Exclamation Warning Against The Greeting: 'Sabaahul Khayr', 'Sabaahun Noor', 'Masaa ul-Khayr', 'Masaa-in-Noor'

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Warning Against The Greeting: 'Sabaahul Khayr', 'Sabaahun Noor', 'Masaa ul-Khayr', 'Masaa-in-Noor'

In The Name of Allaah, The Most Merciful The Bestower of Mercy

A great number of the people would say when they greet one another; "Sabaahul-Khayr or Masaa-ul Khayr!" Their response to this greeting is: "Sabaahun Noor and Masaa-in Noor." This greeting is a Magian greeting (i.e. a greeting of the fire worshippers).

The Magians believe in two powerful (forces): The forces of Good and Evil, which they compare to Light and Darkness. The Magians [deviantly believe in] two gods: The god of goodness or light and the god of evil or darkness, and that these two (gods) contend with one another to rule the world. So this is the reason the Magians greet one another with their statement: Sabaahul Khayr-Sabaahun-Noor, whilst Islaam has commanded us (Muslims) to greet with the Islaamic Greeting "As-Salaamu-Alaykum."

Source: Mu'jamul Manaahiyy Lil-laf-dhiyyah (pgs: 334-335) of Shaikh Bakr Abu Zaid (rahimahullaah)
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Proofs from Revelation for the Legislation of the Islaamic Greeting of 'As-salaamu 'alaykum'

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: When you meet your Muslim brother, give him the salaam. [Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The Messenger of Allaah (sallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Should I not inform you of something that, if you were to do it, would cause you to love one another? Spread the salaam between yourselves. [Muslim]

It is related by Abu Dawud and Al-Tirmidhee, who graded it as Hadith Hasan (good Hadith), on the authority of 'Imran (radiallaahu 'anhu) that he narrated: A man came to the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and greeted him saying, "Al-Salamu 'Alaikum (peace be upon you)," and he replied to him. When the man sat down, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Ten (good deeds)." Another man came and greeted him saying, "Al-Salamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi", and the Prophet (Peace and Mercy be upon him) replied. When the man sat down, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Twenty." A third man came and greeted him saying, "Al-Salamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh (Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon you)", and the Prophet replied. When the man sat down, the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "Thirty."

Allaah said (what means): When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally. Certainly, Allaah is Ever a Careful Account Taker of all things. (An-Nisa`, ayah 86)
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

For more on the salaam and its legislated wisdom, and tremendous individual and communal benefits, click here, or ---->
    www.salafitalk.net/st//uploads/The_Salaam_[Final_Copy].doc
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

The Manners of Extending the Greetings of Peace [Salam] – Shaykh ibn al-Uthaymeen

Title: The Manners of Extending the Greetings of Peace [Salam]
    Author: Shaykh Muhammed ibn Salih al-Uthaymeen

Excerpt
    This is the 145th gathering of Liqa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh which takes place every Thursday. This gathering is on the 2nd Thursday of the month of Sha’ban in the year 1417 AH. We will begin this gathering by mentioning whatever Allah makes easy of the Tafseer of Suratul ath-Dhariyaat. We stopped at the statement of Allah;

[Ibrahim (Abraham)] said: “Then for what purpose you have come, O Messengers?” [Surat Adh-Dhāriyāt: 31]
    However, I see that I should speak about the manner of extending the greeting of peace when the Angels greeting with “Salaama” and Ibraheem replied, “Salaamu”. We mentioned previously that the response of Ibraheem was better than the initiation of the Angels, this is because the response of Ibrahim was [a nominal sentence (a sentence beginning with a noun) – it gives the meaning of stability and continuity] in contrary to the greeting of the Angels. Click here to read
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.