PDA

View Full Version : The Two Declarations of Faith (Part I)

Umm.Sufyaan.Fatimah
06-19-2011, 10:39 PM
The Two Declarations of Faith (Part I)

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the Name of Allaah, the Extremely Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy.

Ibn al-Qayyim, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said:(1)

I testify that there is no deity worthy of worship save Allaah Alone; the One Who has no partner. A declaration (kalimah) by which the heavens and the earth were established, the entire creation was created, and with which Allaah (ta`aala) sent His Messengers, revealed His Books, and prescribed Islaamic laws. Because of it, the scales were appointed, the records established and the marketplace for Paradise and Hell-Fire was erected. On account of this declaration, creation was divided into the believers and the disbelievers, the pious and the wicked. It is the purpose for creation, commandment, reward and punishment. It is the sole truth for which the creation was fashioned. The questioning and reckoning (of man) will be about this testification and its associated rights; and it is upon this testification that reward and punishment will be doled out.

Upon it, the Qiblah was assigned, the religion was founded, and the swords of Jihaad were unsheathed. It is Allaah’s sole right upon all the servants. It is the statement of Islaam and the key to the Abode of Peace (Paradise). It is the reason for which both the prior and later generations will be questioned. For surely, the feet of the slave will cease to move from before Allaah until he is questioned concerning two matters: ‘Who did you worship?’ and ‘How did you respond to the Messengers?’

So the response to the first question is through fulfilling ‘There is no deity worthy of worship save Allaah Alone,’ in knowledge, affirmation, and action.

And the response to the second question is through fulfilling ‘Muhammad ﷺ is the Messenger of Allaah,’ in knowledge, affirmation, submission and obedience.

Translated by:
Umm Sufyaan Fatimah

http://www.istijabah.com/