PDA

View Full Version : Rebelling with the Sword and Performing Takfeer Due to Major Sins

Abbas.Abu.Yahya
01-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Rebelling with the Sword and Performing Takfeer Due to Major Sins

Taken from
'Al-Kabair'
The Major Sins

By
Imaam ad-Dhahabi

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

The Major Sin – Forty-Nine

Allaah Ta'ala said:

<<… but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allaah does not like the transgressors. >> [al-Baqarah: 190]

Allaah Ta'ala said:

<< And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in clear misguidance. >> [Ahzaab: 36]

316- The Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: "Whoever says to his Muslim brother, O Kafir (disbeliever)!' Then verily it returns to one of them."

There are many narrations which describe the Khawarij, and the people differed in performing Takfeer (taking people out of the fold of Islaam) upon them, since the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said about them: "they will go out from (leave) their religion as an arrow goes out of the game. So, where-ever you find them, kill them."

318 - The Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said about them: "They are the most evil of those killed under the sky, and the best person killed is the one who is killed by them."

So the Khawarij are the people of Bida', they make it Halaal to take the blood of people, and they perform Takfeer. They performed Takfeer upon 'Uthmaan and 'Alee and of a group from the pre-eminent Companions- may Allaah be pleased with all of them.

319- Ishaaq al-Azzraq, on the authority of al-'Amash, on the authority of Ibn Abu ‘Awfaa - radiAllaah anhu- who said:

I heard the Messenger of Allaah - SallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – say: The Khawaarij are the dogs of the Hell-fire.

320- Hashraj bin Nubaatata, said Sa'eed bin Jumhaan narrated to me that he said: I entered upon Ibn Abu 'Awfaa and he was blind, and he said: who are you?
I said: Sa'eed bin Jumhaan.

He said: What happened to your father?

I said: The al-Azzariqa (who are a sect from the Khawarij) killed him.

He said: May Allaah kill the al-Azzariqa! Then he said: The Messenger of Allaah - SallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – narrated to us that they are the dogs of the hell fire.

I asked: only the al-Azzariqa?

He said: All the Khawarij.

321- Hammad bin Salama said: Abu Hafs narrated to us, that he heard Abdullah bin Abu 'Awfaa say while they were fighting the Khawarij: I heard the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- say: "Tooba (a tree in paradise) for the one who kills them and is killed by them."

All Praise belongs to Allaah, may His peace and blessings be upon our final Prophet Muhammad, his family, his companions and all those who follow his guidance.