PDA

View Full Version : The Call of the Raafidah to Prostrate on the Graves of the Imaams by: Shaykh Alee Al-Haddaadee

Raha.Batts
12-12-2011, 01:56 PM
The Call to Prostration upon the Graves of the Imaams

Prostration السجود in the language means placing one’s forehead upon the ground as is said in the language of the Arabs. It is a great act of worship such that the nearest the slave is to his Lord is when he is prostrating. This is because it contains a manifestation of complete humility and humbleness to the Majesty of Allaah and His Might; since the prostrating one places the most noble of his body parts upon the earth willfully, obediently, and happy at that which he is doing; because he knows that he is prostrating to the King of kings and the Lord of lords. He is prostrating to his Creator, the One who controls his affairs, his Provider, the One who gave him Life, the One who will cause him to die, and the One who will resurrect him of the Day of Standing. He is prostrating to the One in Whose Hand is the Command in the Dunyaa and the Hereafter. He is prostrating to He in Whose Hand is Paradise and the Hellfire so He has the right that the foreheads should prostrate before Him; that the faces should turn towards Him; and that the necks should bend in humility for Him, Glorified and Exalted be He. Allaah has commanded that one should prostrate to Him Alone. He said:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا ارْكَعُوا وَاسْجُدُوا وَاعْبُدُوا رَبَّكُمْ وَافْعَلُوا الْخَيْرَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ
“O you who believe! Bow down, prostrate, and worship you Lord. Do good so that perhaps you will be successful.” (Al-Hajj 22:77)

وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمُ اسْجُدُوا لِلرَّحْمَنِ قَالُوا وَمَا الرَّحْمَنُ أَنَسْجُدُ لِمَا تَأْمُرُنَا وَزَادَهُمْ نُفُورًا
“And when it is said to them: ‘Prostrate to the Most Merciful,’ they say: ‘And what is the Most Merciful? Shall we prostrate to that which you command us?’ and it increased them in flight (from the truth).” (Al-Furqaan 25:60)

وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ اللَّيْلُ وَالنَّهَارُ وَالشَّمْسُ وَالْقَمَرُ لَا تَسْجُدُوا لِلشَّمْسِ وَلَا لِلْقَمَرِ وَاسْجُدُوا لِلَّهِ الَّذِي خَلَقَهُنَّ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ إِيَّاهُ تَعْبُدُونَ
“And from His signs are the night, the day, the sun and the moon; do not prostrate to the sun nor to the moon, but prostrate to Allaah who has created them if it is He Whom you worship.” (Al-Fusilat 41:37)

فَاسْجُدُوا لِلَّهِ وَاعْبُدُوا
“Prostrate to Allaah and worship Him.” (An-Najm 53:62)

In spite of all that, we find the Raafidah-and their brothers, the extreme Soofees share with them in this-prostrating upon the graves of their Imaams. Even though they call this prostration إنكباب (devotion), changing the names of thins does not change their realities in the least. They do at the raves that which Allaah does not like to be given to any except Him, from displaying humility, lowliness, fear, turning in repentance, seeking help and other than that from that which displays subservience. Here are some narrations in this regard; and Allaah’s Aid is sought:

They narrated from Ja’far As-Saadiq that he said regarding that which is befitting for the one who visits the grave of Al-Husayn that he ordered him, before beginning this visit, to fast for three days then perform Ghusl and put on two clean garments; then pray two Rak’ahs and he said:
“When you come to the gate stand outside of the shrine and turn your glance towards the direction of the grave and say: ‘O my patron, O Aboo Abdullaah, on son of Allaah’s Messenger; your slave, the son of your male slave and the son of your female slave stands in humility before you; deficient within the loftiness of your status; acknowledging your right; coming to you seeking refuge in your custody, with intentions toward your sacred (precincts), facing your station…’” (Up to his statement):
“Then prostrate upon the grave and say: ‘O my patron! I have come to you in fear, so give me safety. I have come to you seeking refuge, so give me refuge…’ Then prostrate on the grave again.”

Bahaar Al-Anwaar 101/257-261, transmitted from Al-Mazaar Al-Kabeer by: Muhammad Al-Mash-hadee pg. 143-144

Translated By: Raha Batts-Excerpted from Ruin Not Rapprochement (an upcoming MTWS Publication)