Lightbulb The Many Virtues of Dhul-Hijjah

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Official Decision and Announcement of the High Judiciary Council of Sa'udia Arabia

It has been confirmed that the High Judiciary Council (HJC) of Sa'udi Arabia has stated that the beginning of Dhul-Hijjah will be Wednesday, (10/17/2012), and the Muslims performing Hajj will be in 'Arafah on Thursday, the 9th of Dhul-Hijjah, 1433, (10/25) and the Muslim Ummah shall be celebrating 'Eed al-AdHaa on Friday, the 10th of Dhul-Hijjah, 1433 (10/26), in-shaa`Allaah.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Excerpts from a lesson Hajj & Tawheed, given by Shaikh Saleh as-Saleh (rahimahullaah)

Shaikh Saleh as-Saleh (rahimahullaah) said:

"This is a journey that was taken by Prophets and Messengers before you. Those who take the path of the Prophets magnify the Tawheed of Allaah and His House.

There are those, however, who come to perform hajj and their hearts are attached to other than Allaah. They invoke the dead and the righteous, whether present or absent. This is the opposite of Tawheed; it is shirk no matter what they call it because it is setting up rivals besides Allaah. So, free your intention from any kind of devotion to other than Allaah. Repent and come with a sincere heart, submitting to Allaah remembering what Ibraheem and his son Ismaa'eel said when they were raising the foundations of Allaah's House, the ka'bah:

رَبَّنَا وَاجْعَلْنَا مُسْلِمَيْنِ لَكَ وَمِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِنَا أُمَّة ً مُسْلِمَة ً لَكَ وَأَرِنَا مَنَاسِكَنَا وَتُبْ عَلَيْنَا إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ التَّوَّابُ الرَّحِيمُ

Our Lord! And make us submissive unto You and of our offspring a nation submissive unto You, and show us our Manasik (all the ceremonies of pilgrimage - Hajj and 'Umrah, etc.), and accept our repentance. Truly, You are the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful." (Baqarah, ayah 128)"

If you are going to make hajj, click here to learn how to make hajj upon the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), for verily one's hajj [or any act of worship] will not be accepted unless the slave fulfills each of the following three conditions:

1- he has correct 'aqeedah (belief), and
    2- is doing the action sincerely for Allaah, not seeking praise of the people or status or wealth, and
    3- is doing that action in the same manner taught by the Prophet Muhammad (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and the sahaaba.

If any one of these conditions is missing, the deed will be rejected.

Special note: If you go to Madeenah, then the objective of your visit should be according to the Sunnah and not bid'ah. Your intention is to set on a journey to visit the Prophet's mosque and not his grave. When you reach the mosque and you pray upon entering, then you may go to the grave and say, "Assalamu 'alayka ayyuhan-nabiyy." (2) The same salaam is also mentioned when you pass by Abu Bakr and 'Umar, without innovations like:

[i.e. Do NOT DO THE FOLLOWING!]

a. Visiting the grave of the Prophet salAllahu 'alayhi wasallam before praying in the mosque. [Do Not Do This!]

b. Making du'aa facing the grave. [Do Not Do This!]

c. Seeking nearness to Allaah by means of the Prophet salAllaahu 'alayhi wasallam. This is a prohibited form of tawassul. [Do Not Do This!]

d. Seeking intercession from the Prophet salAllaahu 'alayhi wasallam. [Do Not Do This!]

e. Placing the hands upon the grills around the room containing the Prophet's grave to seek blessings, etc. (3) [Do Not Do This!]

[Again the above are not to be done, for they are shirk or bid'ah]

Remember the Prophet's salAllaahu 'alayhi wasallam sayings:

"Do not make my grave an 'eed (place of celebration)..." (4)

"May Allaah's curse be on the Jews and Christians for taking the graves of their Prophets as places of worship." (5)

"Those before you took the graves of their Prophets as places of worship. Do not take graves as places of worship, for verily I forbid you to do so." (6)

Source: the website [understand - islam], which isn't working right now [perhaps someone can advise those who maintained the site, by Allaah's Permission]

For more on Tawheed, click:

here -----> http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=6&Topic=2958
    here -----> http://www.salafyink.com/aqeedah/Tawheed_Shahaadah_TrueMeanings.pdf
    here -----> http://www.tawhidfirst.com/monotheism/

The first Ten Days of Dhul-Hijjah are the Best and Most Virtuous Days of the Year!

Excerpt:

DOING GOOD DEEDS IN GENERAL: The first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah are the best and most virtuous days of the year. They are the days in which Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic - most loves the doing of good deeds. About this the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "The best days in the world are the ten days." [1]

Imaam Ibnul-Qayyim (d.751H) - rahimahullaah – said, "Indeed, its days are the most excellent of all the days with Allaah." And it has been confirmed in Saheehul-Bukhaaree (2/382), from Ibn ’Abbaas (radiyallaahu 'anhumaa) who said, that Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said: "There are no days during which good deeds are more beloved to Allaah than these (ten) days." He was then asked, 'Not even jihaad in the path of Allaah?' So he replied, "Not even jihaad in the path of Allaah, except for a person who goes out with his self and his wealth, and comes back with nothing." And it is these ten days that Allaah has taken an oath by in His Book, by His saying:

"By the Dawn and by the Ten Nights." [Sooratul-Fajr 89:1-2]

This is why it is recommended to increase in making takbeer (saying Allaahu akbar), tahleel (saying Laa ilaaha illallaah) and tamheed (saying Alhamdulillaah) during these days ...”[2]

The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "There are no days that are greater with Allaah, and in which good deeds are more beloved to Him, than these ten days. So increase in making tasbeeh (saying Subhaanallaah), tamheed, tahleel and takbeer, during them."[3] ...

Source:
    Troid.ca, via The Ark

__________________________________________________ _________________
    The Best Days of the Year - Ten Days of Dhul Hijjah
    The Best Days of the Year - Ten Days of Dhul Hijjah

1. Good deeds are more beloved to Allaah.
    ‏ ‏
    ‏ النَّبِيِّ ‏ ‏صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ‏ ‏أَنَّهُ قَالَ ‏ ‏مَا الْعَمَلُ فِي أَيَّامٍ أَفْضَلَ مِنْهَا فِي هَذِهِ قَالُوا وَلَا الْجِهَادُ قَالَ وَلَا الْجِهَادُ إِلَّا رَجُلٌ خَرَجَ يُخَاطِرُ بِنَفْسِهِ وَمَالِهِ فَلَمْ يَرْجِعْ بِشَيْءٍ ‏

"There are no days during which good deeds are more beloved by Allaah than these (ten) days." The Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, was then asked: "Not even Jihaad in Allaahs way?" He replied: "Not even Jihaad in Allaah's way; except for a person who went out (for Jihaad) with his self and wealth and came back with none (i.e. lost all for Allaah)."[Bukhaaree (no. 969)]

Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali (rahimahullaah) said: "It appears, and Allaah knows best, that good deeds practiced during these ten days are superior to any other ten days during any other month." [La'taif al Ma'rif]

2. It's recommended to be involved in a lot Dhikr.

وَيَذْكُرُوا اسْمَ اللَّهِ فِي أَيَّامٍ مَعْلُومَاتٍ

And mention the Name of Allaah on appointed days. [al-Hajj, ayah 28]

Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali (rahimahullaah) said: "The majority of the scholars view the appointed days as the ten days of Dhul Hijjah."

3. They are included in the days Allaah appointed for Musa ('alayhi salaam).

وَوَاعَدْنَا مُوسَىٰ ثَلَاثِينَ لَيْلَةً وَأَتْمَمْنَاهَا بِعَشْرٍ فَتَمَّ مِيقَاتُ رَبِّهِ أَرْبَعِينَ لَيْلَةً

And We appointed for Musa (Moses) thirty nights and added (to the period) ten (more), and he completed the term, appointed by his Lord, of forty nights. [Al-A'raf, ayah 142]

4. Allaah completed His religion on the 9th

الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا

This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. [ Al-Ma`idah, ayah 3]

5. The sacrifice is done on the 'Eid, and this is the Sunnah of Ibraheem ('alayhi salaam).

6. Allaah frees slaves from the fire on 'Arafat more than any other day.

نَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ‏ ‏صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ‏ ‏قَالَ ‏ ‏مَا مِنْ يَوْمٍ أَكْثَرَ مِنْ أَنْ يُعْتِقَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ فِيهِ عَبْدًا أَوْ أَمَةً مِنْ النَّارِ مِنْ يَوْمِ ‏ ‏عَرَفَةَ ‏ ‏وَإِنَّهُ ‏ ‏لَيَدْنُو ثُمَّ ‏ ‏ يُبَاهِي بِهِمْ الْمَلَائِكَةَ وَيَقُولُ مَا أَرَادَ هَؤُلَاءِ

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: There is no day on which Allaah frees more of His slaves from Fire than the Day of 'Arafat, and He verily draws near, then boasts of them before the angles, saying: 'What do they seek?' (Sahih Muslim 1348)

7. There is great virtue in Fasting on the 9th.

سئل رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم عن صوم يوم عرفة فقال: "أحتسب على الله أن يكفر السنة التي قبله والسنة التي بعده،

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) was asked about fasting on the Day of of Arafah. He said: Fasting the day of 'Arafah expiates the [minor] sins of two years: a past one and a coming one. [Muslim 1162]

8. Eid Al-AdHa is the 10th.

9. These are the days for Hajj.

لْحَجُّ أَشْهُرٌ مَعْلُومَات

The Hajj (pilgrimage) is (in) the well-known (lunar year) months. [Al-Baqarah, ayah 197]* the other days are Shawwal and Dhul Qi'dah

10. Allaah swears by these days.

وَالْفَجْرِوَلَيَالٍ عَشْروَالشَّفْعِ وَالْوَتْر

By the dawn; By the ten nights (i.e. the first ten days of the month of Dhul-Hijjah), And by the even and the odd. [Fajr, ayat 1-3]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: The ten are the ten days of Dhul- Hijjah and the odd is the Day of Arafah and the even is the 'Eid. [Ahmed 3/ 327 and Bazzar 2286] Ibn Rajab graded the isnad of this hadeeth as being Hasan.

Source: The old SalafiTalk Website, via Lataif al Ma'rif and Tafseer ibn Katheer
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.

__________________________________________________ __

Fasting the first Nine Days of Dhul-Hijjah
    Fasting the first Nine Days of Dhul-Hijjah

Hunaydah ibn Khaalid narrated upon the authority of his wife who said, "Some of the wives of the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihiwasallam) told me that the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihiwasallam) used to fast the Day of 'Aashoorah, the first nine days of Dhul-Hijjah, and three days out of every month*." (Imam Ahmad, An-Nasaaee; Imam Al-Albanee declared it Saheeh)

*- 13th, 14th, and 15th every month

Commentary: Imam An-Nawwawee (rahimahullaah) said with reference to fasting the first nine days of Dhul-Hijjah: "It is extremely preferable to do so."
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Fatwah from Shaikh al-'Uthaimeen about fasting first Nine Days of Dhul-Hijjah

A questioner asked Shaikh al-'Uthaimeen (rahimahullaah) the following question:

Question: Oh Shaikh, are there any authentic ahadith that mention fasting the first [nine] days of Dhul-Hijjah?

Answer by Shaikh al-'Uthaimeen: "Fasting the first [nine] of Dhul-Hijjah is from the righteous actions without doubt.

And the Prophet salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam said, "There are not any days in which righteous actions are done that are more beloved to Allaah than these ten days." They said, "Oh Messenger of Allaah, not even jihad in Allaah's cause?" He said, "Not even jihad in Allaah's cause, except for a man who left out with his self and his wealth, and he did not return with either."

So fasting is included in the general context of this hadith. And there appears a hadith stating that the Messenger of Allaah salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam used to fast the first ten of Dhul Hijjah, not counting the 'Eid [in other words, the first nine days of Dhul-Hijjah].

And Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal rahimahullaah takes this position and it is authentic. Fasting in the first ten [of Dhul-Hijjah, excluding the 'Eid] is sunnah. Yes."
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

Fasting on the day of Arafah is an expiation for two years

The ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah is the day of 'Arafah, since it is on this day that the pilgrims gather at the mountain plain of 'Arafah, praying and supplicating to their Lord. It is mustahabb (highly recommended) for those who are not pilgrims to fast on this day, since the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) was asked about fasting on the day of 'Arafah, so he said, It expiates the sins (Minor) of the past year and the coming year. [Muslim (no. 1162)]

Imaam at-Tirmidhee (d.275H, rahimahullaah) said: "The People of Knowledge consider it recommended to fast on the day of 'Arafah, except for those at 'Arafah." [Muslim (no. 1348)]

Allaah frees slaves from the fire on Arafat more than any other day.
    Likewise, the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: There is no day on which Allaah frees people from the Fire more so than on the day of 'Arafah. He comes close to those (people standing on 'Arafah), and then He revels before His Angels saying, 'What are these people seeking.'
    [Jaami'ut-Tirmidhee (3/377)]

Forgiveness of the Sins even if they are like the foam on the Sea

As for you staying till the evening in 'Arafah, then Allaah descends to the sky of the Dunya and He boasts about you to the Angels, and says: 'My slaves have come to Me, looking rough, from every deepvalley, hoping for My mercy, so if your sins were equivalent to the amount of sand or the drops of rain or like the foam on the sea, I will forgive them. So go forth My slaves! Having forgiveness and for what or who you have interceded for.'

[Reported by at-Tabarani in his book "al-Kabeer" and by al-Bazaar. Shaykh Al-Albani (rahimahullaah) graded it Hassan. Taken from 'Saheeh al-Targheeb wa Tarheeb.' Volume 2, Page 9-10, hadeeth no. 1112]

[Source: Ahadith regarding the benefits and blessings of Hajj - Translated by Abbas Abu Yahya Taken from 'Saheeh al-Targheeb wa Tarheeb' By the Shaykh Muhammad Nasr ud-Deen al-Albaani]

It is the day on which the religion was perfected and Allaah's Favor was completed

In Al-Saheehayn, it was reported from 'Umar ibn al-Khattaab (radiallaahu 'anhu) that a Jewish man said to him, "O Ameer al-Mu`mineen, there is an aayah in your Book which you recite; if it had come to us Jews, we would have taken that day as an 'Eid (festival)." 'Umar said, "Which aayah?" He said (what means): This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. [al-Maa`idah, ayah 3]. 'Umar said, "We know on which day and in which place that was revealed to the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam). It was when he was standing in 'Arafaah on a Friday."

Allaah expresses His pride to His angels

It was reported from Ibn 'Umar that the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: Allaah expresses His pride to His angels at the time of 'Ishaa` on the Day of 'Arafaah, about the people of 'Arafaah. He says, 'Look at My slaves who have come unkempt and dusty.'

Narrated by Ahmad (rahimahullaah) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

Allaah Swears by these 10 Days, odd and even

Allaah swears by these days.
    1. By the dawn;
    2. By the ten nights (i.e. the first ten days of the month of Dhul-Hijjah),
    3. And by the even and the odd . [al-Fajr, ayat 1-3]
    The Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, The ten are the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah and the odd is the Day of Arafah and the even is the Eid. [Ahmad 3/327, and Bazzar 2286] Ibn Rajab (rahimahullaah) graded the isnad of this hadeeth as being Hasan.
    [Source: Taken from Lataif al Ma'rif and Tafseer ibn Katheer (rahimahullaah)]

The standing on 'Arafaat Is the Hajj

The standing on 'Arafaat is the Hajj. The crowds should remind you of the Day of Resurrection. Humble yourself to Allaah, manifest your 'uboodiyyah to Him Alone through du'aa, sincere intention and strong determination to free yourself from the sins of the past and to build up a commitment to rush for doing what is good. Think of becoming a better person when you return. Rid yourself of false pride and showing off because it may ruin what you gain on this day.

[Source: Hajj and Tawheed by Dr. Saleh as-Saleh (rahimahullaah)]

Via: The Old SalafiTalk site
    __________________________________________________ ____________

To learn more about the Sunnah and what opposes it, click:

here ------> http://maktabah-alfawaaid.blogspot.com/2012/10/salafiyyah-is-correct-islaam-original_11.html

here ------> http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=9&Topic=12298

here -------> http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=9&Topic=12299

here -------> http://www.bidah.com/

__________________________________________________ ______________

Making Takbir, then du'aa to Allaah after praying two rak'ah inside the Ka'bah (Hijr) is a Sunnah

Question: Is salat inside the Ka'bah in any way superior to salat outside it, and is it permissible for a person to speak of what he has seen inside the ka'bah?

Answer by The Permanent Committee: Salat inside the Ka'bah is preferred, if it is possible to do so without any inconvenience, difficulty or harm to anyone, as the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) entered it and prayed therein, according to an authentic narration in the Sahihain (Two Sahihs). And it has been reported from him (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) that he came out one day looking sad, and he said: "Verily, I fear that I may have placed a burden upon my Ummah (i.e. by entering the ka'bah)." [1]

And when 'A`ishah (radiallaahu 'anha) asked him about salat in the Ka'bah, he said: "Pray in the Hijr, because it is a part of the House." [2]

This proves that salat inside the Ka'bah is preferred and is a means of drawing close (to Allaah) and an act of obedience, and in it is great merit.

However, it is not fitting that there should be crowding, or harm, or doing anything which causes difficulty to him or to the people. It is enough for him to pray in the Hijr, because it is a part of the House; and there is no objection to speaking about what he has seen inside the Ka'bah, such as its inscriptions, or what is on its ceiling or the like. There is no objection to a person talking and saying: "I saw such and such and such and such." There is no sin in that.
    The Sunnah, when one enters the Ka'bah, is to pray two rak'ahs and to say "Allaahu Akbar" and invoke Allaah, the Almighty, the All-Powerful with whatever supplications are easy for him at the end of it, especially those which have been reported (from the Prophet, salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) because the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) entered the Ka'bah and prayed therein, then he performed Takbir and supplicated Allaah. All of this has been authentically reported from him (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam).
    Source: The Permanent Committee; Fatawa Islamiya, Volume 2

[1] Abu Dawud no. 2029.

[2] Abu Dawud no. 2028; Ahmad 6:92