Threaded View

Part 1: Observations on some of the inappropraite statements of okasha Abdallaah--Philidelphia

All praise is due to Allaah The Lord of the Aalameen, and may His Salaah and salaam be upon our noble Messenger Muhammad, his family and companions. To proceed:

Allaah (The Most High) said:

لَّا يُحِبُّ اللَّهُ الْجَهْرَ بِالسُّوءِ مِنَ الْقَوْلِ إِلَّا مَن ظُلِمَ ۚ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ سَمِيعًا عَلِيمًا

Allah does not like that the evil should be uttered in public except by him who has been wronged. And Allah is Ever All-Hearer, All-Knower.

Imaam Sadi (rahimahullaah) said: He (The Most High) informed (us) that He does not like evil to be uttered in public, that is: He hates that and detests it and punishes (one) for it. And this includes all evil statements that offends and saddens, such as revilement, defamation, abuse and the likes of that; for indeed all of that is from the forbidden (affairs) that Allaah hates. And the (opposite) meaning of it (i.e. this ayah) indicates that He loves good speech, such as remembrance (of Allaah), good and lenient speech.

And (concerning) His statement: ‘’ إِلَّا مَن ظُلِمَ[Except by him who has been wrong], that is: Indeed, it is permissible for him to bring a claim against the one that oppressed him, and he complains about him, and utters the evil of the one who did evil to him without lying about him. He neither exceeds the limits against the one that oppressed him nor transgresses with his vilification towards other than the one who oppressed him….. [For further details see Tafseer As-Sadee]

Yaa Okasha! It is not befitting one who ascribes himself to knowledge to behave in that manner in which you behaved in one of your lectures. Indeed, there was no need to utter that statement against those whom you consider to be your adversaries. Indeed, whilst referring to them you stated that there are those who behave like Abubakr (radiyallaahu-anhu) during the day and like Abu Lahab at night?! Frankly speaking, this statement of yours contains excessiveness and exaggeration, because neither is any salafi able to resemble AbuBakr in the twinkling of an eye during day and night nor is it befitting to make a resemblance of anyone who ascribes him/herself to salafiyyah to Abu Lahab. I hope that after contemplation, you will realize the inappropriateness of this statement of yours; otherwise we have no doubt that there is not a salafi scholar who will endorse this statement of yours uttered against a people who ascribe to salafiiyah, unless you have clear evidence showing that they have deviated from the Aqeedah and Manhaj of the salafi.

Yaa Okasha! Abu Labab was one of the most wretched people of the Dunyaa and the Lord of the Aalameen informed us of his evil state of affairs in the afterlife—he died upon Major Kufr and Shirk; so why make a resemblance of him to those adversaries of yours that ascribe themselves to the manhajus salafi?! You even sought confirmation for that inappropriate comparison and some people in your audience found it amusing. Is this the manner in which we are to seek rectification for our communities in the West?! Yaa Okasha! Ponder upon this statement of yours and neither transgress the limits against your adversaries nor unjustly seek to tarnish their ascription to the manhajus salafi. We advise you to make a recantation and returning to correctness is virtue.

Yaa Okasha! Even if you are aware of the faults of some of the Muslims within a particular community that ascribes itself to Salafiyyah, then why do you not give advice; rather you uttered that inappropriate comparison whilst seeking to establish what you believe is Salafiyyah in truth. Inshaa-Allaah, we will address some of your statements that are in need of detail and explanation from the statements of scholars of the salafi Manhaj.

Yaa Okasha! It is from our Aqeedah not to belittle sins- be they major or minor--and the Salafi Ulamaa and their students all over the world strive in Tasfiyah Wat-Tarbiyah. Indeed, there will always be weaknesses in every community because Eemaan increases and decreases; but as long as we strive to enjoin good and forbid evil, then indeed we hope for rectification, goodness and reward from Allaah. We are quite sure that neither yourself nor anyone in your community is able to claim that they are faultless.

Yaa Okasha, as you are one who ascribes himself to knowledge, we remind ourselves and yourself of the following advise before we embark upon a series of clarifications of some of your other statements related to the manhajus salafi.

Ibn Abee Haatim (.328H) Rahimahullaah said:

''I entered Damascus and came upon the students of hadeeth, and I passed by the circle of Qaasim al Joo’ee (d.248 AH). I found a group sitting around him and he was speaking. Their appearance amazed me; and I heard him saying:

''Seize the Benefit of Five Things from the People of Your Time:

When you are present, you are not known;

When you are absent you are not missed;

When you are seen, your advice is not sought;

When you say something, your saying is not accepted;

And when you have some knowledge, you are not given anything for it.

I Also Advise You With Five Matters:

When you are treated unjustly, do not behave unjustly;

When you are praised, do not become happy;

When you are criticised, do not become upset;

When you are not believed, do not become angry;

And if people act deceitfully towards you, do not act deceitfully towards them.''

Ibn Abee Haatim said:''So I took that as my benefit from Damascus.''

Related by Ibn al Jawzee in Sifatus-safwah(2/200).

And Allaah knows best

Part two to follow Inshaa-Allaah
    The Salafi Centre of Manchester

2 Dudley Street, Cheetham Hill, Manchester, M89DA

www.salaficentre.com | twitter@Salaficentre | youtube@SalaficentreUK

www.learnaboutislam.co.uk | twitter@learnaboutislam | youtube@LearnAboutIslamUK

www.salafischool.co | twitter@salafi_school

**NEW** Live Radio broadcasting talks from various Salafi Maraakiz:-
    www.sunnahradio.net | twitter@sunnahradio