahullaah) reported that a man sneezed by the side of Ibn 'Umar (radiallaahu 'anhumma) and said, "All praise is due to Allaah and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger!" So Ibn 'Umar said: "And I say All praise is due to Allaah and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger, but this is not how the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) taught us; rather he taught us to say 'All praise is due to Allaah in all situations.'" [Saheeh Sunan Tirmidhi 2738, Haakim 4/265-266, Mizi in Tahdeeb al-Kamal 6/553]

The religion is complete, and nothing should be added to this perfect religion. Allaah said:

الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا

"This day I have perfected your religion and completed My favour upon you and have made Islam pleasing as your religion." [Maaidah: 3]

The scholar of Tafseer, Shaikh 'Abdur-Rahman Al-Sa'di (rahimahullaah) said regarding this Verse: "the day referred to here is the day of Arafat when Allaah completed His religion, and gave victory to His servant and Messenger... This is why the Book and the Sunnah are sufficient in the rulings of the religion, its fundamentals and branches."

Imam Maalik (rahimahullaah) said, "Whoever innovates in Islam and sees it as good, it is as if he claims that Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) has deceived the Message because Allaah says: "This day I have perfected your religion and completed My favour upon you and have made Islam pleasing as your religion." So what was not Islam then is not considered to be Islam today." [Al-I'tisaam of Shaatbi (1/64)]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said:

(( من أحدث في أمرنا هذا ما ليس منه فهو ردّ))

"Whoever introduces into our affairs that which is not from it, it will be rejected." [Saheeh Al-Bukhaari and Saheeh Muslim]

It is said to the innovators:

تعصي الإله وأنت تظهر حبه هذا لعمرك في القياس بديع

لو كان حبك صادقا لأطعته إن المحـب لمن يحب مطيـع

You disobey Allaah while showing outwardly that you love Him

This no doubt as an analogy is considered something new

If your love for Allaah were true then you would have obeyed Him

The one who loves someone obeys Him

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: "For whomsoever lives amongst you after me will see many differences. So upon you is to follow my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly-guided caliphs after me. Stick to it, and bite onto it with the molar teeth and be warned of the newly invented matters for verily every newly invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is misguidance."Sahīh Sunan Abī Dawood no. 4607.
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.