Exclamation A Concise Study Guide to Fasting During the Month of Ramadaan

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

A Concise Study Guide to Fasting During the Month of Ramadaan Taken from the works of the great scholars Muḥammad b. Badr al‐Deen Balbaan [d. 1083 AH], may Allaah have mercy on him, and Dr. Saalih bin Fawzan al‐Fawzaan, may Allaah protect him.

First Excerpt:

Shaykh Saalih al‐Fawzan, may Allaah protect him, explained:

...People try to oblige all of the Muslims to begin their fast at one time. However, they fail to realize that this action of theirs is not the key to uniting the Muslims. Rather, that which will unite the Muslims is adhering to the correct creed based upon the Qur`aan and the Sunnah according to the interpretations of the pious predecessors (i.e. al-Salaf al‐Saalih)...

Imaam Maalik b. Anas [d. 179 AH], may Allaah have mercy on him, said: 'The latter of this nation will not be rectified except by that which rectified its beginning.'

Second Excerpt:

The Messenger of Allaah, prayers and peace upon, him said: "Whoever does not make his intention to fast, at night, before fajr, then there is no fast for him." So, if one makes the intention to fast [anytime] before fajr, then his fast is correct, because he actualized his intention at night.

Source: Click on the headline or here.
    Translated by: Abu Aadam Jameel Finch (Jazahu Allaahu khaira)
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.