PDA

View Full Version : Shaikh al-Anjaaree: Make Sure Islaam is not Attacked from Your Direction!

Maher.ibn.Ahmad.Attiyeh
02-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
Amma-ba'd

Shaikh al-Anjaaree: Make Sure Islaam is not Attacked from Your Direction!

What follows are excerpts and paraphrased benefits of a lecture delivered by Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah), from a CD titled "Deception."

Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah) relayed that Shaikh Abu 'Uthmaan Muhammaad Al-Anjaaree (hafidhahullaah) - while the shaikh from Kuwait was in America, specifically in Masjid Rahmah nine years ago - said:
"Each of us is on an area on the battlefield to protect Islaam. Make sure Islaam is not attacked from your direction."

Abu Uwais explained: "...Don't let Islaam be attacked from your way. Don't let Islaam be attacked from your way. This is very important to understand what [the shaikh's] statement was. This is very serious! Akhee, you're on a post and position, and I'm on a post and position. Akhee, you have a responsibility and I have a responsibility. You have a duty, and I have a duty. If we are derelict in that duty, negligent in that duty - (if we) do not do it correctly - then Islaam is attacked from our angle. And we have harmed the Muslims. We have harmed the Muslims, particularly if you give the innovator the ability to speak. And you allow him to do so. You have given the position to the enemy.

For the quloob (hearts) are between the fingers of Ar-Rahmaan (The Most Merciful). He turns them as He wills. But if you allow the mubtadi' (innovator) to have the ability to speak to the laymen - the common folk, the people who don't possess much clarity - (then) you fall into that narration (athar), even if it is just a portion of it. [The statement of Al-Fudayl ibn 'Iyaad (rahimahullaah):] "Whoever honors an innovator has assisted in the demolition of Islaam." *

You may not feel that due to the absence of knowledge, hardness of hearts - many reasons - just like the Christians don't feel all that bad when they're committing Shirk (polytheism). And the Muslim feels it at the bottom of his heart, that, 'hey, this is off. What did he just say about Allaah? Majnoon hadha (crazy is this person who made that erroneous statement about Allaah)!

Also on that same CD - titled "Deception" - Abu Uwais said the he and the congregation at Masjid Rahmah went over this important matter concerning boycotting the people of Bid'ah and its implementation many, many times. This can be found in the "exorbant amount of tapes." If this knowledge that you have is not implemented, then that knowledge you have is just "theoretical." If you see an innovator in front of you, then all those ayat and ahadeeth and athaar concerning them are to be implemented (such that you don't sit with them, you don't read their books, you don't listen to their tapes, you don't open their emails and you don't praise them and you definitely don't give him the microphone. In fact, plugging your ears if his words were to pass all those barriers and reach you.)

And that segues into the reason for that day's talk. Innovator Abu Usamah Adh-Dhahabi attempted to deceive Abu Uwais by approaching him so that he (Adh-Dhahabi) could make bayaan, and clarify matters via Abu Uwais or Masjid Rahmah.

Allaah gave Abu Uwais tawfeeq (success) to reject the deception, and say that if Dhahabi was truthful in his claim, he had to take matters up with the 'ulemma who refuted him. There was a reason the 'ulemma made tabdee' of him [for his errors in 'aqeedah/manhaj] and it is upon him to take up those matters with the 'ulemma. [He needed to make tawba (repent) between him and Allaah, and then openly declare the truth which he concealed.] As far as going to Masjid Rahmah, this is deception.

Abu Uwais said:
There's a proper way for a mubtadi' (innovator) to make tawbah. And we have stated regarding this individual Abu Usamah Adh-Dhahabi, who for the last week or two has had this zeal to try to make tawbah as he states it, and do so by connecting himself to Abu Uwais or Masjid Rahmah. (Many times) we have sent them a message, because we don't sit or speak with these people (of bid'ah). That all you have to do - your issue is with the scholars, so go to the scholars. It doesn't benefit me to go to Zaid or Amr, if my problem is with Shaikh Rabee' bin Haadee (al-Madkhalee, hafidhahullaah). What does it benefit me to go to Moosa or Mahmoud, if my problem is (with Shaikh) Ahmad an-Najmee (who has since died, rahimahullaah), or Zayd al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah)? What does it benefit me to go to someone else? This is not the way or proper procedure to address the issue.

It's not the proper procedure to address the issue in that manner. You don't go to a laymen or a student of knowledge or students, and say, 'clarify my situation.' No!

[Abu Uwais here and later referred to books that dealt with the correct methodology in referring matters - especially matters of tabdee' and takfeer - to the major scholars.]

Shaikh Ahmad An-Najmee [rahimahullaah] said about Abu Usamah Adh-Dhahabi: He is an innovator. Stay away from him! ...

You have to be foolish min ajhal an-naas (from amongst the most ignorant of people) or an individual of trickery and Makr, plotting and planning, to take it to other than them! It makes no sense whatsoever!

That you have writing (books) and tapes, cassette tape recordings, and you saw what the shaikh said about you or heard what the shaikh said, and you just go away from there and never deal with that issue, but you come to Newark, New Jersey, to a masjid that sits over a chicken hut, talking about, you want some clarity. No! You want some games. If you wanted clarity, you would go to those individuals you have to clear things up with. The scholars made the hukum on you.

When the Qadariyah (those who deny the Qadr) appeared in the time of Yahya al-Basari and Humair ibn 'Abdur-Rahman al-Basari, and the Qadariyah had mukhalafat (oppositions to the Qur`an and Sunnah), which would lead to their departure from Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jama'ah. Yahya bin Ya'mur al-Basri and Humaid ibn 'Abdur-Rahman al-Basri were not quick in giving a ruling in this matter, but rather they went to those who were the source of knowledge from the people of knowledge and fataawa`. And that was 'Abdullaah ibn 'Umar al-Khattab (radiallaahu 'anhumma). So they informed him of what happened, and he gave them a fatwa regarding the misguidance of the Qadariyah.

[FIRST HADEETH OF SAHEEH MUSLIM: It is narrated on the authority of Yahya bin Ya'mur that the first man who discussed about Qadr (Divine Decree) in Basra was Ma'bad al-Juhani. I along with Humaid bin 'Abdur-Rahman Himyari set out for prilgrimage or for 'Umrah and said: Should it so happen that we come into contact with one of the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) we shall ask him about what is talked about Taqdir (Division Decree). Unintentionally, we came across 'Abdullaah ibn Umar ibn al-Khattab, while he was entering the mosque. My companion and I surrounded him. One of us (stood) on his right and the other stood on his left. I expected that my companion would authorize me to speak. I therefore said: Abu 'Abdur Rahman! There have appeared some people in our land who recite the Qur`an and pursue knowledge. And then after talking about their affairs, added: They (such people) claim that there is no such thing as Divine Decree and events are not predestined. He ('Abdullah ibn 'Umar) said: When you happen to meet such people, tell them that I have nothing to do with them and they have nothing to do with me. And verily they are in no way responsible for my (belief). Abdullah ibn Umar swore by Him (the Lord) (and said): If any one of them (who does not believe in the Divine Decree) had with him gold equal to the bulk of (the mountain) Uhud and then gave it (in the way of Allaah), Allaah would not accept it unless he affirmed his faith in Divine Decree...]

And the narration of Zubeed bin Harith al-Yani. When the Murji'ah came out in his time, he saw all the types of mukhalafat (opposition to the Qur`an and Sunnah) they had, so he didn't rush the matter. He sought out one of the kibaar as-Sahaabah whom fatwa could be asked from - Abu Wa`il Shaqiq at-Toofi, who showed him from the text that the murji'ah are upon baatil and are astray.

Abu Uwais said:
And I say this: Tomorrow, someone may come here and you must know that it is forbidden (haram) to give someone of that nature (upon innovation) the microphone. And you must know that it was forbidden for any of the brothers to sit here and listen (to Abu Usama Adh-Dhahabi or any Innovator). I see them as sinful, and they should make tawbah from it. I didn't say make a bayaan. There's a difference. People are going bayaan-crazy these days. Everybody, even the Pizza man has to write a bayaan. Nobody is listening to him anyway, and he has to write a bayaan? To allow yourself to listen to the words of a mubtadi' (innovator) is wrong under any circumstances. And no one can say, 'the Administration allowed this.'

The Administration did not allow this. If one individual allows it, it does not mean the Administration allows it. That's what I heard one brother say, 'The Administration allowed it.'

But know this: that no one is above reproach and no one is above making mistakes. And if a day comes - and may Allaah protect us from it - that the Administration [of Masjid Rahmah] lets a mubtadi' (Innovator) speak, you're supposed to sit here and listen? Akhee (at what point) are we going to practice (start implementing) this manhaj?

[Then Abu Uwais talked about the wrong attitude most have regarding manhaj, feeling secure, putting their guard down, failing to implement this manhaj when the mubtadi' (innovator) is right in front of you, allowing emotionalism to getting in the way of applying the text in this regard. Abu Uwais said we should be strong and have resolve.]

Abu Uwais said:
You study Ahlul-Bid'ah all day long from a book, and when they are physically in front of you, you don't know what to do? Brother, that means your knowledge is theoretical. It's just data, man, and it a'int got nottin to do with your real life, reality. You are dislocated, you are disconnected. What's the benefit of studying if you are not going to act upon it? What's the benefit of it? Is it just writing something or hearing something just to pass the time? I certainly didn't intend that...

Ive said it a hundred times, and I'll say it again. Many of our brothers [at Masjid Rahmah] think the only Innovator is Abu Muslimah (The Liar).

For the same reason you don't hug Abu Muslima, you shouldn't hug Abu Usamah Adh-Dhahabi. Why in your mind is there a difference? I'm really sorry I have to waste my breathe about this madness after we studied what we studied. Unfortunately, the people look at us in a manner that we don't deserve to be looked at. They say, 'oh, maa sha` Allaah, them brothers have IlmOnline going on, all the mashayikh call, they have this shaikh on this day and that shaikh on that day, and they connect with this shaikh and connect with that shaikh. And they're doing this and doing that.' Brother, we're not doing anything. And I'm a witness. Not doing anything.

But when everybody is moving like tortoises, then the guy who is just a little bit faster looks better. 'He got past the turtle.' Looks better. But don't get in a state of ghuroor (delusion); don't get filled up with yourself. Don't get astonished with yourself. Don't allow your head to get big. Don't start to believe the hype. Because you will destroy yourself.

I would have thought that out of a million things that could have been ingrained, that one there should have been a staple: DON'T TALK TO INNOVATORS! How many times did we talk about it?

There maybe some fools out there - in particular, this fool Abu Usamah Adh-Dhahabi - who may have believed that if he connects himself with the name of Masjid Rahmah or this brother or that brother, that this would have given him some clarity. No! This is not the case.

I asked Shaikh Anjaaree about this type. I told him because he knows Abu Usamah Adh-Dhahabi. [If Abu Usamah comes and wants to sit] what should be the mawqif in this case?

He said: The mawqif in this case is you don't sit with him. And if you are stuck, forced, you say to him: 'We're upon clarity, you're not upon clarity. Go back until you get some clarity.'

And these people, their tawbah must be clear and their bayaan must be clear. [It has to be] taken back to Ahlul 'Ilm and accepted there.

Also, on that CD, Abu Uwais said Masjid Rahmah has a policy of not giving the Microphone to (anyone who falls into any one of these three categories):

1- An Innovator (has incorrect 'aqeedah/Manhaj)
2- Doesn't have Knowledge
3- Makes too many mistakes (such as confusing an ayah with a hadeeth), even if he may be righteous

Abu Uwais also said:
Akhee, understand that whatever comes out over this microphone from myself or anyone else, it has to be:

1- Allaah said.
2- His Messenger (salallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said.
3- The Companions said.

It has to be Manhaj as-Salafee. We are not into personalities. **

Notes:

* The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator, then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." [Reported by Bukhaaree, 12/41 and Muslim, 9/140] The curse of Allaah is upon the one who is pleased with the bid'ah or the one who defends the bid'ah, as mentioned by As-Suyooti in his comments of the Sunnan of Imam An-Nasa`ee.

** Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah) taught the importance of loyalty to Allaah and not in opposition to Allaah. Student Abu Yusuf Khaleefah relayed that Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah) said concerning this matter: "If the 'ulemma refute me, then leave me. I won't be here (behind the microphone) anymore."So not only is Abu Uwais free of the actions of the Administration of Masjid Rahmah, but his talks back then, maa sha` Allaah, refute clearly the actions of the Administration of Masjid Rahmah today. This shows they are not implementing what they learned.

Related Links:

Defend Allaah's Religion And Not Those Who Innovate Into It (http://www.salafyink.com/aqeedah/DefendAllaahsReligion.pdf)

http://www.salafitalk.com/threads/237-Follow-up-of-Ruling-of-the-Ulama-on-Staying-Away-from-the-People-of-Desires (http://www.salafitalk.com/threads/237-Follow-up-of-Ruling-of-the-Ulama-on-Staying-Away-from-the-People-of-Desires)

http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=12542&sortby=desc (http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=12542&sortby=desc)

http://www.salafyink.com/studentsofknowledge/ShaykhHasanRahmah.pdf (http://www.salafyink.com/studentsofknowledge/ShaykhHasanRahmah.pdf)

http://www.salafitalk.com/threads/79-Abu-Muhammad-Al-Maghribi-CLARIFIES-his-resignation-Masjid-Rahmah-Newark-New-Jersey-USA (http://www.salafitalk.com/threads/79-Abu-Muhammad-Al-Maghribi-CLARIFIES-his-resignation-Masjid-Rahmah-Newark-New-Jersey-USA)

http://www.salafitalk.com/threads/152-Do-Not-Use-Falsehood-To-Play-The-Role-of-Savior-For-The-Tainted-Image-of-Masjid-ar-Rahmah-Yaa-Abaa-Laylah (http://www.salafitalk.com/threads/152-Do-Not-Use-Falsehood-To-Play-The-Role-of-Savior-For-The-Tainted-Image-of-Masjid-ar-Rahmah-Yaa-Abaa-Laylah)