Exclamation Imam Muqbil: By Allaah, what we fear is that this Hizbeeyah will end up as a Taghoot for some of the Hizbees

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
    Amma-ba'd

Imam Muqbil: By Allaah, what we fear is that this Hizbeeyah will end up as a Taghoot for some of the Hizbees

The following are some benefits that student Abul Hasan Malik (hafidhahullaah) relayed two or three years ago - from his shaikh Imam Muqbil bin Hadee al-Wadi'ee (rahimahullaah) - during a talk titled The Evil of Dividing:

The enemies of Islaam are diligent in the dividing and differing of the Muslims. This is their goal! Rather, what is greater than this is that they are diligent in striking one against the other.

The Salaf-us-Saleh (righteous predecessors [first three generations]) did not divide into sects, parties.

Every group takes for itself an ignorant leader who is obsessed with leadership, obsessed (maftoon [a trial for him]) to be over the people, calling the people to himself. It becomes a thing that he is diseased by, and tried by. He calls those who are not a part of his group "misguided," simply and solely because they are not with him (and his party). And he warns against them, simply and solely because they are not with him.

By contrast, the Salaf (righteous predecessors) were one Ummah, uniting for Allaah's sake, and disassociating for Allaah's sake (loving and hating for Allaah - not because of personalities).

Allaah said (what means): Verily, your Walee (Protector or Helper) is Allaah, His Messenger, and the believers... (Al-Ma`idah, ayah 55)

So the allegiance is for Allaah and His Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and the believers who are upon the kitab and the Sunnah (with the correct understanding).

But what hurts the heart is the differing and dividing of the callers. These deviants bring about the ardent desire of the enemies of Islaam - to divide and differ. And we are not calling one group from the groups to leave off their opinions for the opinion of another group. But rather what we are calling all the groups to is to leave all of their opinions and refer everything back to the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam).

Allaah, Ta'aala, said (what means): O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination. (An-Nisa`, ayah 59)

So this command of Allaah provides for us a remedy (makhraj) a way out from the fitnah of division, an escape from the trials of differing. So if you differ in anything, then refer back to Allaah and His Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam).

This indeed is a makhraj (a way out), an escape from the fitnah of dividing.

Indeed, I believe with certain knowledge that the followers of these parties (groups) only want the truth. If they were to know that that which they were upon from dividing the ranks of the Muslims is not permissible, then many of them would flee from these obsessed leaders who have been maftoon, tested and tried with leadership.

And this is why it is important to mention (what the Salaf mentioned): that bid'ah is worse than sin, because the one who commits the sin knows that what he is upon is evil and wicked, but as for the one upon bid'ah then he believes his bid'ah to be truth. He believes that which he is upon to be correct, truth and righteousness to the Muslims, and therefore he clings firmly upon it (and therefore does not repent from it).

As ['Abdullaah] Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) said [to those in the circles who innovated a new way of making dhikr and said to Ibn Mas'ood that they only intended good]: "How many desire good, but do not obtain it."

The Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Indeed, Shaytan has given up all hope of being worshipped in the Arabian Peninsula, so therefore he seeks to sow discord.

This dividing and hizbeeyah has weakened the Muslims, and brought humiliation to the Muslims. Dividing and leaving off the Sunnah of the Messenger (in 'Aqeedah, Manhaj, character, and manner of worship)...

By Allaah, what we fear is that this hizbeeyah will end up as a Taghoot [a thing to be worshipped besides Allaah] for some of the Hizbees. If they were to make unification upon the Hizb, and to make enmity because of the party, and call the people to this party. Indeed, what we fear for them (as an end result) is a Taghootiyah. ...

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Here is how Shaikh Rabee' bin Hadee al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah) defined Hizbeeyah:
    "It is showing fanaticism to a particular idea that opposes the Qur`an and the Sunnah, showing allegiance and enmity for it. This is hizbeeyah - even if he does not organize something. He has with him a deviated idea and assembles a group of people upon it, then this is a party. (This definition) does not differ if he were to have an organization or not." [From the tape Kashfu as sitaar]

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Another definition of Hizbeeyah that some people of knowledge have given is: Loyalty or allegiance to an individual or group (who is, or that is) in opposition to the Qur`an and Sunnah, and having al-walaa` wal-baraa` for them.

So, for example, if an individual is in opposition to the Qur`an and Sunnah, yet someone remains loyal to that individual, and loves and hates based on whatever that individual has said, then this would be hizbeeyah.

__________________________________________________ _____________
    The Imaam and Muhaddith (scholar of hadeeth) Shaykh Muqbil bin Haadi al-Waadi'ee (rahimahullaah) said:
    The pillars of Hizbiyyah are three:

1. Lying (al-Kadhib)
    2. Deception (at-Tadlees)
    3. Fraudulence (al-Khidaa')
    Another time he mentioned: Deceitful plotting (al-Makr).

__________________________________________________ ______________

Shaikh Muhammad ibn Saleh al-Uthaimeen (rahimahullaah) said:

Ahlul Bid'ah have signs:

1) They attribute themselves to other than Islaam and Sunnah, which they have innovated, from Bid'ah: al-Qawliyyah (statements), al-Fi'liyyah (actions), al-'Aqdiyyah (beliefs).

2) They have bigotry to their opinions, so they do not return back to the haqq if its clarified to them.

3) They have hatred for the Imaams of al-Islaam and Deen. [Source: Saif al-Maslool li bayaan mafaasid al-ihtifaal yawm al-maulood ar-rasool]
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Related Link: O Muslims: Do not be deceived by lies, false claims, plots, deceptions of People of Bid'ah and Desires! -----> http://www.salafitalk.com/threads/14...ah-and-Desires!

Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.

Amma-ba'd

The Prophet's Remedy for Hizbeeyah

Student Abul-Hasan Malik (hafidhahullaah Ta'aala) relayed the following benefit:

The Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) gave us a remedy for this Hizbeeyah via his statement, in an authentic hadeeth:

AHbib Habeebaka hawnin ma`
    'Asa an yakoona Bagheedhaka yawmin ma`
    Wa Abghidh Bagheedhaka hawnin ma`
    'Asa an yakoona Habeebaka yawmin ma`

Love the one whom you love in moderation, for the day may come when you have to hate that one (for the sake of Allaah).
    And hate the one whom you hate in moderation, for the day may come when you have to love that one (for the sake of Allaah). [1]

Al-Manaawee, the great scholar of hadeeth (rahimahullaah), explained this hadeeth:

Do not love a person so much that no matter what he calls you to - whether it is from the truth or falsehood - that you are with him in that matter. But rather love him in moderation. Because if you have loved him (beyond moderation), then when the time comes for you to dislike him - because he has become a deviant or a disbeliever or a man of evil, wicked sin - you will not have the ability to hate him for the sake of Allaah, Subhanahu wa Ta'aala...

And do not hate one too much that it causes you to (slander) him or spread nameema.[2] As Imam Al-Manaawee mentioned that if he becomes a man of nobility, a man of the Sunnah, a man of honor and righteousness, then you would be too shy to be around him after that which you have done towards him.

Source: Tape: Sharh 40 Hadeeth Imam An-Nawawee, part 43 (second side).
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

[1] Student Aboo Suhailah 'Umar Quinn (hafidhahullaah Ta'aala) said about this hadeeth:

"In Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Shaikh Al-Albaanee said this is Hasan li ghairihi in its mawquf form (from 'Alee, radiallaahu 'anhu) and Saheeh in its marfu' form [meaning from the Prophet, salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam].

In Sahih Al Jami' (#178 in my copy), Shaikh Al-Albaanee says it is reported by at-Tirmidhi and al-Bayhaqi in Ash-Shu'ab on the authority of Abu Hurairah, radiallaahu 'anhu (marfu'), At-Tabaraani from Ibn 'Amr, radiallaahu 'anhu (marfu'), Ad-Daraqutni in Al-Afraad and others from 'Alee (marfu'), and Bukhari in Al-Adab Al-Mufrad and Al-Bayhaqi from 'Alee mawquf.

He said in Ghayatul Maraam:
    الحديث من طريق ابن سيرين صحيح مرفوعا بلا ريب والله أعلم

The hadeeth by way of Ibn Sireen (meaning the narration of At-Tirmidhee and others from Abu Hurairah) is authentic in marfu' form without a doubt. And Allaah knows best." [May Allaah have mercy on all those great scholars]

[2] Of course, refuting his falsehood and warning against him while he is upon bid'ah or kufr does not contradict not slandering him or spreading false tales about him. In-sha`Allaah, this is clear.
    Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.

Amma-ba'd

Loving and Hating for Allaah's Sake!

Allaah said (what means): You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred. For such He has written faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Ruh from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein (forever). Allah is well pleased with them, and they are well pleased with Him. They are the party of Allah. Verily, the party of Allah will be the successful. (Al-Mujadilah, ayah 22)

This ayah was revealed concerning the sahaabah (radiallaahu 'anhum), who either killed a relative in the Battle of Badr, or intended to. Abu Bakr As-Sideeq had a disbelieving son ('Abdur-Rahman) who afterward told his father, "I saw you but I avoided you (meaning because you are my father)." Abu Bakr (radiallaahu 'anhu) said to him: "Had I seen you, I would not have avoided you."

Student Abu Remlah relayed that Shaikh 'Ubaid al-Jaabiree (hafidhahullaah) said: "From the VIRTUES of Ibn 'Umar & Ibn Mughafil رضي الله عنهم is that they were even harsh with their relatives who opposed the Sunnah."

Student Salah al-'Iraanee relayed the following benefits:

- The Salaf would refute their own family in upholding the truth! Ibn Abee Unaysah used to say, "Indeed my brother Yahya is a liar.."

- 'Alee ibn Al-Husayn ibn Al-Junayd stated, "I heard Abu Dawood saying: 'My son 'Abdullaah is a liar.'"

- 'Abdus-Samad al-Madkhalee said, "Shaykh Ahmad al-Najmee even refuted his Hizbee son in public after Jumu'ah!.."

These are examples of loving and hating for Allaah's sake.

These are examples of putting no one above the truth.

These are examples of being loyal to Allaah 'Azza wa Jall - and no one in opposition to Him! Subhana!

So if your classmate or your own relative or your imam or a scholar that you benefited from or even the person whom Allaah used to guide you to Islaam or Salafiyyah, if that individual deviates, then from that moment on you must free yourself from attachment to him, break off your loyalty, for loyalty to him at that point becomes blameworthy and plunges you into what you have been running away from all these years - hizbiyyah!

Remember, Hizbiyyah is: having loyalty or allegiance to an individual or group in opposition to the Qur`an and Sunnah, and having al-Walaa` (association, amity) wal-Baraa` (and dis-association, enmity) for them.

Student Abu 'Abdus-Salaam Siddiq Al-Juyaanee (hafidhahullaah) relayed that Shaikh Ahmad ibn 'Umar Bazmool (hafidhahullaah) advised with the importance of following the Sunnah of the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). And as Shaikh Bazmool did with the topic of Ikhlaas in the first part of his highly beneficial NaseeHa, likewise the Shaikh highlighted one specific aspect of following the Sunnah in the second part of his NaseeHa: that a person should not place anyone's statement above the statement of the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) - NOT EVEN A SCHOLAR's STATEMENT, NOT EVEN an IMAM's STATEMENT.

No one in this Ummah is Ma'soom (infallible) except Prophet Muhammad (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, who who did not speak from his own desires. It was only revelation revealed to him.) He is the one who we follow, and we refer matters back to him [his Sunnah, after his death] and we don't place anyone's words above his (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) words.

The Shaikh said: By Allaah, if your shaikh was the Imam of his time, like Ibnu Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) or Ahmad ibn Hanbal or ash-Shafi'ee or Malik or al-Awza'ee or like this one or that one from the Imams of al-Islaam, then by Allaah it will not be permissible for you to be bigoted and staunch to him. Even if he was the Imam of his time, like Shaikh-ul-Islaam Ibnu Taymiyyah, like Imam Ahmad, Imam Malik, Imam ash-Shafi'ee, Imam al-Awza'ee, and so and so from the Imams. If he was truly on the same level and caliber, and was an Imam of the time, it is still not permissible that you have a staunchness and a bigoted and over-inflated opinion and sticking to him. It is not permissible.

It is not permissible. Why? Because we follow the truth - not the man. We follow the truth. And the truth - as we know - is not known by the men. But if you know the truth, then you will know who the men [of the truth] are. If you know the truth, then you will know who the men [of the truth] are. ...

The shaikh said: Even if he was the Imam of his time, it still would not be permissible to have a staunchness and a bigoted opinion for him. How about then, if your shaikh was just a student of knowledge. How about then, if your shaikh was from the criminals? How about then, if your shaikh was an extreme liar, or a stealer of speech, or a person who misinterprets the texts, and takes them out of their contexts? So if you can't have a bigoted and a staunch opinion and attachment for the Imams, then what about other than them? Don't you have shyness with Allaah, or do you want to act like this with Allaah's Religion?

Don't you have shyness with Allaah, or do you want to act like this with Allaah's Religion?

In fact, all the major scholars warned against this - warned against following them in a staunch and bigoted manner. At-Ta'asub (bigoted, staunch attachment) is to reject the truth and remain consistent upon falsehood. Also, it [At-Ta'asub] is to refer all matters back to one individual, and love and hate for him [instead of for Allaah]! To the extent that [you hold that] whatever he [this individual] says is true and whatever he rejects is false." ...

It's not possible to get to Jannah except by being upon the way of the Prophet Muhammad (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and his sahaaba (radiallaahu 'anhum). Allaah's Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: ...All in the hellfire except one...That which I and my companions are upon today. There's no other way that leads to Jannah.]
    In explaining the one aspect of Ikhlaas that Shaikh Bazmool focused on during the first part of the NaseeHa - (al-Hirs 'ala Qubool al-Haqq) to be diligent and striving diligently upon the acceptance of the truth, as well as sticking to the people of the truth, as well as not having any type of bigoted or biased behavior for individuals! - Abu 'Abdis-Salaam had earlier said:

"And this is why we're not going to let our shaikh get in the way of that. And this is: in all due respect. In all due respect. This is a portion of this phrase that a lot of times we don't take notice to. Due respect. Why?

Because no one is due respect to such an extent that will put them in front of the truth. No one is due that level of respect. No one. No one!

We have to follow the truth. Why? Because we're following and seeking after the truth for Allaah, Subhanahu wa Ta'aala. For Allaah, Subhanahu wa Ta'aala.

We don't let anyone get in the way of that. We don't let anyone get in the way of that. We seek the truth for Allaah, Subhanahu wa Ta'aala.

So if a person had a bigoted opinion for his scholars, then this is not a person who is sincere for Allaah, and he will have some deficiencies inside of his Ikhlaas. Because sincerity will necessitate and will compel you to put the truth and to put the people of the truth before everything else. The sincerity will compel you. Na'am. So even if your shaikh has fallen into that which is wrong, because you are sincere, it [your sincerity] will necessitate that you take the truth over the statement of your shaikh.

It will necessiate that you sign with the people of the truth even if it is against your shaikh. It will necessiate [this].

Why? Because you're doing what you're doing for Allaah, Subhanahu wa Ta'aala.

So in such a situation, in which an individual is clearly in opposition and clearly wrong, no matter who that person may be, it [having ikhlaas] will necessitate that you go against him. And in a situation like this, you will find - it is appropriate - the likes of these sayings: What else am I supposed to do? There was no alternative. The truth is the truth, so I had to sign with the truth. The shaikh was just wrong. He was in error, he made a mistake, so I can't side with him. I have no choice but to go with the truth. I have no choice but to go with the people of truth. [What just preceded was an example of what a sincere and truthful person would say in refusing to place his shaikh - or anyone - in front of the truth, in front of being sincere to Allaah.]

Why? Because at the end of the day - as we do in the beginning and in the middle - we don't do what we do for the shaikh. We do it for Allaah, Subhanahu wa Ta'aala. So we have to go with the truth. ..."

Highly Beneficial Audio: http://salafyink.posterous.com/be-sincere-and-not-bias-bigoted-by-abu-abdis

Exclamation Hizbeeyah and Misplaced Loyalties

Amma-ba'd

On the authority of Abu Hurrairah (radiallaahu Ta'aala 'anhu):
    Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Whosoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for party-spirit,* or calling to party-spirit, or assisting party-spirit, then if he dies (in that state), he dies a death of jaahiliyyah (pre-Islaamic ignorance). [Muslim, (6/21)]

* Hizbeeyah is the modern counterpart of this 'asabiyah (partisanship and party spirit) that Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) severely warned against. The people of knowledge have defined Hizbeeyah as: Loyalty or allegiance to an individual or group (who is, or that is) in opposition to the Qur`aan and Sunnah, and having al-walaa` (alliance) wal-baraa` (and disassociation) for them.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Hizbeeyah and Misplaced Loyalties

Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 728H, rahimahullaah) said:

"Indeed the people of the Sunnah do not follow anyone (unconditionally) other than the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), who did not speak from desires, rather it was nothing less than Revelation sent down to him. So it is obligatory to affirm all that he informed, and to obey all that he commanded. This status is not given to anyone else from this Ummah. Rather, everyone's statement can be taken or left except for that of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). So whoever sets up an individual - other than the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) - such that the one who loves and agrees with him is reckoned to be from Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah, and the one who differs with him is reckoned to be from the people of heresies and hizbeeyah - as happens with those groups who follow certain Imaams of kalaam (rhetorical speech) - then the person doing so is from the people of bid'ah, deviation and hizbeeyah." [1]

He - rahimahullaah - also stated:

"Indeed many - from the people who say such things - follow their desires in this, in order to elevate their egos, or to gain leadership, or whatever is connected to it. Their intention is not to make the Word of Allaah uppermost, nor is it to make the Religion purely for Allaah. Indeed they have hatred for those who oppose them, even if it is a mujtahid (a scholar striving his utmost to arrive at the truth) who is excused and whom Allaah is not angry with. Likewise, they are pleased with those who agree with them - even if it is an ignorant person with evil intentions who neither has any knowledge or good intent. This leads them to praise those whom Allaah and His Messenger have not praised and to censure those whom Allaah and His Messenger have not censured. It also causes them to have walaa` (love and allegiance) and 'adaa (enmity and hatred) based upon their own self-desires and not upon the Religion of Allaah and His Messenger... So whoever does this will only bring about fitan (trials and tribulations) between the people." [2]

And here again is the statement of Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) who said: Whosoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for party-spirit, or calling to party-spirit, or assisting party-spirit, then if he dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah (pre-Islaamic ignorance). [Muslim, (6/21)]

And how damaging - O seeker of true unity - has its modern counter-part, Partisianship (Hizbeeyah), been in destroying the very fabric of comprehensive brotherhood. Such that the one immersed in this Hizbeeyah loves and hates, builds and destroys - not due to the ties of correct faith (Eemaan) - but due to this vile Hizbeeyah, thereby having enmity for the friends (awliyaa`) of Allaah, competing thereby with the enemies of the Prophets!!! [3]

Allaahul Musta'aan.

Shaikh Rabee' ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah) explained Hizbeeyah: "It is showing fanaticism to a particular idea that opposes the Qur`aan and the Sunnah, showing allegiance and enmity for it. This is hizbeeyah - even if he does not organize something. He has with him a deviated idea and assembles a group of people upon it, then this is a party. (This definition) does not differ if he were to have an organization or not." [4]

Allaah, 'Azza wa Jall, said (what means):

Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is Severe in punishment. (Al-Ma`idah, ayah 2)

On the authority of 'Ali Ibn Abi Talib (radiallaahu Ta'aala 'anhu): Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: May Allaah curse those who protect or accomodate an Innovator. [Bukhaaree (no. 17), Muslim (no. 1978)]

On the authority of Abu Umaamah (radiallaahu Ta'aala 'anhu) that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Whoever loves for the sake of Allaah, hates for the sake of Allaah, gives for the sake of Allaah, and prevents (withholds) for the sake of Allaah, has perfected Eeman. [Abu Dawud (no. 4681), at-Tirmidhee (no. 2521), Ahmad (3/438, 440); 'Saheeh' due to witnesses, refer to al-Albaanee's Al-Saheeha (no. 380)]

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) also said: Verily the firmest of the handholds of Eemaan are loving for the sake of Allaah and hating for the sake of Allaah. [Musnad of Ahmad]

Imaam Muqbil (d. 1422H, rahimahullaah) said: "By Allaah, what we fear is that this hizbeeyah will end up as a Taghoot [a thing to be worshipped besides Allaah] for some of the Hizbees. If they were to make unification upon the Hizb, and to make enmity because of the party, and call the people to this party. Indeed, what we fear for them (as an end result) is a Taghootiyah." Refuge in Allaah is taken!

In his book Characteristics of The Hypocrites, Ibnul-Qayyim (rahimahullaah) said about the hypocrites: "They found the texts of the Book and the Sunnah combating their desires, so they laid down laws and principles by which they could reject them or weaken them."

In his explanation of the tremendous hadeeth narrated by Hudhaifa ibn al-Yamaan (radiallaahu Ta'aala 'anhu), Shaikh Saalih ibn Fawzaan al-Fawzaan (hafidhahullaah) said: "And the one upon whom death comes to whilst he has changed and substituted (the haqq, his deen etc), and followed the callers to misguidance, then indeed he will be from the people of hell fire, Walaa-hawla-wa-laa-quwwata-illaa-billaah."

Refuge in Allaah is taken!

Notes:
    [1] Majmoo‘ul Fataawaa (3/346-347), via SalafiTalk.Net
    [2]Minhaajus-Sunnatin Nabawiyyah (5/225), via SalafiTalk.Net
    [3] Salafi Publications
    [4] Tape Kashfu as sitaar, via SalafiTalk.Net

Exclamation Having Eeman and Befriending Those Who Oppose Allaah and His Messenger Cannot Exist in the same Person (or Jinn)

Amma-ba'd

Having Eeman and Befriending Those Who Oppose Allaah and His Messenger Cannot Exist in the same Person (or Jinn)

Allaah, Subhanahu wa Ta'aala, said (what means):

You (oh Muhammad) will not find any people who believe in Allaah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allaah and His Messenger (Muhammad), even though they were their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred (people). For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Rooh (proofs, light and true guidance) from Himself. And We will admit them to Gardens (Paradise) under which rivers flow, to dwell therein (forever). Allaah is pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allaah. Verily, it is the Party of Allaah that will be the successful. (Al-Mujadilah, ayah 22)

The grandson of Muhammad Ibn 'Abdul-Wahhab (d. 1206H, rahimahumullaah), Sulaymaan Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn Muhammad Ibn 'Abdul-Wahhab (d. 1233H, rahimahumullaah) said: "Allaah 'Azza wa Jall said that you shall Not find a person who believes in Allaah and in the hereafter befriending those who oppose Allaah and His Messenger, even if they were the closest people to him, and that is against Eeman and opposite to it since it cannot exist along with Eeman except in the way water and fire coexist (it is impossible)." [Source:Ad-Durar As-Saniyyah 8/140, via the footnotes of Shaikh Saalih al-Fawzaan's Issues Pertaining to Eeman]
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Proofs, Virtues, Fruits for Al-Walaa` wal-Baraa` (Loving and Hating for Allaah's Sake)

Love For Allaah's sake Leads to The Sweetness of Eeman

On the authority of Abu Hurrairah (radiAllaahu 'anhu): The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Whoever would like to taste the sweetness of Eeman, then let him love a person - not loving him except for Allaah's sake. [Ahmad (2/298), al-Haakim (1/3 and 4/168); Isnaad is 'hasan']

The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: There are three characteristics that if a person has them, he will taste the sweetness of Eeman: that Allaah and His Messenger are more beloved to him than anything else; to love another only for the sake of Allaah; and that he hates to convert to disbelief after Allaah has rescued him from it as he hates to be thrown into the fire. [Bukhaaree, Muslim] In another version, the above-mentioned hadeeth begins with the words: No one will find the sweetness of Eeman until and unless...

Loving and Hating For Allaah's Sake is The Strongest Handhold of Eeman

On the authority of al-Baraa ibn 'Aazib (radiAllaahu 'anhu): The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Awthaq 'Ural Eeman Al-Hubu fillaah wal-bughdu fillaah (The strongest handhold of Eeman is loving for Allaah's sake, and hating for Allaah's sake). [Ahmad (4/286), Ibn Abee Shaybah (no. 110); hasan due to supporting narrations]

Shaikh 'Abdul-'Aziz ibn 'Abdullaah ibn Baaz (d. 1420H, rahimahullaah), in his work The Authentic Creed And The Invalidators of Islaam, said: "Belief in Allaah also necessitates love for His sake, hate for His sake, and making friends and enemies for His sake..."

Loving and Hating is for Allaah's Sake Leads to Allaah's Friendship

Ibn 'Abbaas (radiallaahu 'anhumma) said: "Whoever loves for the sake of Allaah, and hates for the sake of Allaah, and befriends for the sake of Allaah, and shows enmity for the sake of Allaah, would get Walayatullaah (Allaah's friendship). Without abiding by this, no one can get the real taste (sweetness) of Eeman though he may have been a frequent offerer of prayer (salat) and fasts. Today, people keep relationship and love only for some wordly reason, but this will not provide them any benefit (on the Day of Judgement)." [Ibn Jareer]

After bringing this hadeeth of Ibn 'Abbaas in The Chapter "Love for Allaah" in the classical work Kitab at-Tawheed, the author Shaikhul-Islaam Muhammad ibn 'Abdul-Wahhab (rahimahullaah Ta'aala) mentioned among the issues/benefits of the chapter: "No one can get the friendship of Allaah and relish of Eeman until and unless he possesses four 'actions' of the heart: (1) Love for the sake of Allaah; (2) Hate for the sake of Allaah; (3) Friendship for the sake of Allaah; (4) Enmity for the sake of Allaah." [He also mentioned - among other matters/benefits - that Eeman has a sweetness that is sometimes tasted by a person, and sometimes not.]

Some Other of the Many Virtues, Benefits of Loving and Hating for Allaah's Sake

On the authority of Abu Hurrairah (radiAllaahu 'anhu): The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Allaah will say on the Day of Resurrection: 'Where are those who loved one another for My Glory? Today, I will shade them in My shade on the Day when there is no shade except My Shade...' [Muslim]

The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Allaah, The Mighty and Majestic, says: 'Those who have mutual love for the sake of My Glory will have pillars of light and will be envied by the Prophets and martyrs.' [at-Tirmidhee (2390), Ahmad (5/236-237); isnaad is 'saheeh']

Shaikh Muhammad ibn 'Abdul-Wahhab al-'Aqeel (hafidhahullaah) said: "On the Day of Judgement, Allaah will raise the level of the believers who have loved each other for Allaah's Pleasure, and shade those who have loved each other for His pleasure, as comes in the hadeeth of the seven whom Allaah will shade."

Loving and Hating for Allaah's Sake Is From The Completion of Eeman

On the authority of Abu Umaamah (radiallaahu 'anhu) that the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Man AHaba lillaah Wa Abghada lillaah Wa A'ta lillaah Wa Mana'ah lillaah Fa Qad Istakmal Al-Eeman (Whoever loves for the sake of Allaah, hates for the sake of Allaah, gives for the sake of Allaah, and prevents (withholds) for the sake of Allaah, has perfected Eeman.) [Abu Dawud (no. 4681), at-Tirmidhee (no. 2521), Ahmad (3/438, 440); 'Saheeh' due to witnesses, refer to al-Albaani's Al-Saheeha (no. 380)]

Imam As-Sa'dee (rahimahullaah), in his excellent work The Tree of Faith, said about this hadeeth:

"The place for love and hate is the heart, the place for giving and preventing [withholding] is the limbs. The single condition that encompasses all of these is sincerity, which is the spirit and essence of faith.

To love for the sake of Allaah means to love Allaah - to love what He loves of things such as actions, times, periods and circumstances, and to love those He loves such as the Prophets and their followers.

To hate for the sake of Allaah means to hate everything that Allaah hates of things such as disbelief, sin and transgression. It also means to hate those who commit these or call to these.

Giving includes the servant performing all that he has been enjoined to as mentioned in His saying [what means]: As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allaah and fears Him. And believes in Al-Husna. We will make smooth for him the path of ease (goodness). (Al-Layl, ayat 5-7)

This verse refers to the servant giving everything he has been ordered with, not just property and wealth for this is but a portion of giving. The same applies to its opposite - preventing [withholding].

Through these four matters does the servant perfect his faith and religion."

In the footnote related to this hadeeth is the following benefit relayed from Al-Manaawee's work Faydul-Qadeer (6/38): "Some said that the reason that these matters perfect Eeman is that the religion revolves around four principles - two of which are internal, and two which are external.

The internal are love and hate, and the external are performing and abstaining. Hence, whoever's intention becomes steadfast and firm, such that he loves, hates, performs and abstains for the sake of Allaah, has perfected the different stations of Eeman."

Loving and Hating is for Allaah's Sake, So Love In Moderation For a Day May Come that you Must Hate the one you Love, or Love the one you Hate

The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Love the one whom you love in moderation. Perhaps one day, he will be one whom you hate. And hate the one whom you hate in moderation. Perhaps one day, he will be one whom you love. [at-Tirmidhee and others; 'Saheeh,' Saheehul-Jaami' (no. 176)]

So if your classmate or your own relative or your imam or a scholar that you benefited from or even the person Allaah used to guide you to Islaam or specifically Salafiyyah deviates, then from that moment on you must free yourself from him, break off your loyalty, for loyalty to him at that point becomes blameworthy and plunges you into what you have been running away from all these years - hizbiyyah. Remember, Hizbiyyah is: having loyalty or allegiance to an individual or group in opposition to the Qur`an and Sunnah, and having al-walaa` wal-baraa` for them.

Allaah said (what means): You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred. For such He has written faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Ruh from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein (forever). Allah is well pleased with them, and they are well pleased with Him. They are the party of Allah. Verily, the party of Allah will be the successful. (Al-Mujadilah, ayah 22) This ayah was revealed concerning the sahaabah (radiAllaahu 'anhum), who either killed a relative in the Battle of Badr, or intended to. Abu Bakr had a disbelieving son ('Abdur-Rahman) who afterward told his father, "I saw you but I avoided you (meaning because you are my father)." Abu Bakr (radiallaahu 'anhu) said to him: "Had I seen you, I would not have avoided you."

This, ya ikhwaan, is an example of loving and hating for Allaah's sake - not in accordance with your desires. [For more on this matter click here and here]

Shirk, Bid'ah - and even Sins - Are Obstacles To Loving for Allaah's Sake

The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: There are no two persons who have mutual love for the sake of Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic - or for Islaam, and then separation is caused between them except by a sin committed by one of them. [Recorded by Bukhaaree in al-Adaabul-Mufrad (no. 401); authenticated by al-Albaanee]

Al-Manaawee said in Faydul-Qadeer (3/69): "From hating for Allaah's sake is to hate many of those who (falsely) ascribe themselves to knowledge in our time, due to the clear signs of hypocrisy visible upon them, and their hatred of the good people. So whoever has a heart free from sickness must hate them [Ahlul-Bid'ah] for the sake of Allaah for their arrogance, their evil manners and the harm they cause to the people."

Allaah said about the hypocrites (what means): They are the enemies, so beware of them. May Allaah curse them! How are they denying (or deviating from) the Right Path. (Al-Munafiqun, ayah 4) The hypocrites are those who claim Islaam but conceal their kufr, so of course they are from Ahlul-Bid'ah.

Imaam Fudayl Ibn 'Iyaad (d. 187H, rahimahullaah): If I see a man of innovation, it is as if I have seen a man from the hypocrites, Shaikh Saalih ibn Fawzaan al-Fawzaan (hafidhahullaah) commented, saying: "If you see a man from the people of innovations and desires - those in opposition to Ahlus Sunnah, it as if you have seen a man from the hypocrites - those who claim an apparent Islaam whilst they are disbelievers in secret, wishing to be deceitful. So the people of desires and bid'ah have a resemblance to the hypocrites, because they show an apparent Islaam, however they innovate and do not follow the Sunnah. This is a characteristic of the hypocrites."

This is why Shaikh-ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 728H, rahimahullaah) said: "Most of Ahlul Bid'ah are Munaffiqoon (hypocrites) with Nifaaq al-akbar (major hypocrisy in belief)!" [Of course, this is general, and not be applied to a specific person!] [For more on this matter of lies, false claims, plots, deceptions of People of Bid'ah and Desires, click here ]

Al-Walaa` wal-Baraa` (Amity and Enmity), by Shaikh Saalih al-Fawzaan (hafidhahullaah)

One's loving and hating should be for the sake of Allaah. One's association and disassociation should be for the sake of Allaah. This principle is one of the fundamentals of the religion, one that Allaah commands us to enjoin:

Proofs for Baraa` (Enmity)

Indeed there has been an excellent example for you in Ibraheem (Abraham) and those with him, when they said to their people: "Verily, we are free from you and whatever you worship besides Allaah, we have rejected you, and there has started between us and you, hostility and hatred for ever, until you believe in Allaah Alone," except the saying of Ibrahim (Abraham) to his father: "Verily, I will ask for forgiveness (from Allaah) for you, but I have no power to do anything for you before Allaah." Our Lord! In You (Alone) we put our trust, and to You (Alone) we turn in repentance, and to You (Alone) is (our) final Return, (Al-Mumtahinah, ayah 4)

Oh you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies (i.e. disbelievers and polytheists, etc.) as friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth (i.e. Islamic Monotheism, this Qur`an, and Muhammad), and have driven out the Messenger (Muhammad) and yourselves (from your homeland) because you believe in Allaah your Lord! If you have come forth to strive in My Cause and to seek My Good Pleasure, (then take not these disbelievers and polytheists, etc., as your friends). You show friendship to them in secret, while I am All-Aware of what you conceal and what you reveal. And whosoever of you (Muslims) does that, then indeed he has gone (far) astray, (away) from the Straight Path. (Al-Mumtahinah, ayah 1)

The Christians and Jews are allies to one another, so do not take either of them as allies:

Oh you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya' (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but Auliya' to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliya', then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Dhalimun (polytheists and wrong*doers and unjust). (Al-Ma`idah, ayah 51)

Even if they be your family:

O you who believe! Take not for Auliya' (supporters and helpers) your fathers and your brothers if they prefer disbelief to Belief. And whoever of you does so, then he is one of the Dhalimun (wrong-doers, etc.). (At-Tawbah, ayah 23)

People of Bid'ah also fall into this

You (oh Muhammad) will not find any people who believe in Allaah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allaah and His Messenger (Muhammad), even though they were their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred (people). For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Ruh (proofs, light and true guidance) from Himself. And We will admit them to Gardens (Paradise) under which rivers flow, to dwell therein (forever). Allaah is pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allaah. Verily, it is the Party of Allaah that will be the successful. (Al-Mujadilah, ayah 22)

Proof for Al-Walaa` (Amity)

Allaah said the believers are but brothers:

The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islamic religion). So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allaah, that you may receive mercy. (Al-Hujoorat, ayah 10)

The believers are caring brethren, the Salaf are taken as good examples for those later, ask Allaah's forgiveness and blessings on behalf of each other:

And those who came after them say: "Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful. (Al-Hashr, ayah 10)

Amity and love for believers:

Verily, your Walee (Protector or Helper) is Allaah, His Messenger, and the believers, those who perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, and they bow down (submit themselves with obedience to Allaah in prayer). And whosoever takes Allaah, His Messenger, and those who have believed, as Protectors, then the party of Allaah will be the victorious. (Al-Ma`idah, ayat 55-56)

The believers are merciful among themselves and forceful (severe) against the disbelievers:

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah, and those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allaah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of (their) prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurat (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, it then becomes thick, and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allaah has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islamic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise). (Al-Fat-H, ayah 29)

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Ways Muslims show love for the kufaar [aoodhoobillaah!]

Today, many Muslims sadly show love for the kufaar by:

1- Imitating their dress, speech (including jargons, except if necessary), manners, customs, shaving beards, growing mustaches, eating and drinking. The Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Whoever imitates the manners of a people is one of them."

2- Residing in non-Muslim territories permanently without making Hijrah. Allaah says: Verily! As for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), they (angels) say (to them): "In what (condition) were you?" They reply: "We were weak and oppressed on earth." They (angels) say: "Was not the earth of Allaah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?" Such men will find their abode in Hell - What an evil destination! Except the weak ones among men, women and children who cannot devise a plan, nor are they able to direct their way. For these there is hope that Allaah will forgive them, and Allaah is Ever Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving. (An-Nisa`, ayat 97-99)

Excused are those who are weak and those in charge of da'wah

3- Travelling to non-Muslim countries for pleasure.

4- Supporting kufaar against Muslims, which is a prelude to apostasy.

5- Relying on them, trusting them, taking them as advisors. They are allies to one another and seek to harm Islam. It is haram to employ them in jobs, through which they may reveal secrets.

Oh you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitanah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends, etc.) those outside your religion (pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse. Indeed We have made plain to you the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses) if you understand. Lo! You are the ones who love them but they love you not, and you believe in all the Scriptures [i.e. you believe in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel), while they disbelieve in your Book, the Qur`an]. And when they meet you, they say, "We believe". But when they are alone, they bite the tips of their fingers at you in rage. Say: "Perish in your rage. Certainly, Allaah knows what is in the breasts (all the secrets)." If a good befalls you, it grieves them, but if some evil overtakes you, they rejoice at it. But if you remain patient and become Al-Muttaqun, not the least harm will their cunning do to you. Surely, Allaah surrounds all that they do. (Aali 'Imraan, ayah 118-120)

O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya' (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but Auliya' to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliya', then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Dhalimun (polytheists and wrong*doers and unjust). (Al-Ma`idah, ayah 51)

6- Adopting their calendar, which is innovated and has matters of kufr. [Note: their months are named after false Greek "gods".]

7- Participating in or congratulating them on their celebrations.

And those who do not witness falsehood, and if they pass by some evil play or evil talk, they pass by it with dignity. (Al-Furqan, ayah 72)

8- Applauding kufaar, highly estimating their civilization, proud of them, overlooking their false conviction.

Do not long for splendor of dunya:

And strain not your eyes in longing for the things We have given for enjoyment to various groups of them (polytheists and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah), the splendour of the life of this world that We may test them thereby. But the provision (good reward in the Hereafter) of your Lord is better and more lasting. (Ta-Ha, ayah 131)

Muslims should compete in extracting benefits of nature, and Muslims should retain all natural sources of power:

And make ready against them all you can of power, including steeds of war (tanks, planes, missiles, artillery, etc.) to threaten the enemy of Allaah and your enemy, and others besides whom, you may not know but whom Allaah does know. And whatever you shall spend in the Cause of Allaah shall be repaid unto you, and you shall not be treated unjustly. (Al-Anfal, ayah 60)

Say (oh Muhammad): "Who has forbidden the adoration with clothes given by Allaah, which He has produced for his slaves, and At-Taiyibat [all kinds of Halal (lawful) things] of food?" Say: "They are, in the life of this world, for those who believe, (and) exclusively for them (believers) on the Day of Resurrection (the disbelievers will not share them)." Thus We explain the Ayat (Islamic laws) in detail for people who have knowledge. (Al-A'raf, ayah 32)

Verily, those who say: "Our Lord is (only) Allaah," and thereafter Istaqamu (i.e. stood firm and straight on the Islamic Faith of Monotheism by abstaining from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which Allaah has forbidden and by performing all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained), on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (Al-Ahqaaf, ayah 13)

He it is Who created for you all that is on earth. Then He Istawa (rose over) towards the heaven and made them seven heavens and He is the All-Knower of everything. (Al-Baqarah, ayah 29)

9- Adopting names of kufaar.

10- Seeking mercy and forgiveness for kufaar (this shows love for them). [Note: generally, the only du'aa a Muslim can make for kufaar is du'aa for guidance.]

It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask Allaah's Forgiveness for the Mushrikun (polytheists, idolaters, pagans, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah) even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire (because they died in a state of disbelief). (At-Tawbah, ayah 113)

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Ways Muslims show love for the believers

Here are ways Muslims can show love for the believers:

1- Hijrah to Muslim territories, and leaving non-Muslim countries.

Verily! As for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), they (angels) say (to them): "In what (condition) were you?" They reply: "We were weak and oppressed on earth." They (angels) say: "Was not the earth of Allaah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?" Such men will find their abode in Hell - What an evil destination! Except the weak ones among men, women and children who cannot devise a plan, nor are they able to direct their way. For these there is hope that Allaah will forgive them, and Allaah is Ever Oft Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving. (An-Nisa`, ayat 97-99)

2- Supporting Muslims and aiding them with one's soul, wealth and tongue in whatever they need.

The believers, men and women, are Auliya' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another, they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); they perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give the Zakat, and obey Allaah and His Messenger. Allaah will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allaah is All-Mighty, All-Wise. (At-Tawbah, ayah 71)

Verily, those who believed, and emigrated and strove hard and fought with their property and their lives in the Cause of Allaah as well as those who gave (them) asylum and help, - these are (all) allies to one another. And as to those who believed but did not emigrate (to you O Muhammad), you owe no duty of protection to them until they emigrate, but if they seek your help in religion, it is your duty to help them except against a people with whom you have a treaty of mutual alliance, and Allaah is the All-Seer of what you do. (Al-Anfal, ayah 72)

3- Sharing Muslims' delight and distress. Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam): "The similitude of the believers...is the same as one body...if any part feels pain, then the whole body..." and "A believer to one another is like a building whose different parts enforce each other." (Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) then clasped his hands [in demonstration].)

4- Being sincere to the believers and wishing all good for them. A Muslim must not swindle or cheat his Muslim brothers. Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam): "None of you will have complete faith until he likes for his brother what he likes for himself." Also other hadith show that a Muslim should not despise his brother (serious evil), desert him (in time of need), hand him over to an oppressor, turn away from him, evil transactions.

5- Respecting them and regarding them in high esteem.

Oh you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked", etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Dhalimun (wrong-doers, etc.). (Al-Hujoorat, ayah 11) O you who believe! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful. (Al-Hujoorat, ayah 12)

6- A Muslim must aid his Muslim brothers at the time of affluence and distress. Hypocrites only show sympathy in times of ease.

And that Allaah may test (or purify) the believers (from sins) and destroy the disbelievers. (Aali 'Imran, ayah 141)

7- Frequently visiting the believers and meeting them. Allaah loves those who visit only for Allaah's sake.

8- A Muslim should fulfill his obligations toward his Muslim brothers. A Muslim should not enter into a transaction already agreed upon by others.

9- A Muslim must treat his weak brothers with kindness.

And keep yourself (O Muhammad) patiently with those who call on their Lord (i.e. your companions who remember their Lord with glorification, praising in prayers, etc., and other righteous deeds, etc.) morning and afternoon, seeking His Face, and let not your eyes overlook them, desiring the pomp and glitter of the life of the world; and obey not him whose heart We have made heedless of Our Remembrance, one who follows his own lusts and whose affair (deeds) has been lost. (Al-Kahf, ayah 28)

The Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) commanded us to show mercy to [the] weak. Prophet: "You gain no victory or livelihood except through (the blessings and du'aa of poor and weak) amongst you."

10- Making du'aa for believers and asking forgiveness for them.

So know (oh Muhammad) that La ilaaha ill-Allaah (none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah), and ask forgiveness for your sin, and also for (the sin of) believing men and believing women. And Allaah knows well your moving about, and your place of rest (in your homes). (Muhammad, ayah 19)

And those who came after them say: "Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful. (Al-Hashr, ayah 10)

[Shaikh Fawzaan added as a note that although we do not befriend kufaar, we do indeed maintain relations, do justice, do business with them in a just and kind way. We do not take them as allies, otherwise dissension will result.]

Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity. (Al-Mumtahinah, ayah 8)

But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do. (Luqman, ayah 15)

Verily, those who believed, and emigrated and strove hard and fought with their property and their lives in the Cause of Allaah as well as those who gave (them) asylum and help, - these are (all) allies to one another. And as to those who believed but did not emigrate (to you O Muhammad), you owe no duty of protection to them until they emigrate, but if they seek your help in religion, it is your duty to help them except against a people with whom you have a treaty of mutual alliance, and Allaah is the All-Seer of what you do. (Al-Anfal, ayah 72)

And those who disbelieve are allies to one another, (and) if you (Muslims of the whole world collectively) do not do so (protect one another), there will be Fitnah (wars, battles, polytheism, etc.) and oppression on earth, and a great mischief and corruption (appearance of polytheism). (Al-Anfal, ayah 73)

Source: Book Guide to Sound Creed, by Dr. Saalih al-Fawzaan

Exclamation The Consequence of Supporting Falsehood, by Shaikh Rabee'

Amma-ba'd

The Consequence of Supporting Falsehood

Shaikh Rabee' ibn Haadee Al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah Ta'aala) said:

"There is no way of deliverance nor any means of rescue for this Ummah - nor these youth, nor this land - except through the adherence to the Rope of Allaah all together and abandoning this way of division and separation, uprooting its causes, as well as turning away from the various prevalent devised ideologies and systems of thought and false calls.

As - by Allaah - we know that the Arabs in their period before Islaam as well as after entering into Islaam were ashamed and embarrassed by the practice of lying and deception. But now, many among the people, have no fear nor shame about lying, nor towards false accusations, nor towards these forms of blind and ignorant hizbeeyah (partisanship) and bigotry. And indeed these groups and movements have entered into a war against true Islaam with a significant and intense engagement.

As the Messeenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: The one who abandons obedience to the Muslim authorities, and separates himself from the body of the Muslim, dies the death like the period before Islaam - the days of Ignorance.

And in another narration: The one who abandons obedience to the Muslim authorities, and separates himself from the body of the Muslim, dies the death like the period before Islaam - the days of Ignorance. And the one who dies under the flag of blind partisanship and bigotry, calling to bigoted allegiance or to support for their group, becoming angry for that group, and seeking to give victory to that group, then his being killed upon this is like being killed in the time before Islaam - the days of Ignorance. And the one who comes out against my Ummah striking against its righteous and sinning people, then they have nothing to do with me and I have nothing to do with them.

So to those upon this way: certainly the Messenger of Allaah has declared himself free from you!

These present biased associations, groups, and movements are something we noticeably experience and clearly perceive among us without even needing to clarify the proofs or evidences, or the need to affirm the true statement of the truthful one or verify the claim of the one who lies. It is a disease and affliction, which is present and readily apparent. Therefore, brothers, it is a requirement that we withdraw and remove ourselves from this way, and we strive to free ourselves from it, and eradicate it and remove it from within this Ummah.

The noble Messenger (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: The one who assists and supports a falsehood and he knows it, he continues to stand under the anger and displeasure of Allaah until he abandons this. And the one who labels or describes a Muslim with characteristics that he doesn't actually have will reside within the filthy stinking discharge fluid of the people of the Hellfire until he retracts what he said.

And I believe that the position of existing within this foul disgusting fluid may be from the worst of places in Hellfire, and we seek refuge with Allaah from that! I believe it may be that this is the most disgusting and rotten place where one could have to stay!

This mentioned state of Allaah's displeasure is for the one who supports falsehood regardless of whether this is a form of falsehood that is of major disbelief, or a form of falsehood which is a bid'ah in the Religion, or whatever form of falsehood it may be. If he supports that falsehood and he understands that it is falsehood, he stands, with Allaah Subhanahu wa Ta'aala being angry and displeased with him until he changes his position and abandons his support of falsehood.

Moreover, if he enters into disputes and utilizes lies and falsehood, and states about a Muslim or describes a Muslim individual with evil characteristics that he does not have, then his punishment is that Allaah will place him within that foul stinking discharge - fluid which comes from those people being punished in the Hellfire - until he retracts from what he stated. And within the narration mentioned by Imaam Tabaraanee: he will not exit, nor be taken out of it. How could he be taken out when he falsely accused and fabricated lies against innocent and guilt-less Muslims!

Therefore, brothers, it is upon us to hold fast to the Rope of Allaah, and to truly distance ourselves from every form of separation and division and its causes..."

Source: A LightHouse of Knowledge From a Guardian of The Sunnah, pgs. 179-180.