'Eid Prayer with the Salafees of Masjid as-Sunnah an-Nabawiyyah (1433AH)

As-Salaamu ‘Alaykum,

Bismillah,

All praise is due to Allah, and may exaltation and safety be granted to Muhammad, his family, his companions, and those who aid them. To proceed:

Allah, the Most High, mentions in His book, “And proclaim the grace of your Lord.” And the Messenger of Allah, prayers and peace upon him, said: “A kind word is charity.”

On Sunday, August 19th, 2012, Allah, the Most High, blessed the Salafee community of Masjid as-Sunnah an-Nabawiyyah in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to establish the ‘Eid al-Fitr prayer. And we thank Allah, the Most High, for favoring us in doing so.

This ‘Eid, by the grace of Allah was established upon the Qur’aan, the Sunnah, and the understanding of the Pious Predecessors. By Allah’s mercy, an environment was established where people were gathered purely upon the Book and the Sunnah, an environment of commanding good and forbidding evil.

This ‘Eid, by Allah’s favor, was distanced from any resemblance of the methodology of the Muslim Brotherhood (1) (al-Ikhwaan al-Muslimoon) which consists of unconditional gathering and not caring about the creed nor methodology of any party involved -let alone correcting it- rather, what they, and those who implement there methodology, deem important and strike as a goal is “unity.” But the question remains: Unity upon what?

They implement the principle of their founder: “Let us unite upon what we agree, and let us disregard that which we differ.” This is a principle that has been heavily critiqued by scholars of Islam, so beware of this, and look to whom you unite and gather with. Are they adherents to the Book and Sunnah coupled with the understanding of the Companions, or not?

May Allah, the Most High, reward our elder, Taalib ‘Abdullah, for producing an informative and well delivered ‘Eid sermon. He discussed topics ranging from creed, methodology, and family issues.

He discussed issues of monotheism (at-tawheed), the importance of uniting upon the Qu’raan and Sunnah coupled with the understanding of the Pious Predecessors, and the roles of Muslim husbands and wives. – Again, may Allah, the Most High, reward our elder brother for such a comprehensive sermon. He discussed many other issues, but this is what is easy to mention.

Also, many Salafee students of knowledge and callers to Islam attended the ‘Eid. Everyone was in good sprits, shared warm smiles and greetings, and had pleasant conversation. I ask Allah, the Most High, to accept from us and them. I pray that He has forgiven our sins and short comings this Ramadhaan, and that He, the All-Able, increases harmony between us and distances us from any proponents of discord and rancor.

In the afternoon, all though I wasn’t able to stay long due to an unforeseen circumstance, there was a BBQ, there were activities for the children and there were brothers and sisters sitting around in pleasant weather chatting and enjoying themselves. There were also young boys playing (American) football, basketball, and other games through-out the park. There was also a playground area that I didn’t get a chance to make my way to. Allahul-Musta’aan.

Allahu-Akbar! The atmosphere was truly pleasant, al-hamdolillah. And again, we were able to establish it, by Allah’s grace, whilst staying firm upon the Salafee methodology and not subjecting ourselves to watering down (at-Tamyee) our foundations and principles.

There is much more that could be said, however, I would like to wrap this small word up by thanking the administration of Masjid as-Sunnah an-Nabawiyyah, those who I don’t know, and those who I know, such as ‘Abdul-Kareem, Isa and ‘Abdul-Azeez, for their efforts in organizing such an event for the community, as it is not an easy task.

My brother, Abdul-Kareem, even took the time out to personally ask me: “Are you and your family enjoying yourselves?” Small words go a long way. May Allah, the Most Gracious, bless him and the entire community.

(1) Shaykh Saalih Ibn Fawzaan al-Fawzaan, wrote:

All praise is due to Allaah, the Lord of all that exists. May Allaah raise the rank of our Prophet Muhammad, and grant him peace, and his family and comanions as well.

My stance on al-Ikhwaan al-Muslimoon (the sect called "the Muslim Brotherhood") is that they are hizbiyoon who (only) seek positions of authority, and they do not give importance to inviting (the people) to correct the (wrong) beliefs, nor do they make any distinctions regarding who follows them - people of Sunnah or people of bid'ah.

Some recorded words of mine (contradictory to this) were a slip of the tongue which does not affect my stance on them in any way.
    Source: http://www.salafitalk.com/threads/10...oon-(1433-5-26)